Windows 10: Windows file explorer view changed

Discus and support Windows file explorer view changed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Don't know what I did (or did not), however my file explorer view changed: before I had my drives, downloads, and recent folders at the most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Motim Win User

Windows file explorer view changed

Hello,
    Don't know what I did (or did not), however my file explorer view changed: before I had my drives, downloads, and recent folders at the most left side, and to the right I had the content of each item, e.g. folder or drive.
    Now I have something like in the attached screenshot.
    I tried to manouver with the "view" at the upper toolbar but it did not change.
    I even restarted pc, but nothing changed. Please help.
    Answers will be much appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Jun 30, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jun 30, 2016
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Photo Collection On Windows 10

Hi Susan,

Using the File Explorer in Windows 10, you can change the template, column width, Group by, Sort by, and layout view of the files in a folder to your preference. You can follow the steps below to change the Folder View options on Windows 10:

• Open the folder that you want to change the view layout of in the File Explorer.
    • Click on the View tab.
    • From the View tab, you can change the options to the view layout that you want.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jun 30, 2016
  4. AndreyT Win User

Well, apparently you turned off Navigantion Pane. Open View menu, select Navigation Pane icon (the leftmost) and enable Navigation Pane in the drop-down menu.

AndreyT, Jun 30, 2016
  5. Motim Win User
    Hello AndreyT,
    Many thanks for the answer, wow, I have back my favourite file explorer look.
    However, in the 'Navigation pane' options there is no 'enable...' option (attached screenshot). I just clicked on the icon.
    Thanks again.

Motim, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows file explorer view changed - Similar Threads - file explorer view

2. file explorer view options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer view options: View layout options are not showing in file explorer. This means when looking at pictures I change the current selection, eg from large icon to extra large, or to details to see when the photos were downloaded from my camera. How can I restore the layout options?...
  3. Change windows file explorer font size in list view

Change windows file explorer font size in list view: I am visually impaired. I prefer using Mac because I can make my cursor size a lot larger than I can on my PC. I have both a Mac and a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 Pro. I have looked this question up and they say that I should go to settings>System>Display they...
  4. Windows 10 Change File Explorer Default View|

Windows 10 Change File Explorer Default View|: https://funkyimg.com/i/2UB7q.png Somehow this ended up on my Download folder, How do I fix it so it isn't in my download folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-change-file-explorer-default-view/10317313-4919-4451-9f5b-acd667a7eaaf"
  5. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing File Type Views in Explorer: I have many, many photo and video files separated into many subfolders. I'd like to change all of certain types of files to a different view: all video files to extra large icons, for instance. The trouble is, I don't want to change the icon for the subfolders they're...
  6. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Changing File Type Views in Explorer: I have many, many photo and video files separated into many subfolders. I'd like to change all of certain types of files to a different view: all video files to extra large icons, for instance. The trouble is, I don't want to change the icon for the subfolders they're...
  7. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

8. Window 10 File Explorer View

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 File Explorer View: Previously (2 weeks ago) when using explorer, the Preview Pane could be zoomed, using ctrl+mouse wheel. What happened, ?when in the pane it will only zoom the explorer file details section of the window?...
  9. Viewing file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing file explorer: I can only see one folder in file explorer. The button to allow we to reverse the folder to the previous size has vanished so I seem to be stuck on maximum...
  10. File explorer view settings

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer view settings: I know how to set the view display when browsing folders, but if I use the search facility, the default view is always Content. I would rather the default view for searches, and indeed all views in File Explorer, to be Details. How do I change the default? 105136