Windows 10: Windows Files are Corrupt and Wont Let Me Reset Everything

Discus and support Windows Files are Corrupt and Wont Let Me Reset Everything in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I have been in an issue lately where random files left and right were having huge issues and sometimes basic actions is confronted with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IanSloey, Mar 11, 2021.

1. IanSloey Win User

Windows Files are Corrupt and Wont Let Me Reset Everything

Hello all,

I have been in an issue lately where random files left and right were having huge issues and sometimes basic actions is confronted with an error that would still occur even after troubleshooting. What I decided would be the best is just a full restart to have a clean slate once again. However, even that can't happen because something is also messed up. I get the notification that something goes wrong ~3% into the resetting process, so I use the commands to troubleshoot. It gives me this:

Windows Files are Corrupt and Wont Let Me Reset Everything [​IMG]

I am not a tech person, so I have no idea on how to fix this. Is there some way to fix this issue, or is there an easier way to factory reset everything? I really need help.

Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

Ian S

:)

IanSloey, Mar 11, 2021

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Mar 11, 2021
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Chewy Win User

Windows corrupt file Windows Files are Corrupt and Wont Let Me Reset Everything :p

humm k, this thing is poping up on my taskbar.

!(yellow triangle around it) Windows - Corrupt File

The file or directory C:\windows\system32\msvcrt.dll is corrupt or unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility.

Well I ran the chkdsk in my windows 32 folder and the problem remains*Stick Out Tongue Windows Files are Corrupt and Wont Let Me Reset Everything :p.

Any help when someone has the spare time, is greatly apriciated.

Chewy, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Files are Corrupt and Wont Let Me Reset Everything - Similar Threads - Files are Corrupt

2. Reset wont let me reset on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset wont let me reset on my computer.: I have a problem when I try to reset my computer I get a message saying '' This Pc Couldn't Reset No Changes Where Made'' I tried the '' sfc /scannow'' it says no harmful files were found. but it stresses me out! and when I try to reset my HP ProBook X360 11 G2 EE From Bios...
  3. Reset wont let me reset on my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset wont let me reset on my computer.: I have a problem when I try to reset my computer I get a message saying '' This Pc Couldn't Reset No Changes Where Made'' I tried the '' sfc /scannow'' it says no harmful files were found. but it stresses me out! and when I try to reset my HP ProBook X360 11 G2 EE From Bios...
  4. Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...: I've forgotten the PIN to my laptop, when I click the 'i forgot my pin' button it loads for a second then does nothing, theres no option to sign in with password, there no option to sign in with a different account, when i type in a random PIN it says to sign in with an...
  5. Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...: I've forgotten the PIN to my laptop, when I click the 'i forgot my pin' button it loads for a second then does nothing, theres no option to sign in with password, there no option to sign in with a different account, when i type in a random PIN it says to sign in with an...
  6. Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Virus deleted everything and wont let me reset or go into windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus deleted everything and wont let me reset or go into windows 10: I downloaded a .exe and ran it and it almost instantly deleted everything off my desktop and put me in my boot up screen saying repairing... or something like that and diagnosing and I cant go into windows 10, reset my computer or restart from system recovery. I also checked...
  8. it wont let me reset my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    it wont let me reset my pc: im kinda new to this pc thing but recently i got a virus when i installed this app and now people are telling me to reset my computer but now its saying insert your windows installation or recovery media....
  9. i wont let me reset my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i wont let me reset my pc: im kinda new to this pc thing but recently i got a virus when i installed this app and now people are telling me to reset my computer but now its saying insert your windows installation or recovery media....
  10. Reset pc, wont let me log in as administrator.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset pc, wont let me log in as administrator.: Hello, My computer had a lot of junk on it and it was clogging up hard drive space. This made me decide to reset it as if it was new again.this has all gone fine until the last part. Its all done and when its about to go into the home screen to log me in for the first...