Windows 10: Windows File Explorer Slow to Open (and in New Windows) - Fix Shared Here on My Issue

Discus and support Windows File Explorer Slow to Open (and in New Windows) - Fix Shared Here on My Issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have the latest build of windows 10 1903 and found that opening File Explorer extremely slow. My Fix/Issue - Open the Task Manager and End the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brett-B, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Brett-B Win User

Windows File Explorer Slow to Open (and in New Windows) - Fix Shared Here on My Issue

I have the latest build of windows 10 1903 and found that opening File Explorer extremely slow.

My Fix/Issue - Open the Task Manager and End the Last Pass Application and then try to use windows file explorer. If this fixes your issue then you may want to disable the App from loading up on startup. I believe this Lastpass application was created when the LastPass Application was downloaded and installed.

I tried some of the solutions that did not work like clearing out cache for quick access and deleting some files in the quick access folder (which I am a little mad about doing because I had an extensive list of quick access folders that I have to rebuild.

Hope this Helps

:)

Brett-B, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Windows File Explorer Slow to Open (and in New Windows) - Fix Shared Here on My Issue

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Windows File Explorer Slow to Open (and in New Windows) - Fix Shared Here on My Issue :p

Frick, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows File Explorer Slow to Open (and in New Windows) - Fix Shared Here on My Issue - Similar Threads - File Explorer Slow

2. How to fix issue with shared folder not opening files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix issue with shared folder not opening files?: When attempting to access a shared folder in File Explorer the folder opens but when I select a file, the file for some reason begins to download but never opens. The other 2 people that had access to this shared folder also no longer have access to it either....
  3. How to fix issue with shared folder not opening files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix issue with shared folder not opening files?: When attempting to access a shared folder in File Explorer the folder opens but when I select a file, the file for some reason begins to download but never opens. The other 2 people that had access to this shared folder also no longer have access to it either....
  4. Windows Explorer slow to open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer slow to open: I have Windows 10 and File Explorer is slow to open. It takes over a minute to open. Once it opens it runs fine. I'm not sure why it is so slow to open and not sure what to check....
  5. File Explorer Slow on Work Shared Drive

File Explorer Slow on Work Shared Drive: All of a sudden File Explorer just decided to have a mind of its own. I have fixed most of the issues, but the one hair pulling one is that the company Share Drive is extremely slow and half the time it freezes up and closes. Specifically, it extremely slow when trying to...
  6. Fix for file explorer loading slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix for file explorer loading slow: I found a new way, Just simply press Windows key+R and type in exactly this without the dot: %appdata%. Boom, it's open, then just go to any folder you want to :...
  7. Windows File Explorer really slow when opening a file

Windows File Explorer really slow when opening a file: Hello, recently my Windows File Explorer has been really slow. Whenever I open a file or open File Explorer it freezes for about 10-20 seconds. After that it works just fine and I can navigate to any file I want, it's only when I open up a file from my desktop or try to open...
  8. File Explorer slow to open or will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer slow to open or will not open: Quite often (60% of the time) clicking on Windows Explorer results in no action whether from the tool bar or from the Windows screen for a very long period of time. There is nothing showing to determine if there is a background program causing Explorer to wait. When it...
  9. Windows 10 File Explorer opens slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 File Explorer opens slow: This was few months ago, don't mind the text in the video, this was from another issue. 2017 02 03 15 44 16 1 - YouTube And this is now: 2017 04 23 10 00 04 - YouTube You definitely can see the difference, the os is installed on a 250gb Samsung SSD. Sometimes I don't...
  10. Windows Explorer slow in opening files and folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer slow in opening files and folders: Since a couple of weeks when I open a file or folder in my Windows Explorer i see for maybe a couple of seconds a wristwatch pointer appearing and disappearing before opening that file or folder. Not a big deal but annoying. Can anyone help me please? 103092