Windows 10: Windows Files erased after System restore.

Discus and support Windows Files erased after System restore. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I recently updated my windows to the latest insider preview build. I was supposed to update to the next release by 12 th December. But the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AvinashNair1, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Windows Files erased after System restore.

Hi.

I recently updated my windows to the latest insider preview build. I was supposed to update to the next release by 12 th December. But the updates failed to install and my windows is due to expire 14th December. I asked the technical support and received support from 2 technicians of windows on 2 sperare occasion but it didn't resolve the issue So i ran the system restore and that failed after 90% and an error message was displayed saying some file was missing and when i treied booting again it failed and gave the same error. How do i get it to boot?

:)

AvinashNair1, Dec 15, 2018

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    System Restore - System restore failed to extract the file ...... (0x8007005) error

Hi Loucille,

One of the possible reasons why the error code 0x8007005 occurs when performing system restore is due to corrupted system files that caused software conflicts. Since you have tried several steps to resolve the issue, we recommend that you
    perform a System Restore in safe mode. To boot your device in
    safe mode kindly click on this link. This will start Windows in a basic state, using a limited
    set of files and drivers.

Once done, we suggest that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. System Restore will be able to revert your PC or laptop to their previous state, which can be used to repair and recover system malfunctions or issues. Restoring won’t affect
    your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

If in case that the issue persists, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool. This will be able
    to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore it. We also suggest that you run the DISM command to repair the Windows image on your system. Follow the steps provided
    on this link for the complete guide on how to use
    the tool.

Please post back with the result.

Clark Ari, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Windows Files erased after System restore.

Windows program to secure erase files only

I tried doing a search and only found optimal ways to fully erase a disc. Since there are a ton of programs I thought it best to just ask for a current recommendation. I would like to erase a few folders only on a W7 machine and do not need a full time paid program.

Thank you for any suggestions.

nomdeplume, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows Files erased after System restore.

1. Windows Files erased after System restore. - Similar Threads - Files erased System

2. Issues Opening Files After System Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues Opening Files After System Restore: After doing a system restore, I would try to open files, such as a text document, and receive the "Windows cannot find ***.txt. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again". I restarted the PC which didn't fix the problem. I then opened notepad itself, closed...
  3. Issues Opening Files After System Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues Opening Files After System Restore: After doing a system restore, I would try to open files, such as a text document, and receive the "Windows cannot find ***.txt. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again". I restarted the PC which didn't fix the problem. I then opened notepad itself, closed...
  4. restore and erase computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore and erase computer: How do I restore a Dell laptop to its original configuration and erase all data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-and-erase-computer/1bcf9599-d441-4f31-8118-5b0f7823d05c
  5. restore and erase computer

restore and erase computer: How do I restore a Dell laptop to its original configuration and erase all data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-and-erase-computer/1bcf9599-d441-4f31-8118-5b0f7823d05c
  6. Lost my files after system restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost my files after system restore: I recently had a problem with Windows where everything I had previously files, apps and more disappeared so I searched online and was suggested to restore my system using 'System Restore'. I did so and I got most of my stuff back except I can't find anything in my images...
  7. Lost my files after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my files after system restore: I recently had a problem with Windows where everything I had previously files, apps and more disappeared so I searched online and was suggested to restore my system using 'System Restore'. I did so and I got most of my stuff back except I can't find anything in my images...
  8. Lost my files after system restore

9. Restore Points Erased

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Points Erased: hi I have system restore enabled and even made several restore points over last couple of weeks. But when I go into restore it says i have no restore points. Pls help. I use Windows `10 but do not use Windows backup as I use Toolkit gate to continuously backup my computer....
  10. File System restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File System restore: Have new PC. Made mistake of syncing with old PC. This really messed up my file system by importing the old PC file system to new PC. Now I can't find anything in my file system structure. What should I do?F...