Windows 10: Windows File Explorer stuck on ‘Working on it…’ message

Discus and support Windows File Explorer stuck on ‘Working on it…’ message in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Windows File Explorer is one of the most useful utilities on a computer running Windows 10. It is one of the most feature-loaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 6, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows File Explorer stuck on ‘Working on it…’ message

WinClub, Feb 6, 2019
  2. naftalit Win User

Window 10 file explorer stuck

Hi Deepika,

Thanks on your help

I try all three suggestion but unfortunately the problem remain.

It is look the explorer stuck when I right clicking on file letter or try to past file.

Some details on the steps:

Step 1: When the Task manager is open no Window Explorer task exist. Clicking on File Explorer under Start menu window, bring Window Explorer task. Than I End the task using task manager and reopen the task by Run New Task in the task manger. The Window
    Explorer task is appeared in the Task manger and on the screen window. Right clicking on the disk letter the Explorer was stuck again.

Step 2: I run the checkdisk on disk C (contains the Window) without /f and get report all is OK

Step 3: I run the Memory diagnostic. After long waiting time a report OK is received.

Any other suggestion will be appreciate

Thank

Naftali

naftalit, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Windows File Explorer stuck on ‘Working on it…’ message

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows File Explorer stuck on ‘Working on it…’ message

1. Windows File Explorer stuck on ‘Working on it…’ message - Similar Threads - File Explorer stuck

2. Windows Explorer file transfer stuck on "Watchdog"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer file transfer stuck on "Watchdog": I am attempting to move files that were part of an old Windows installation to a new hard drive, but has recently become stuck on a "Watchdog" fileI'm not sure what this file's purpose is and why the transfer has become stuck on it.When I attempt to pause or cancel the moving...
  3. Windows / File Explorer is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows / File Explorer is not working.: Hi, I turned my Win11 PC on today and File Explorer is not working. Everything was working fine yesterday. When I click to open a folder, the screen refreshes but no folder opens. I have ran scans and offline virus check, but no error messages are shown. When I check in the...
  4. Windows / File Explorer is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows / File Explorer is not working.: Hi, I turned my Win11 PC on today and File Explorer is not working. Everything was working fine yesterday. When I click to open a folder, the screen refreshes but no folder opens. I have ran scans and offline virus check, but no error messages are shown. When I check in the...
  5. File Explorer stuck in "working on it"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer stuck in "working on it": 2 days ago my laptop did a Windows update. The current version in Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19041, Build 19041. Now, File Explorer no longer works. For the last 10 minutes it displays "working on it" and the progress bar at the top continues to grow to the right, but no...
  6. File Explorer Stuck at 0%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Stuck at 0%: So I was trying to move a file into a folder, and when I did this it was stuck at 0%. Wasn't a big file, nearly 4 mb file, so I gave it a few minutes, and no progress was made. I decided to close it with Task Manager, and it gave me a black screen and no toolbar. I used task...
  7. Windows File Explorer stuck on ‘Working on it…’ message

Windows File Explorer stuck on ‘Working on it…’ message: When ever I try to open up file explorer it just crashes while it was "working on it". The only fix I found is temporary and its to restart the computer. I've tried changing what File Explorer opens to, clearing file explorer history, deleting the cache, terminating explorer...
  8. Windows File Explorer not working

Windows File Explorer not working: I possess Windows 10 Pro on my new Dell Inspiron 13. I can't seem to get File explorer to display my folders. On opening it, the loading icon is displayed till the window states (Not Responding)...
  9. File Explorer window stuck in the background

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer window stuck in the background: Hello. I have 4 file explorer windows open, plus a couple of apps like Chrome, Outlook, LibreOffice. I click on 1 of file explorer windows in the taskbar that happens to be in the background in order to bring the window forward, but it will not come forward. It stays in the...
  10. File Explorer error message

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer error message: I just tried to open explorer.exe and got: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action..." The program works fine if I click on a folder--it just won't open on its own. I had this problem (without the error message) in Win 7, but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer stuck on working on it

2. working on it message

3. working on it message on file explorer