Windows 10: Windows files explorer crashing and restarting in chain every 5 seconds

Discus and support Windows files explorer crashing and restarting in chain every 5 seconds in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello guys, Since this morning my PC HP Laptop ; Windows 10 Pro ; 64 Bits ; build 1903 - 18362.1082 get a bug where my Windows Files Explorer stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NoelMAURY, Sep 29, 2020.

1. NoelMAURY Win User

Windows files explorer crashing and restarting in chain every 5 seconds

Hello guys,

Since this morning my PC HP Laptop ; Windows 10 Pro ; 64 Bits ; build 1903 - 18362.1082 get a bug where my Windows Files Explorer stop working and then restart everytime by itself. I have check a little bit the task manager and there is the result :

Windows files explorer crashing and restarting in chain every 5 seconds ba573e46-f3e3-4c26-9c2f-c050fb2f95ef?upload=true.jpg

This screenshot is made when nothing is running in the background. The big spike of CPU usage are when I suddently lose everything related to Windows Files Explorer. I have also checked directly on the task manager first windows and it's clearly Windows Explorer who reach 70/80% CPU usage for a really short time before it crash and automatically restart.

In the Windows logs I got this ; who repeat itself every 5s that's match every crash :

Nom du journal :Application
    Source : Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon
    Date : 29/09/2020 19:24:44
    ID de l’événement :1002
    Catégorie de la tâche :Aucun
    Niveau : Information
    Mots clés : Classique
    Utilisateur : N/A
    Ordinateur : PC-44KMW.DYNR2017.local
    Description :
    L’environnement s’est arrêté de façon inattendue et explorer.exe a redémarré.
    XML de l’événement :
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon" Guid="{DBE9B383-7CF3-4331-91CC-A3CB16A3B538}" EventSourceName="Winlogon" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="16384">1002</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-09-29T23:24:44.188565700Z" />
    <EventRecordID>47848</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>PC-44KMW.DYNR2017.local</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>explorer.exe</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

I have checked other Windows logs ; the system one for exemple but nothing is logged who can be related to those crash.

Before opening this topic : I have tried multiples things by looking at similar issue found on the internet but so far : nothing has worked..

It's weird because yesterday, before i was going to sleep, everything was fine but this morning it's like this no matter what I try. And no windows update were installed during the night or anything else

Any proposition that can be helpfull to fix this will be greatly appriciated ; because I cannot obliterate this Windows and re-install it for now so i'm kind of stuck.... Thanks in advance for the help,

:)

NoelMAURY, Sep 29, 2020
  2. Harvy Win User

Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Nick89 Win User

Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

So I downloaded project reality a mob for BF2 I used uTorrent to download the file and it check to make sure it wasnt corrupt.

Everytime I try to do anything with the file windows explorer hangs and I have to restart it.

This is the same for the old version of project reality. I cannot delete it.

I have never had this happen.

The files in question are 1.8 GB

Nick89, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows files explorer crashing and restarting in chain every 5 seconds - Similar Threads - files explorer crashing

2. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting: Hi, I'm so desperate, I tried so many fixes and can't get it fixed. So I send my PC either to sleep mode with a couple of Chrome Tabs or I just left it running. When I returned a couple of hours later the task bar and all the icons on the desktop kept flickering Explorer...
  3. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting: Hi, I'm so desperate, I tried so many fixes and can't get it fixed. So I send my PC either to sleep mode with a couple of Chrome Tabs or I just left it running. When I returned a couple of hours later the task bar and all the icons on the desktop kept flickering Explorer...
  4. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Explorer Application Error - Windows Explorer Crashes and Restarts Every 5 Seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Explorer Application Error - Windows Explorer Crashes and Restarts Every 5 Seconds: I made several software updates that required a reboot. After reboot, Windows Explorer began recycling crashing and restarting approx. every 5 seconds. The visible systems included taskbar not being populated with the expected icons, the taskbar and desktop including icons...
  6. Windows Explorer restarts every 10 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer restarts every 10 seconds: Been having an issue where every couple weeks and on several reimaged laptops. Every 10 seconds or so, my cursor has the blue spinning wheel for a second and then my windows taskbar disappears and then reappears. Any file explorers I have open will automatically close. After...
  7. File transfers stop every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File transfers stop every 5 seconds: When I copy a file from my PC (typically the source is a 970 Pro 1TB), to an internal disk on my file server over my 10Gbit network it starts at 1.1GB/s then drops to zero, where it stays for 20-30 seconds, then goes back up to 1.10GB/s for 2-3 seconds, then drops to 0 again....
  8. Restarting every 5 Seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarting every 5 Seconds: Hey first of all sorry for my bad English it’s not my main language. I have a Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming notebook. My Laptop made today a Update and during the Update he restarted and 5 seconds later he turned off he repeated this for a hour. Then I decided to press F2...
  9. Explorer keeps restarting every 3-5 seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer keeps restarting every 3-5 seconds: My girlfriend's laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 330S) keeps continuously refreshing Explorer, roughly every 3-5 seconds. Does anyone know of a solution for this? submitted by /u/Sulzer685 [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows Explorer crashing every 2 seconds!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer crashing every 2 seconds!: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1803 build 17134.345 currently unable to operate my computer since this morning! Windows Explorer keeps on crashing every 2 seconds, I killed the process explorer.exe (by opening an elevated command prompt via Task Manager) and ran DISM /Online...