Windows 10: Windows File Explorer

Discus and support Windows File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since Windows 10 Home 1909 was installed I cannot perform searches in Windows File Explorer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RussellHanson4, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Windows File Explorer

Since Windows 10 Home 1909 was installed I cannot perform searches in Windows File Explorer.

:)

RussellHanson4, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Windows File Explorer :p

Frick, Jun 30, 2020
  4. geno368 Win User

Windows File Explorer

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows File Explorer

1. Windows File Explorer - Similar Threads - File Explorer

2. My File Explorer and Excel search functions are not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My File Explorer and Excel search functions are not working.: My File Explorer and Excel search functions are not working after installation of Titus Data classification tool. what could be the reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-file-explorer-and-excel-search-functions-are/785a5c32-aeaf-466a-a1db-b920d88d6b08
  3. Menu bar missing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Menu bar missing in file explorer: i installed skin theme for windows, after i uninstall skin theme , i was found that missing tool bar in file explorer.Help to advise how to replace to old explorer. [ATTACH]...
  4. After Win 10 2004 update File Explorer does not work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After Win 10 2004 update File Explorer does not work: As per the title, File Explorer does not work AT ALL after the most recent update. I've updated Windows on July 8. The same day immediately after the update File Explorer was working very poorly. The search was spotty, and the folder did not show fhe results (with changes to...
  5. Windows File Explorer Too slow than Freeze than have to restart the computer

Windows File Explorer Too slow than Freeze than have to restart the computer: Hi.. Recently I have purchased Dell Vostro 3471 desktop and after setting up my pc and put my data backup in it, I started to have issues in File explorer. Whenever I open the drive or any folder, the green loading bar taking ages.. after that its just freezes, couldn't...
  6. Why does File Explorer hang up when I just want to navigate to a file? - Green indexing...

Why does File Explorer hang up when I just want to navigate to a file? - Green indexing...: In the past week or so, I have had severe problems with File Explorer. When I open file explorer and try to navigate to a folder and file that I want to open, File Explorer starts to show the green index status bar and this locks File Explorer and I am not able to use it....
  7. Trying to find documentation for the address bar in the windows file explorer

Trying to find documentation for the address bar in the windows file explorer: The windows file explorer has a feature that if you type in a program followed by a colon such as spotify: It will launch the app. I am interested in how this colon can pass data to the application since you can tag on a Spotify URI to it...
  8. File Explorer Search Problem

in Cortana
    File Explorer Search Problem: I have a Windows 10 user losing her ability to enter search criteria in a Windows 10 Search box. If logged in as her, and I click in the Search box from any number of places, no typing appears in the box. Also, If I open the Windows Start menu and attempt to type in a...
  9. File Explorer thumbnail spacing issue

File Explorer thumbnail spacing issue: Since I've done a clean install of Windows, files in any folder in Windows Explorer uses too much space at the top and bottom of the file. If it's a 16:9 video for instance, it uses a square box to preview that file instead of a 16:9 box like it was before I did a clean...
  10. Change size of fonts in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Change size of fonts in file explorer: I've red all the tutorials and post that I could find about changing font size in files explorer but I think some settings have changed in newer versions of Win 10. for example it says to do the following to change font size. [img] However as you can see in my version if...