Windows 10: Windows File Manager extremely slow

Discus and support Windows File Manager extremely slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am experiencing very slow access to my files and folders when I try to open File Manager. I have the File Manager icon in my taskbar and have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pete Donahue, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Windows File Manager extremely slow

I am experiencing very slow access to my files and folders when I try to open File Manager. I have the File Manager icon in my taskbar and have a series of my own folders pinned to this icon. When I click to open a folder, it opens pretty quickly but if I then click on a sub-folder the list of files and folders opens extremely slowly - can take minutes for the thumbnails to be displayed. The green scanning bar seems to always run even when there are only a few small files in a folder and if there are a number of sub folders and files, the scanning bar moves very slowly and keeps scanning for s

:)

Pete Donahue, Jun 18, 2021

2. Windows 10 File Explorer is Extremely Slow to Open Photo Files

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My computer now seems to be running slower. However, it is extremely slow to open photo files compared to when I was running Windows 7. When I click to open a JPEG file / photo file in Windows 10, File
    Explorer goes into a (not responding) message. It will stay in the not resonding mode for at least 30 seconds to a minute. Then the photo will appear and File Explorer will allow for it to be deleted, moved, copied etc. This makes opening and managing photos
    extremely frustrating. I have been searching the internet for a fix. There appear to be a number of suggestions and fixes out there but nothing I have tried has worked. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Retrob3270, Jun 18, 2021
  3. File Explorer Extremely Slow or Not Responsive

I have windows 10 and these issues occur when using file explorer, moving or managing files.

A. File explorer takes minutes to open or won't open when clicked on (this includes using the windows search bar and any icons on the computer).

B. File explorer crashes often or is extremely slow while attempting to rename a file.

C. File explorer crashes often or is extremely slow while Creating/naming a new folder

D. File explorer is in general extremely slow and crashes when moving through various folders.

I hope this is enough information to indicate what is wrong. I really need help with this as my computer is becoming nearly unusable for certain tasks due to these issues.

Any help is appreciated, and if you need any more information please let me know.

Thanks!

Cadler_188, Jun 18, 2021
  4. Windows File Manager extremely slow

Extremely slow pc suddenly windows 8.1

Windows 8.1 suddenly my pc is extremely slow any suggestions please

johnsonconnie, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows File Manager extremely slow

1. Windows File Manager extremely slow - Similar Threads - File Manager extremely

2. File manager extremely slow on Win 11 and Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File manager extremely slow on Win 11 and Win 10: I've a desktop on which I have Win 11 pro 22H2 and my sister has a laptop on which Win 10 was upgraded to the 21H2 version which I don't really know if it's stil Win 10 or 11. The problem is that at a certain point after some hours Windows slows down a lot, you can't even...
  3. File manager extremely slow on Win 11 and Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File manager extremely slow on Win 11 and Win 10: I've a desktop on which I have Win 11 pro 22H2 and my sister has a laptop on which Win 10 was upgraded to the 21H2 version which I don't really know if it's stil Win 10 or 11. The problem is that at a certain point after some hours Windows slows down a lot, you can't even...
  4. Windows File Explorer running extremely slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer running extremely slow: Hi All!I have been having trouble with file explorer over the past 3 months, with it running extremely slow. It will take upwards of 40 seconds to go from one folder to the next. I have tried resetting explorer and indexing my files with no success. I also attempted to stop...
  5. File Explorer Extremely Slow!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Extremely Slow!: Hello, From 13th November, my laptop has become slower in the case of file explorer. I have even attached an image: I think that this might be because of the Update I made that day. It was working just normal on the 12th, I remember. And, there is a video in my Downloads...
  6. File Explorer Extremely Slow!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Extremely Slow!: Hello, From 13th November, my laptop has become slower in the case of file explorer. I have even attached an image: I think that this might be because of the Update I made that day. It was working just normal on the 12th, I remember. And, there is a video in my Downloads...
  7. File Explorer Extremely Slow!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Sorting in Task manager is extremely slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sorting in Task manager is extremely slow.: Task manager sorting is extremely slow when I switch from sorting by name to performance metrics or vice versa. For example - I can sort by name and if after that I decide to sort by one of the performance metrics - it's going to take about 3 seconds to do so. After that - I...
  9. Extremely slow Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extremely slow Windows: For some reason my Windows 10 Acer laptop has become extremely slow during the last week or so. I have run the PERFMON /REPORT and see there is a problem which I don't understand and would appreciate help with. Here is a screen print of the report :[ATTACH]...
  10. File Explorer Extremely slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer Extremely slow: My company has been having issues with file explorer one being loading file explorer is extremely slow. There are other programs having issues now but I feel are not important. To test if this was caused by user error I create a fresh install on a computer suffering from the...