Windows 10: Windows File Explorer will not resize or minimize

Discus and support Windows File Explorer will not resize or minimize in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Yammz [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Yammz, Mar 18, 2020.

1. /u/Yammz Win User

Windows File Explorer will not resize or minimize

/u/Yammz, Mar 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane - resizing doesn't resize the file being previewed!

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate information and resolution regarding your concern in resizing Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 18, 2020
  3. BlHunter Win User
    File Explorer Does Not Minimize

This is weird. My File Explorer will no longer minimize without locking up.

Specifically, if I open File Explorer it opens up fine. If I click on the minimize button the window itself will minimize like expected however the list of files within that window will all flash/blink rapidly and the window will get stuck in the minimized
    state. It will no longer open or close when I press the "X" the "x" will turn red and it will say "not Responding" and stick for a minute and then the box closes.

File Explorer used to minimize correctly for years until the update last week.

Can anybody help...please...Anybody...

BlHunter, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Shuguy Win User

Windows 10 - Can't resize or minimize windows!

Hi,

I have problem with my windows explorer, I can't minimize or resize windows. It's always full size and only what I can do about it is closeing it. Aside with these two problems the third one is about slow loading windows, other programs works normal.

So far I tried resolve that problem by:

1. Checking if Tablet Mode is off (it is + windows won't switch it back to tablet mode, only desktop now).
    2. sfc scan
    3. Window > Properties > Normal Mode(not max or min size)
    4. Multitasking settings (I tried to turn off and then on it, nothing changed)
    5. Video card drivers looks like they are up to date
    6. Tried to run all windows in separate processes (Files Explorer Options)
    7. I removed TeamViewer as well becuase I read somewhere it fixed problem for user

Dunno what to do more... I logged on another user in my PC and problem was the same. I still can't resize or minimize windows.

Shuguy, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows File Explorer will not resize or minimize - Similar Threads - File Explorer resize

2. file explorer won't minimize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer won't minimize: hi,I cannot minimize file explorer in Windows 11. I mean when I click on the second button on the upper right, the button left to the X. Always full screen. Should be like in the screenshot, but is not. How to fix it?...
  3. file explorer won't minimize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer won't minimize: hi,I cannot minimize file explorer in Windows 11. I mean when I click on the second button on the upper right, the button left to the X. Always full screen. Should be like in the screenshot, but is not. How to fix it?...
  4. File explorer cannot be resize/minimize 2020

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer cannot be resize/minimize 2020: when I try to resize this is how it looks like and it gives some, I tried this tread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-resize-file-explorer-windows/913f53de-e4b0-4940-a307-827bb8a4a25a and...
  5. Resizing text in window/file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resizing text in window/file explorer?: Hi all, I recently purchased a new laptop and tried to open a file in Netbeans - it opened up the file explorer from where you're supposed to choose the file you want to open - and the text along the top bar of the screen is tiny as well as the text in the pop up explorer?...
  6. File Explorer flashes when minimized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer flashes when minimized: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/al-herbi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eqt4kd/file_explorer_flashes_when_minimized/
  7. Windows 10 - Can't resize or minimize windows!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Can't resize or minimize windows!: Hi, I have problem with my windows explorer, I can't minimize or resize windows. It's always full size and only what I can do about it is closeing it. Aside with these two problems the third one is about slow loading windows, other programs works normal. So far I tried...
  8. Windows 10 - Can't resize or minimize widnows!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Can't resize or minimize widnows!: Hi, I have problem with my windows explorer, I can't minimize or resize windows. It's always full size and only what I can do about it is closeing it. Aside with these two problems the third one is about slow loading windows, other programs works normal. So far I tried...
  9. Resizing File Explorer Window

in Windows 10 Support
    Resizing File Explorer Window: When I open File Explorer the window opens maximized and will not let me resize it. The minimize (-) and close (x) buttons work ok but the center button doesn't do anything when picked. I am new to windows 10, my old system was XP. Any help/ideas would be appreciated. 48903
  10. File Explorer cannot resize its window

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer cannot resize its window: Hello, when I open the File Explorer, it opens in full-screen mode. I can minimize it but not resize the window. If I click the top-right corner symbol of two squares, the file explorer window gets smaller but the text in it flashes on and off for a while and then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer will not minimize