Windows 10: Windows file explorer only searching after pressing enter.

Discus and support Windows file explorer only searching after pressing enter. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Once every time I typed a letter in the search field it would show me the files but now it only searches when I press enter. It has been too annoying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BOT Alex, Jul 12, 2020.

1. BOT Alex Win User

Windows file explorer only searching after pressing enter.

Once every time I typed a letter in the search field it would show me the files but now it only searches when I press enter. It has been too annoying for me.

Windows file explorer only searching after pressing enter. fecfb1d3-339f-49e4-895b-d9a406971ecd?upload=true.png

I have done that but it does nothing and still needs me to press enter before it searches.

Windows file explorer only searching after pressing enter. 241d4c7e-0483-4167-bbd1-f1a9fdb3c3af?upload=true.png

Windows file explorer only searching after pressing enter. 4b694e6d-6cba-4f0f-baf3-92800c551ca8?upload=true.png

:)

BOT Alex, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2020
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Windows file explorer only searching after pressing enter.

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows file explorer only searching after pressing enter.

1. Windows file explorer only searching after pressing enter. - Similar Threads - file explorer searching

2. Only search for hidden files in Windows 11 File Explorer search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only search for hidden files in Windows 11 File Explorer search bar: Hello,I want to search my entire PC for any hidden files that I may need to transfer from my old computer mainly due to how Minecraft Java Edition saves in AppData; which is hidden. Is it possible to only search for hidden files in the search bar? I have tried...
  3. Windows 10 pro 22H2 Version...file explorer search work after pressing enter key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 pro 22H2 Version...file explorer search work after pressing enter key: Windows 10 pro 22H2 Version...file explorer search work after pressing enter key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-22h2-versionfile-explorer-search/b947f245-4875-406b-a7b3-13e8629b0ecf
  4. Windows 10 pro 22H2 Version...file explorer search work after pressing enter key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro 22H2 Version...file explorer search work after pressing enter key: Windows 10 pro 22H2 Version...file explorer search work after pressing enter key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-22h2-versionfile-explorer-search/b947f245-4875-406b-a7b3-13e8629b0ecf
  5. Windows 10 pro 22H2 Version...file explorer search work after pressing enter key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Search Tool in Windows File Explorer - Enter key does not execute search.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Tool in Windows File Explorer - Enter key does not execute search.: Hi team, I have the below issue which is exclusive to Windows File Explorer only:Whenever I need to search for a file or text in a document/folder I use CTRL + F, type the text/file name and press the enter key to execute the search.This chain of commands works in all...
  7. Search Tool in Windows File Explorer - Enter key does not execute search.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Tool in Windows File Explorer - Enter key does not execute search.: Hi team, I have the below issue which is exclusive to Windows File Explorer only:Whenever I need to search for a file or text in a document/folder I use CTRL + F, type the text/file name and press the enter key to execute the search.This chain of commands works in all...
  8. Windows file explorer only searching after pressing enter.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows file explorer only searching after pressing enter.: I have Windows 10, file search after 'enter key' is annoying.So I enabled 'view option' in 'automatically type into the search box'.But that doesn't help me either.how can I fix this? Older windows version searched files or folders automatically without 'enter key'.I want to...
  9. Cannot Enter in Windows Search or File Explorer Search

in Cortana
    Cannot Enter in Windows Search or File Explorer Search: I've looked at so many sets of instructions about how to re-enable the search fields in Windows 10 Search and File Explorer. The most useful looking one said to uninstall "Update for Microsoft Windows KB4551762" and gave great directions--almost. That update isn't listed in...
  10. having to press enter to search in file explorer after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    having to press enter to search in file explorer after reinstalling windows: [ATTACH] So i recently reinstalled windows using windows 10 media creation tool on a USB stick. After i did so, the search bar in the file explorer now requires me to press enter to start searching for the files i am looking for. In the past, it used to immediately make a...