Windows 10: Windows files get corrupted every few weeks

Discus and support Windows files get corrupted every few weeks in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had bought a Dell laptop that came pre installed with Windows 10 Home and MS Office Student edition. Off late it has started to become a real pain in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thatlankyfellow, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Windows files get corrupted every few weeks

I had bought a Dell laptop that came pre installed with Windows 10 Home and MS Office Student edition. Off late it has started to become a real pain in the ass. Somehow files get corrupted and i have to reinstall windows to fix the issue and then a few weeks later, same issue resurfaces. I have no clue why this is happening, i’m not downloading anything shady, updating regularly and yet there seems to be this issue. I reinstall windows, the problem resolves and a few weeks go by and there it is again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise my only resort is to install ubuntu and start using that.

submitted by /u/thatlankyfellow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thatlankyfellow, Nov 8, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Nov 8, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Chewy Win User

Windows files get corrupted every few weeks

Windows corrupt file Windows files get corrupted every few weeks :p

humm k, this thing is poping up on my taskbar.

!(yellow triangle around it) Windows - Corrupt File

The file or directory C:\windows\system32\msvcrt.dll is corrupt or unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility.

Well I ran the chkdsk in my windows 32 folder and the problem remains*Stick Out Tongue Windows files get corrupted every few weeks :p.

Any help when someone has the spare time, is greatly apriciated.

Chewy, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows files get corrupted every few weeks

1. Windows files get corrupted every few weeks - Similar Threads - files corrupted every

2. Been getting cryptic Blue Screens every few days / weeks for a while now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Been getting cryptic Blue Screens every few days / weeks for a while now: Hello, for a while now months I had been receiving in order of frequency DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONWHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERRORSYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALbsod messages.Looking online for a specific fix had led me to dead end after dead end, as no one situation...
  3. Been getting cryptic Blue Screens every few days / weeks for a while now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Been getting cryptic Blue Screens every few days / weeks for a while now: Hello, for a while now months I had been receiving in order of frequency DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONWHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERRORSYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALbsod messages.Looking online for a specific fix had led me to dead end after dead end, as no one situation...
  4. Been getting cryptic Blue Screens every few days / weeks for a while now

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Almost every file corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Almost every file corrupted: Hi,I bought a new computer a few days ago. When I try downloading programs through Chrome, Edge or even console, everything seems fine but then they don´t open cause they seem to be corrupted. The only things that work just fine are Chrome and the OS, but everything else...
  6. Almost every file corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Almost every file corrupted: Hi,I bought a new computer a few days ago. When I try downloading programs through Chrome, Edge or even console, everything seems fine but then they don´t open cause they seem to be corrupted. The only things that work just fine are Chrome and the OS, but everything else...
  7. whats up with this thing showing up every few weeks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    whats up with this thing showing up every few weeks: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Downtown_Resort8680 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/qarfl4/whats_up_with_this_thing_showing_up_every_few/
  8. BSOD every few weeks - various related to memory

BSOD every few weeks - various related to memory: Every few weeks I get a BSOD. It always seems to be related to memory so I occasionally run memory diagnostics, including the BIOS built-in and memtest86 (and memtest86+). It always passes the memory diagnostics. Here's a list of BSODs I've gotten, going back a year (I take a...
  9. Every .exe files don't get icons (It's not corrupted)

in Windows 10 Support
    Every .exe files don't get icons (It's not corrupted): Windows 10 Version: Dev (21322.1000) Hi! I got a little problem. Every .exe files, or shortcut doesn't got any icon. Just "blank page". I tried everything. Deleting Icon Cache - Not Working Clean Up Thumbnails - Not Working Making New Shortcuts - Not Working Reinstalling...
  10. Getting BSODs Every Few Days

Getting BSODs Every Few Days: Hi, For the past 6 months I have been getting the odd BSOD on Windows 10. I've updated all drivers I could think of and have run MemTest several times even overnight but my memory always passes with no errors. My hardware: CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus...