Windows 10: Windows File Recovery

Discus and support Windows File Recovery in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used winfr to recover deleted files. It found a lot of files, docx, pptx, mp4, etc. and "recovered" them, but when I try opening a file, I get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LB3815, Jun 15, 2021.

1. LB3815 Win User

Windows File Recovery

I used winfr to recover deleted files. It found a lot of files, docx, pptx, mp4, etc. and "recovered" them, but when I try opening a file, I get a message that says for example: "PowerPoint can't open this file because its file extension has changed. Make sure the format of the file matches the file extension". It matches but cannot open the file. This is the situation with all file types. What is the problem and how can I resolve it? Thank you.

:)

LB3815, Jun 15, 2021
  2. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Jun 15, 2021
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jun 15, 2021
  4. slim142 Win User

Windows File Recovery

Data Recovery for Mac (OSX Capitan) ?

Anybody knows of a good data recovery software for mac? Preferably free?

I use Active@ Data Recovery for Windows, but honestly no idea what to use for Mac OSX.

Any suggestions?

slim142, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows File Recovery

1. Windows File Recovery - Similar Threads - File Recovery

2. Reflect Backup Files / Sets not Shown in Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reflect Backup Files / Sets not Shown in Recovery Environment: I booted to the Macrium Recovery Environment for Reflect v8 for my PC which has a system drive C and another drive D for Reflect backups. I can browse to find the backup files on drive D in the recovery environment. However, when I add the path D:\Reflect Backups no backup...
  3. Windows cant install update because system recovery file is on another drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cant install update because system recovery file is on another drive.: Recently I cloned my system drive to a new SSD and everything worked fine. But none of the new updates are installing in my OS. I think this is because I don't have any recovery drive in my SSD but there's a recovery drive in my old HDD.is there any way I can fix this without...
  4. File recovery on SSDs.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File recovery on SSDs.: I'm setting up a new desktop that has 2 SSD drives and was wondering if I should install my file recovery programs. My question is, if a file gets deleted and not sent to the Recycle Bin on a SSD is the file still there like on a HDD or is it permanently deleted? 179675
  5. Windows File Recovery

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows File Recovery: Yesterday I downloaded the app Windows File Recovery, and used it maybe 10-12 times without a problem. This morning I also used it a number of times. In my last use, the recovery process stalled for awhile. Since nothing was happening, I closed the app. The next time I went...
  6. Errors while using Window file recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Errors while using Window file recovery: i have been trying to use file window file recovery software, but everytime i enter command it shows either of two errors- 1. Failed to create destination folder or 2. There was an error parsing your command.Please helpme to recover my files. I accidentally deleted few...
  7. Notepad file recovery

Notepad file recovery: Hi,About 3 weeks ago I took notes in the notepad app and yesterday when I was looking for the file, I could not find it. I don't know whether I didn't save it, or saved it over another file, or if I saved it and it got overridden. I have searched in the Temp file as well as...
  8. Log file: G:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\system32\logfiles\ srt\srttrail.txt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Log file: G:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\system32\logfiles\ srt\srttrail.txt: Can someone help with Log file: G:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-file/74d17c09-ea80-48e4-ab10-346bfaf8171c
  9. "Recovery without losing files" turns my computer 100% safe?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Recovery without losing files" turns my computer 100% safe?: Hi fellas; Unfortunately I installed some kind of virus on my computer capable of transmitting my passwords and data(even while in locked screen). This caused me to lose a Facebook page with 150k followers. As a quick fix I decided to do this formatting suggested on the blue...
  10. Open .vhdx file after recovery from Onedrive

Open .vhdx file after recovery from Onedrive: once I was deleted all files from my one drive through cell phone, and also clear the recycle bin. after sometimes, I needed the deleted files but there was no way to recover the. So by using a data recovery software I have recovered C Drive of may laptop and explored the...