Windows 10: Windows file system corrupt

Discus and support Windows file system corrupt in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Apparently my windows file system is corrupt after performing an SFC /Scannow on my surface pro 3. I decided to go through with a full reset using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Titan, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Titan Win User

Windows file system corrupt

Apparently my windows file system is corrupt after performing an SFC /Scannow on my surface pro 3. I decided to go through with a full reset using the windows usb stick i received through Microsoft and for some reason its not fixing my issue.

Attached is the CBS log file. anyone help me out in fixing this please? running win 10 pro 64.

cbs.zip

:)

Titan, Jul 23, 2016

2. Corrupt system files

We appreciate your response and the screenshot provided. The corrupted system files that have found by the System File Checker tool must be replace with a known good copy of the file. First, you need to view the details in the CBS.Log file. You may refer
    to this article to learn how to do so. Follow the steps under "How
    to view details of the System File Checker process
    ". Once done, proceed to "How to manually replace a corrupted system file with a known good copy of the file". Check if the issue persists after completing the process.

Note: Make sure to check and replace the corrupted file/s on the CBS.Log. We'll appreciate it more if you provide us the screenshot/s of the result.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Jul 23, 2016
  3. Corrupted file system

Dick

Please provide more information so that the cause of your problem may be diagnosed.

Please restart your computer and allow 20 minutes for the system to run before uploading information required to help me investigate your problem. When examining Event Viewer log files many, not all, problems show in
    the period immediately after the computer has been booted.

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32
    and click OK . Place the cursor on
    System Summary. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Click Save.
    Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file.
    The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two
    for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. Reports in normal mode preferred. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode. If the report is in a
    language other than English, please state the language.

Please upload to your One Drive and share with everyone a copy of your
    System log file from your Event Viewer and post a link here. Please remove any earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type
    eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and
    Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do
    not provide filtered files. Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do
    not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, Jul 23, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Titan,

The corrupted file is opencl.dll, a known issue.

What you could try is following:
    Download this tool, information about this tool *Arrow Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums,
    Download setup media,
    Mount the setup media,
    Run the tool as administrator (important else it won't work properly), choose OPTION THREE, choose either of the next options and let it run.
    When it is finished run sfc /scannow again.

5. Titan Win User
    Thanks axe0!! I'll try it and report back.

Titan, Jul 25, 2016
  6. Titan Win User
    This fixed the problem! thanks for the help!!!

Titan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows file system corrupt - Similar Threads - file system corrupt

2. Corrupted system files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted system files: Hello, i have recently fallen into a problem with my windows 10 operating system. It all started when i wanted to factory reset my windows, because i had problems with windows updates, it always reverted the changes. I started the factory reset process, but that didnt work...
  3. System file corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System file corrupted: how to reinstall WINNET.dll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-file-corrupted/3798dd57-3e78-48ba-8977-7fa973e634e2
  4. System corrupted files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System corrupted files: can anyone help me my pc keep showing this error message "The application was unable to start corrrectly 0x c00000050" i tried using sfc and dism but the corrupted file cant fix by those two...
  5. System Files Corrupt

System Files Corrupt: at very first it was a power cut during which no file writing task was happening and after that windows boot into automatic recovery and then into something what looked similar to CHKDSK /f note :i recently tried a unsuccessful*1,look at bottom install of MYSQL 5.1.33which...
  6. Corrupt system files

Corrupt system files: How do i fix offline corrupted files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupt-system-files/8c02b92f-706b-4dbb-aed9-335c1198172e
  7. Corrupted System Files

Corrupted System Files: Windows version: 1909 10.0.18363.836 System language is Czech, applications' language is English US Story: Got a transient error notification message while gaming, it asked me if I want to fix it, I had clicked yes, closed every running program and waited for some time....
  8. Corrupt system files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupt system files: I ran sfc \scannow and it found corrupt system files but could not repair all of them. How can I get the other corrupt files repaired. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupt-system-files/db466317-c856-4ed5-af3b-e423e81e98da"
  9. Corrupted system files????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupted system files????: I use windows 10 on hp laptop and yesterday when I went to shut it down it said it was updating. When I turned it on today, it started the setup with cortana assist where you put in your country and keyboard information.... It has the option 'or even better, use an online...
  10. Corrupted System Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted System Files: Hi Microsoft, how can I fix corrupted system files? please help. seems like the commands I got didn't work out tho[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-system-files/70851cc4-93f2-4517-b107-6c6552d5c9cc"