Windows 10: Windows files appearing in the wrong places.

Discus and support Windows files appearing in the wrong places. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a set of files (I'm not 100% sure what they are, I'm just assuming they are Windows related.) that are appearing on my storage SSD. My windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JustKid, Sep 6, 2019.

1. JustKid Win User

Windows files appearing in the wrong places.

I have a set of files (I'm not 100% sure what they are, I'm just assuming they are Windows related.) that are appearing on my storage SSD. My windows is installed on my 970 pro M.2, but these files keep appearing on my 850 evo for some reason. The 850 was in a previous build(it was not the Windows drive), but it was formatted before being moved to this new setup. I've tried moving them over to the drive that has Windows on it, but they just repopulate themselves on the 850.
    If these are Windows files, why are they appearing here and how can I get them in the proper place? If they aren't Windows files, any ideas as to what they are and should I be concerned?

https://i.imgur.com/FB35Tqy.jpg

:)

JustKid, Sep 6, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

File Explorer in wrong place

Hi Colin5XB,

It is possible that you see the File Explorer icon when you click Windows icon because under
    Choose which folders appear on Start File Explorer option is enabled.
    To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact error message you received?

Meanwhile, if you're seeing this photo below:

Windows files appearing in the wrong places. 470284fc-9787-4aa4-b6cf-2c7942811880?upload=true.png

You can remove the File Explorer by following these steps below on how to disable it:

• Open Settings then select Personalization.
    • Choose Start then click Choose which folders appear on Start.
    • Toggle off File Explorer. Check the screenshot:

Windows files appearing in the wrong places. 23bc3af0-c1bc-4fcf-9b8d-e20975e74e84?upload=true.png

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 6, 2019
  3. pepanee Win User
    can't delete files in the wrong place

"Recycle Bin" & "System Volume Information" are System Folders; in Windows 10, even if you manage to delete those folders, they will come back, no matter what. You can enable the option to Hide system files if they bother you, yet it's better not to enable that option, so you are aware of every single file that's listed in your computer.

I have removable drives connected to my computer, and they all have these two folders in there. Back in Windows XP, those could be deleted and never seen, yet that is no longer the case apparently. I've gotten used to them, took me a while to get used to them, but I made my peace with those two little annoyances. Windows files appearing in the wrong places. :)

Check out the highlighted (in blue) items in the two pictures below.

Windows files appearing in the wrong places. [​IMG]

Windows files appearing in the wrong places. [​IMG]

pepanee, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Windows files appearing in the wrong places.

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows files appearing in the wrong places.

1. Windows files appearing in the wrong places. - Similar Threads - files appearing wrong

2. dlls placed in wrong folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dlls placed in wrong folder: i was opening an app when i got 0xc00000007b so i so i looked on yotube and found like dlls in a downloads and i put these dlls in system 32 and syswow64 and then i tried to open epic games and i get this error...
  3. dlls placed in wrong folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dlls placed in wrong folder: i was opening an app when i got 0xc00000007b so i so i looked on yotube and found like dlls in a downloads and i put these dlls in system 32 and syswow64 and then i tried to open epic games and i get this error...
  4. dlls placed in wrong folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. File names not appearing and/or are slightly out of place.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File names not appearing and/or are slightly out of place.: I opened my file explorer today and it looked like this, no names, and ones which had file names had it slightly out of place. How can I fix this? [ATTACH]...
  6. Files appear on desktop when moved to a different place

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files appear on desktop when moved to a different place: After moving files from desktop to a different place, for example deleting them or moving them to a folder, after some time they appear back on my desktop. When I try to delete them an error message shows up saying that the item is no longer located "desktop" and I have to...
  7. File explorer search is looking in the wrong place

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer search is looking in the wrong place: When I download a file to my Windows 10 (Version 1903) PC it saves it in C:/Users/username/downloads which is as it should. But when I try to search for something in a file explorer window it isn't linking to files in the C drive downloads folder, instead it is linking to...
  8. AppData is being written to the wrong place

in Windows 10 Support
    AppData is being written to the wrong place: I recently had my Windows 7 desktop PC upgraded to Windows 10 by a local computer shop. I had them do it because they had built the machine and were familiar with the hardware. They recommended doing a clean install of Windows 10, so when I got the machine back it was...
  9. can't delete files in the wrong place

in Windows 10 Support
    can't delete files in the wrong place: two files have appeared inside my lifelock program and i can't delete them. other ways to delete than using the delete button? ETA: sorry. the program is folderlock. 68303
  10. Start menu shortcuts appearing in wrong place after renaming them

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu shortcuts appearing in wrong place after renaming them: Here's what happened: - 1. I installed a program called "Acoustica CD Label Maker" and a shortcut with the same name appeared in the "A" section of the start menu, as expected. 2. I renamed the shortcut to "CD Label Maker" and it moved to the "C" section, again, as...