Windows 10: Windows file explorer search results -- I want search results to show a preview of my...

Discus and support Windows file explorer search results -- I want search results to show a preview of my... in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, I recently got a new computer and I am having trouble with the search results in windows file explorer. I changed the indexing settings so I... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Max S.Canada, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Windows file explorer search results -- I want search results to show a preview of my...

Hello,

I recently got a new computer and I am having trouble with the search results in windows file explorer.

I changed the indexing settings so I am able to search the contents of the files. However, the results only highlight my search term in the document's path and/or file name (even when the search term is present in the file itself). I would the search results to show and highlight the search term in the document itself.

For instance, when I search "windows" the search results only show the file name, even when "windows" is in the document itself.

Windows file explorer search results -- I want search results to show a preview of my... 2be4e727-d199-4782-8c33-b85323c45c7b?upload=true.jpg

What I want to have happen, is when I type "tru" for example, the search results show the contents of the folder. Please refer to the screenshot, below.

Windows file explorer search results -- I want search results to show a preview of my... ab29e34b-6159-4fde-96f2-f9469fbe37b4?upload=true.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

:)

Max S.Canada, Jul 12, 2019

2. File Explorer Search: Results not opening

When I use File Explorer Search in my user folders, the results appear to have lost their association and do not open when I click them.

Before search:

Windows file explorer search results -- I want search results to show a preview of my... [​IMG]

After search for "Get"

Windows file explorer search results -- I want search results to show a preview of my... [​IMG]

Note the icons have gone, the folder is not listed. Clicking the file does zilch.

nigelmercier, Jul 12, 2019
  3. TMBKLB Win User
    Windows Explorer Search Results

When I do a search in Windows Explorer (I have Windows 10), some of the search results show pathnames to the files found; others do not - why ? And how do I get them to provide a path ?

TMBKLB, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Windows file explorer search results -- I want search results to show a preview of my...

Search Results

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know where exactly are you searching for the photos.

Are you searching on Windows search bar from desktop or Windows Explorer or Photo app?

If you are searching on Photo app try the below,

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar on the Taskbar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If you are searching on Windows Explorer or Search box try the below,

Step 2: Run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

If you're having problems locating specific files, folders, or other items on your computer, try using the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks
    to see whether you have the correct permissions to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search box from the desktop.
    • Select the Troubleshooting option.
    • Select View All option and select the
      Search and Indexing.
    • Click on Next to perform the
      Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows file explorer search results -- I want search results to show a preview of my...

1. Windows file explorer search results -- I want search results to show a preview of my... - Similar Threads - file explorer search

2. File Explorer search results showing up twice.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer search results showing up twice.: For a few months now when i try to search something in file explorer pictures will show up twice after a certain date is reached. I dont know the exact date but it starts in september of 2022. This makes it very hard to navigate and search since I have a lot of pictures saved...
  3. File Explorer search results showing up twice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer search results showing up twice.: For a few months now when i try to search something in file explorer pictures will show up twice after a certain date is reached. I dont know the exact date but it starts in september of 2022. This makes it very hard to navigate and search since I have a lot of pictures saved...
  4. File explorer search results in a dropdown window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer search results in a dropdown window: Hello, I am encountering problems with the file search feature after the latest update, from the update it changed the file search from showing me the results in picture form into a dropdown box by the search bar. (https://imgur.com/a/NpMSCB1 This is the dropdown box) Its...
  5. Show search results in English?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Show search results in English?: I am using Windows 10 in my native language. Often I look online to see solutions to different problems that show step by step guides through menus and settings. The guides are in English but when I type English keywords in the search bar it does not show the results because...
  6. No Instant Search Result in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Instant Search Result in File Explorer: When searching in file explore search results are displayed right below the search bar in a list, but only when you hit Enter, the complete result is displayed. How do i restore it so i have Instant Search Results. Verson: 1909 OS Build: 18363.535...
  7. Search file not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search file not showing results: HI, I have a file, and when I search for "youtube" it doesn't show results. but when I search for "youtu" it will highlight the "youtu" in each name of the links and show all the links. if I add the b , again there will be no results. why is it? thanks! 134238
  8. Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders: I apologize if I get some of the terminology wrong. Hopefully the screenshots will help. Basically if I open Windows Explorer and select Pictures from the Navigation page, I can search for a file (IMG_2354) and find it correctly. The file is located in...
  9. File Explorer Search: Results not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Search: Results not opening: When I use File Explorer Search in my user folders, the results appear to have lost their association and do not open when I click them. Before search: [img] After search for "Get" [img] Note the icons have gone, the folder is not listed. Clicking the file does...
  10. Search not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing results: Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,. 10886

Users found this page by searching for:

1. print search results windows explorer