Windows 10: Windows file explorer view changed

Discus and support Windows file explorer view changed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Don't know what I did (or did not), however my file explorer view changed: before I had my drives, downloads, and recent folders at the most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Motim Win User

Windows file explorer view changed

Hello,
    Don't know what I did (or did not), however my file explorer view changed: before I had my drives, downloads, and recent folders at the most left side, and to the right I had the content of each item, e.g. folder or drive.
    Now I have something like in the attached screenshot.
    I tried to manouver with the "view" at the upper toolbar but it did not change.
    I even restarted pc, but nothing changed. Please help.
    Answers will be much appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Jun 30, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jun 30, 2016
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Photo Collection On Windows 10

Hi Susan,

Using the File Explorer in Windows 10, you can change the template, column width, Group by, Sort by, and layout view of the files in a folder to your preference. You can follow the steps below to change the Folder View options on Windows 10:

• Open the folder that you want to change the view layout of in the File Explorer.
    • Click on the View tab.
    • From the View tab, you can change the options to the view layout that you want.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jun 30, 2016
  4. AndreyT Win User

Well, apparently you turned off Navigantion Pane. Open View menu, select Navigation Pane icon (the leftmost) and enable Navigation Pane in the drop-down menu.

AndreyT, Jun 30, 2016
  5. Motim Win User
    Hello AndreyT,
    Many thanks for the answer, wow, I have back my favourite file explorer look.
    However, in the 'Navigation pane' options there is no 'enable...' option (attached screenshot). I just clicked on the icon.
    Thanks again.

Motim, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows file explorer view changed - Similar Threads - file explorer view

2. File Explorer home cannot change view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer home cannot change view: I cannot change the view in file explorer home as it only gives me tiles or content view and when i switch between the two nothing happens. It always showed large icons which its not showing the option to change it to that and it keeps grouping them and are unable to be...
  3. File Explorer home cannot change view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer home cannot change view: I cannot change the view in file explorer home as it only gives me tiles or content view and when i switch between the two nothing happens. It always showed large icons which its not showing the option to change it to that and it keeps grouping them and are unable to be...
  4. Change the File Explorer default view of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the File Explorer default view of files: Sorry to ask what I am sure is a simple question, but I have searched the internet, and nothing I tried works, or if it seems to work, then after I reboot, the old default return. Specifically, whenever I open Windows 10 File Explorer and click on a folder, the files are...
  5. Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer

Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer: New to Windows 10 here from Windows 7 and am having lots of difficulty adjusting to how to see my folders and files. For example, I don't want to see clusters of numerically named folders and files and then A-H, I-P etc. I want to see all folders on top, in order of date...
  6. Windows 10 Change File Explorer Default View|

Windows 10 Change File Explorer Default View|: https://funkyimg.com/i/2UB7q.png Somehow this ended up on my Download folder, How do I fix it so it isn't in my download folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-change-file-explorer-default-view/10317313-4919-4451-9f5b-acd667a7eaaf"
  7. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing File Type Views in Explorer: I have many, many photo and video files separated into many subfolders. I'd like to change all of certain types of files to a different view: all video files to extra large icons, for instance. The trouble is, I don't want to change the icon for the subfolders they're...
  8. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Changing File Type Views in Explorer: I have many, many photo and video files separated into many subfolders. I'd like to change all of certain types of files to a different view: all video files to extra large icons, for instance. The trouble is, I don't want to change the icon for the subfolders they're...
  9. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

10. Viewing file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing file explorer: I can only see one folder in file explorer. The button to allow we to reverse the folder to the previous size has vanished so I seem to be stuck on maximum...