Windows 10: Windows File Explorer

Discus and support Windows File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since Windows 10 Home 1909 was installed I cannot perform searches in Windows File Explorer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RussellHanson4, Jun 30, 2020 at 3:22 PM.

1. Windows File Explorer

Since Windows 10 Home 1909 was installed I cannot perform searches in Windows File Explorer.

:)

RussellHanson4, Jun 30, 2020 at 3:22 PM
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Windows File Explorer :p

4. geno368 Win User

Windows File Explorer

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

Thema:

Windows File Explorer

1. Windows File Explorer - Similar Threads - File Explorer

2. High CPU Windows 10, File explorer unstable and no Index

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU Windows 10, File explorer unstable and no Index: Hi. I have multiple issues on my Windows 10 PC right now. And i Think they are related. I think the main problem is that indexing has stopped working. File explore often takes takes foever to load Wsearch har status Starting under services not running There is a...
  3. Unable to remove deleted location from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to remove deleted location from File Explorer: Hi All, I used to have a software called Kiteworks installed on my machine. The app was terrible and didn't work for me so I uninstalled it. Unfortunately I'm still stuck with the location in file explorer which I can't remove please see screenshot. Any idea how I can get...
  4. Problem with my new install of Windows 10 File Explorer window search

Problem with my new install of Windows 10 File Explorer window search: I reinstalled windows after problems with the latest updates, and am struggling to restore my computer to former usability! The file explorer search seems to be broken: it seems to lack most previous features date modified, file type, etc. and sometimes when I type into...
  5. Computer crashes when I right click on the desktop and in the file explorer

Computer crashes when I right click on the desktop and in the file explorer: This has been bugging me for almost 3 or 4 months now so if anyone could help that would be great. So as said in the title, when I right click on either the desktop or in the file explorer the cursor turns to the blue loading animation for a minute then the entire screen...
  6. Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer: Hey guys, This has been annoying me from quite some time and I can't help but think how the hell such a low number of people have complained about this issue. I followed multiple guides to pinning specific folders to taskbar which involve place "explorer" before the shortcut...
  7. File explorer sorts my folders in documents alphabetically

File explorer sorts my folders in documents alphabetically: but I don't want them to be split into 3 columns of A-H, I-P and Q-Z. I want them to be in one list without being divided up. It isn't necessary in my book anyway!. Thanks for any help....
  8. File Explorer issues

File Explorer issues: Every time I try open a document file explorer has a conniption fit. I've ensured my pc is updated, run checks on cmd prompt, turned off virus protection, etc., and nothing seems to work. I was able to create a local account and file explorer seems to work fine on that one;...
  9. Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer: Hey guys, This has been annoying me from quite some time and I can't help but think how the hell such a low number of people have complained about this issue. I followed multiple guides to pinning specific folders to taskbar which involve place "explorer" before the shortcut...
  10. File Explorer is a complete mess

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer is a complete mess: Running Windows 10 Pro 1909 (not updating to 2004 until I know it's safe). Symptoms: - Right-click to open a second FE window either doesn't work, or takes over a minute to open - FE search bar doesn't register the first few keystrokes entered into the field - FE search...