Windows 10: Windows File Explorer Saved Searches

Discus and support Windows File Explorer Saved Searches in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I do a "Save Search" in the Windows File Explorer. For example, "comments:2017" displays all of my files with 2017 in the Comments metadata field I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tlacic, May 16, 2020.

1. tlacic Win User

Windows File Explorer Saved Searches

I do a "Save Search" in the Windows File Explorer. For example, "comments:2017" displays all of my files with 2017 in the Comments metadata field I've added prior. I have my current default view layout as "Details" when all the 2017 files are displayed. But when I do a Save Search and name it, it automatically changes from the "Details" layout to the "Content" layout. Also, when double-clicking on the saved search icon after it is saved, it automatically opens up into the "Content" layout. How can I stop it from automatically changing the view layout to Content layout? Is there a setting that I am missing to keep it displaying as Details layout?

Note: Changing the "Apply to Folders" view Options when it is in the Details layout does not make a difference for this problem. The saved search file automatically changes to Content layout view even if the default setting was set to Details layout.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

:)

tlacic, May 16, 2020

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, May 16, 2020
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, May 16, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows File Explorer Saved Searches - Similar Threads - File Explorer Saved

2. Explorer Saved Search no longer allows launching executable files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Saved Search no longer allows launching executable files.: When you create a saved search result in Explorer that contains executable files you can no longer launch the application from the saved search. This used to work and I used it extensively in Windows 10 until around the time frame that Windows 10 2004 came out. Not sure if...
  3. File explorer search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer search: Whenever i search for files and I type ‘ash’ it only returns results for file names starting with ‘ash’ like ‘Ashes.docx’ etc. Is there a setting I can change so that when i search for ‘ash’ it returns any file name containing ‘ash’ like ‘Ashes.docx’ ‘Crashing.docx’ ‘Call me...
  4. Microsoft Explorer - Saved searches - problem accessing files

Microsoft Explorer - Saved searches - problem accessing files: Hi, I have an issue in Microsoft Explorer. In Quick Access I save frequently used search queries under "saved searches". The saved searches works without problem e.g. it displays a series of pdf-files in a series of folders ranked by of creation, but when I click on each...
  5. File Explorer Search

File Explorer Search: Running Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 The search in File Explorer does not work well. It defaults to "All subfolders" and will not let me select "Current Folder". I notice others have the same issue, but I have not seen a solution. Anyone know...
  6. Question regarding saved searches in File Explorer

Question regarding saved searches in File Explorer: When I perform a search in File Explorer such as the one below, there is a "Search Tools" tab displayed. Then I save the search. ext:.mp4 OR .mov, modified:2/1/2015 .. 2/28/2015 Now when I double click on the saved search, it finds the same files, but there is no "Search...
  7. Windows File Explorer Search

Windows File Explorer Search: I used to always search for a file with a name or subject and could get a large list of items. Now, the search will only search the recent month even when I have no dates chosen. I even tried to choose dates and modified for last 5 years and will only bring up items from the...
  8. File Explorer Search

File Explorer Search: I'm having trouble using file explorer quick search. When opening a file in file explorer search bar and searching for specific files with similar names, Windows used to auotpopulate common characters in a drop down box. Now it only populates with recently used file names...
  9. Windows Explorer and searching files

Windows Explorer and searching files: Normally when I open an explorer window and lets say click DESKTOP or DOWNLOADS, the display quickly and automaticatcally displays whatever I click on. Occationally when I click on DESKTOP or DOWNLOADS or any other folder for that matter, I see the Quick Access green bar...
  10. Searching File Explorer

Searching File Explorer: Apparently from what I have read-we are all stuck by chuck when doing a search within File Explorer. When I do a word search, it seems to go into a document to find matches with your search. The problem becomes you now have to search through all these folders, files, or...