Windows 10: Windows File Recovery not working "Pass 1: Scanning and processing disk" "Scanning disk: 00% "

Discus and support Windows File Recovery not working "Pass 1: Scanning and processing disk" "Scanning disk: 00% " in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to recover some .jpg files from a micoSD that randomly disappeared while I was transferring them to a folder on the same card.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by crassoutcast, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Windows File Recovery not working "Pass 1: Scanning and processing disk" "Scanning disk: 00% "

Hello,

I am trying to recover some .jpg files from a micoSD that randomly disappeared while I was transferring them to a folder on the same card.

When I run Windows File Recovery on the volume or on a folder on the volume it finds returns a Sector Count of "0x0000000000000000" and under "Pass 1: Scanning and processing disk" it says "Scanning disk: 00%" and then just returns to the command prompt see below.

It creates a destination folder but it's empty.

What does this mean?

If it didn't work after scanning 100% I'd resign myself to the loss but 00% seems unsatisfactory and I can't find any mention of this on the web. So:

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

"

C:\WINDOWS\system32>winfr F: C: /extensive /n \DCIM\*.jpg

Windows File Recovery

Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved

Version: 0.1.20151.0

----------------------------------------------------------

Source drive: F:

Destination folder: C:\Recovery_20210219_235233

Filter: DCIM\*.JPG

Extension filter: *

Sector count: 0x0000000000000000

Cluster size: 0x00000000

Sector size: 0x00000200

Overwrite: Prompt

Mode: Extensive

Continue? y/n

Pass 1: Scanning and processing disk

Scanning disk: 00%

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

"

And...

"

C:\WINDOWS\system32>winfr F: C: /extensive /n \*.jpg

Windows File Recovery

Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved

Version: 0.1.20151.0

----------------------------------------------------------

Source drive: F:

Destination folder: C:\Recovery_20210219_235307

Filter: *.JPG

Extension filter: *

Sector count: 0x0000000000000000

Cluster size: 0x00000000

Sector size: 0x00000200

Overwrite: Prompt

Mode: Extensive

Continue? y/n

Pass 1: Scanning and processing disk

Scanning disk: 00%

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

"

:)

crassoutcast, Feb 19, 2021
  2. Pinchy Win User

XP disk versus Laptop Recovery Disk?

Recovery disks are just OEM copies of XP disks. Ie, they can have things such as the companys logo within the files.

If you got a normal XP disk you cant use it. The only way your dads copy of XP will activate is if your normal XP copy is OEM, unless you use the recovery disk.

I always use the recovery disks. Works just like a normal copy *Smile Windows File Recovery not working "Pass 1: Scanning and processing disk" "Scanning disk:  00% " :). Plus with the recovery disks you dont need the serial key as I *think* its embedded into the files on the disk. Just need to activate windows once on the net *Wink Windows File Recovery not working "Pass 1: Scanning and processing disk" "Scanning disk:  00% " ;).

Pinchy, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Ardier Win User
    100% Disk Usage on my SSD while doing low-intensive work.

Checking file system on C:
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Volume label is Solid State.

A disk check has been scheduled.
    Windows will now check the disk.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    263680 file records processed. File verification completed.
    34572 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed.
    Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    342468 index entries processed. Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.
    Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Cleaning up 2017 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
    Cleaning up 2017 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
    Cleaning up 2017 unused security descriptors.
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    39395 data files processed. CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    41083392 USN bytes processed. Usn Journal verification completed.

Stage 4: Looking for bad clusters in user file data ...
    263664 files processed. File data verification completed.

Stage 5: Looking for bad, free clusters ...
    19238187 free clusters processed. Free space verification is complete.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.

116757503 KB total disk space.
    39287956 KB in 158868 files.
    128060 KB in 39396 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    388735 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    76952752 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    29189375 total allocation units on disk.
    19238188 allocation units available on disk.

Internal Info:
    00 06 04 00 41 06 03 00 20 38 05 00 00 00 00 00 ....A... 8......
    49 76 00 00 3c 6b 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 Iv..<k..........

Windows has finished checking your disk.
    Please wait while your computer restarts.

Here's the results from the chkdsk.exe. from what I can see there isn't a problem, just cleaned a few files.

Ardier, Feb 19, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows File Recovery not working "Pass 1: Scanning and processing disk" "Scanning disk: 00% "

Files in disk cleanup

Hi Lynne

Rest assured, it is totally safe to delete everything suggested by the Disk Cleanup Process, please tun the Disk Cleanup twice as explained below, please remember to untick your Downloads folder if you actually store files in that folder . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows File Recovery not working "Pass 1: Scanning and processing disk" "Scanning disk: 00% "

1. Windows File Recovery not working "Pass 1: Scanning and processing disk" "Scanning disk: 00% " - Similar Threads - File Recovery working

2. automatic scan disk on restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatic scan disk on restart: Automatic scan disk at every restart during recovery session and in normal use. If not stopped within 10 seconds a two hour scan disk follows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-scan-disk-on-restart/86c62c21-2e48-4ec7-bc1c-d8ade8e38387
  3. automatic scan disk on restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    automatic scan disk on restart: Automatic scan disk at every restart during recovery session and in normal use. If not stopped within 10 seconds a two hour scan disk follows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-scan-disk-on-restart/86c62c21-2e48-4ec7-bc1c-d8ade8e38387
  4. scan a disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scan a disk: i have windows 10, im trying how to run a microSD disk. can someone tell me how to run it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-a-disk/eba95761-c232-46b3-addf-c199a3f690af
  5. Scan Disk

Scan Disk: Lately, every time I use the USB disk on my laptop, I get a notice saying there are problems with my USB. I must "Scan disk H". However, I have searched in vain on my laptop I have Windows 10 but get no indication of how I go about scanning my disk and fixing it. Can you tell...
  6. okay to eject scan disk not working

okay to eject scan disk not working: Windows 10 just installed updates yesterday. Today when put in scan disk, hit the eject key and now not getting notification that it is safe to remove the scandisk in USB port. Any suggestions? The settings under notifications are all correct. Just after their recent...
  7. Scan Disk Not Being Read

Scan Disk Not Being Read: My scan disk is not being recognized when I inset the card into my laptop. Do I need a driver downloaded for it to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-disk-not-being-read/d4c263f7-c36b-49a0-a188-cb7b669ee48f
  8. Word/Scan disK

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word/Scan disK: Hi! Can anyone tell me where I can see where a dialogue is? I am not the greatest IT person and I have recently purchased a new HP computer. Use to Mac. I have been trying to see stuff I saved onto my USB drive from the MAC. However, the support page keeps popping up and...
  9. Scan Disk D: drive

Scan Disk D: drive: When trying to format scan disk on my laptop, message appears, D: drive not valid drive. What is going on and how can I fix this? The scan disk is a read/write disk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-disk-d-drive/921a6cdb-488a-47b1-bcc4-3dd96b148227
  10. Looking for files/directories that Disk Cleanup scans...

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking for files/directories that Disk Cleanup scans...: I've been tracking down the locations of files scanned by the built-in Disk Cleanup tool, but I can't seem to find the following: Setup Log Files Windows Update Cleanup files Windows upgrade log files System created Windows Error Reporting Files Windows Defender Antivirus...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. windows file recovery /extensive stuck at 00%

3. winfr extensive taking forever