Windows 10: Windows File Explorer window keeps resizing to default

Discus and support Windows File Explorer window keeps resizing to default in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, My File Explorer keeps resizing my window to the default small square box size, which is really annoying when I make it different after closing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Yusuf1237, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Yusuf1237 Win User

Windows File Explorer window keeps resizing to default

Hello,

My File Explorer keeps resizing my window to the default small square box size, which is really annoying when I make it different after closing FE it just gets resized back to default. Please take a look at the attached screenshot for better explanations.
    Windows File Explorer window keeps resizing to default [​IMG]

Windows File Explorer window keeps resizing to default [​IMG]

The screenshot with the RED color is the default size it always resets to, the one with the BLUE color is the way I want the screen to be (stretched out in hight), but whenever I do that and close file explorer (by pressing the X) and re-opening it it just resets back to the RED one.

Any help I can get with this problem? and stop it from changing.

:)

Yusuf1237, Oct 19, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Windows File Explorer window keeps resizing to default :p

Frick, Oct 19, 2018
  4. geno368 Win User

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows File Explorer window keeps resizing to default - Similar Threads - File Explorer window

2. Change windows default file Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change windows default file Explorer: I have downloaded the Files file explorer as it has tabs. How would I change it to be the default explorer? I want win+e to open it and it to open when invoking the explorer from other programs. submitted by /u/InTheKnow_12 [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows Explorer Window: Can't resize it.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Window: Can't resize it.: Hi, I'm having a really hard time with my Windows Explorer Window. It's stuck in maximum mode but I can minimize. The problem is I can't use the arrows to change the size of the window. Any help would be appreciated. I'm working with Windows 10. 154137
  4. The Default Windows 10 File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Default Windows 10 File Explorer.: Is there any way of completely changing the default Windows File Explorer to another one? As to set the new File Explorer to the default, so when a folder opens the new File Explorer opens it and not the Build-In one. In my case is I'm using a custom File Explorer and I want...
  5. Windows File Explorer will not resize or minimize

Windows File Explorer will not resize or minimize: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Yammz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkjuse/windows_file_explorer_will_not_resize_or_minimize/
  6. Resizing text in window/file explorer?

Resizing text in window/file explorer?: Hi all, I recently purchased a new laptop and tried to open a file in Netbeans - it opened up the file explorer from where you're supposed to choose the file you want to open - and the text along the top bar of the screen is tiny as well as the text in the pop up explorer?...
  7. Windows Explorer Default File Columns

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer Default File Columns: Is there a way to change the default columns when viewing in Windows Explorer? Every time I create a new folder, especially for audio files, I have to change the configuration of what info I want to see. And sometimes Windows doesn't SAVE that configuration? I have tried...
  8. Cannot Resize Folders in File Explorer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Resize Folders in File Explorer Windows 10: I unfortunately bought a new HP Envy laptop with windows 10 Pro. The size of the folders in File Explorer are nothing like the size they were on my old Windows 10 Home Version laptop. Actually the View Large icons are the same size as the View Extra Large Icons. HP support...
  9. Resizing File Explorer Window

in Windows 10 Support
    Resizing File Explorer Window: When I open File Explorer the window opens maximized and will not let me resize it. The minimize (-) and close (x) buttons work ok but the center button doesn't do anything when picked. I am new to windows 10, my old system was XP. Any help/ideas would be appreciated. 48903
  10. File Explorer cannot resize its window

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer cannot resize its window: Hello, when I open the File Explorer, it opens in full-screen mode. I can minimize it but not resize the window. If I click the top-right corner symbol of two squares, the file explorer window gets smaller but the text in it flashes on and off for a while and then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. File Explorer window keeps resizing to very small