Windows 10: Windows file system query

Discus and support Windows file system query in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there mounting one external NTFS formatted USB HDD on to a Linux Network File server system I got the following message : [root@gudmundur jim]#... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Oct 27, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Windows file system query

Hi there
    mounting one external NTFS formatted USB HDD on to a Linux Network File server system I got the following message :

[root@gudmundur jim]# mount /dev/sdb2 -t auto -o rw /mnt/DV0
    The disk contains an unclean file system (0, 0).
    The file system wasn't safely closed on Windows. Fixing.
    [root@gudmundur jim]#

If I re-connect the HDD back to a Windows machine is there anything specific I need to do to permanaently fix the HDD as the message re-appears again if I re-connect to the Linux machine.

None of the files appear broken and I can't see any physical HDD errors in the log (Linux) so is there a Windows utility I can run to properly close / clean up any files on the disk.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 27, 2017

2. Can i use the same external hard drive imge backup On the same pc multiple times

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to answer your query.

By default, a system image includes the drives required for Windows to run. It also includes Windows and your system settings, programs, and files. The system image is then stored in a separate location from the original programs, settings, and files. In
    response to your query, yes, can use this image to restore the contents of your computer multiple times if your hard disk or entire computer ever stops working.

When you restore your computer from a system image, it's a complete restoration—you can't choose individual items to restore, and all of your current programs, system settings, and files are replaced with the contents of the system image.

Although this type of backup includes your personal files, we recommend that you back up your files regularly using Windows Backup so that you can restore individual files and folders as needed.

Hope this answers your query.

If you have any Windows related queries in the future, let us know. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 27, 2017
  3. Problem in windows 10

Hi Mary,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Glad to know that, you are able to get back defragment and other features after performing
    System File Checker scan.

As per your query, I would like to inform you that; you no need to worry because
    System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

For any query related to Windows Operating System, feel free to post on Microsoft Community.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 27, 2017
Thema:

Windows file system query

1. Windows file system query - Similar Threads - file system query

2. Queries about file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Queries about file explorer: What does this folder mean?What is the impact of this folder?If I delete all this files, any problem occurred???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/queries-about-file-explorer/ecdeb25d-91b8-4652-a936-0749ab6e9c95
  3. Queries about file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Queries about file explorer: How to show the file size in MB?Why folder total size doesn't show heremark?Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎Sep-‎22 OS build 22621.674 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM...
  4. Queries about file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Queries about file explorer: How to show the file size in MB?Why folder total size doesn't show heremark?Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎Sep-‎22 OS build 22621.674 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM...
  5. Windows Error Report file query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Error Report file query: I am suddenly receiving a WER every time I close computer. Can anyone tell me how to correct whatever error it has identified please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-error-report-file-query/bfe2f28b-f582-429d-8648-cf8a6dc62bc6
  6. Windows Error Report file query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Error Report file query: I am suddenly receiving a WER every time I close computer. Can anyone tell me how to correct whatever error it has identified please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-error-report-file-query/bfe2f28b-f582-429d-8648-cf8a6dc62bc6
  7. File explorer query

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer query: I have an issue on my Win10 Machine. Whenever I try to create a new folder on my desktop it's automatically named New folder(2) ; Which means that there is already a folder with that name. I have done multiple searches on my desktop through file explorer with all the hidden...
  8. File Manager query

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Manager query: I have an issue on my Win10 Machine. Whenever I try to create a new folder on my desktop it's automatically named New folder(2) ; Which means that there is already a folder with that name. I have done multiple searches on my desktop through file explorer with all the hidden...
  9. Page File Query

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Page File Query: I only have 4 gigs memory. Dell says I can only upgrade to 6 gigs but Crucial says 2 banks of 4 gigs is okay. MS recommends my page file to be set at 1394 megs. I've read that 2 x memory total is a number to shoot at. That would be around 8 gig page file. Space is not a...
  10. file encryption query

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    file encryption query: ive never bothered with file encryption before. but iam strongly considering it.. the question is, when you encrypt a file or folder, can you still download a program or images into it?*Shock 94501