Windows 10: Windows files not recognized

Discus and support Windows files not recognized in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; had to change out an overheating I-7 chip and now my MS office files files are not recognized.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Leo Lee 57, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Windows files not recognized

had to change out an overheating I-7 chip and now my MS office files files are not recognized.

:)

Leo Lee 57, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 29, 2019
  4. slozomby Win User

Windows files not recognized

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows files not recognized

1. Windows files not recognized - Similar Threads - files recognized

2. wsl on windows ubuntu not recognizing windows file structure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wsl on windows ubuntu not recognizing windows file structure: So I installed WSL and have UBUNTU as my default terminal when I run the Windows terminal. I went to settings>ubuntu>starting directory and selected my projects folder on my desktop.however, when I run the terminal and put in "pwd" I get home/username...and when I do ls -a I...
  3. wsl on windows ubuntu not recognizing windows file structure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wsl on windows ubuntu not recognizing windows file structure: So I installed WSL and have UBUNTU as my default terminal when I run the Windows terminal. I went to settings>ubuntu>starting directory and selected my projects folder on my desktop.however, when I run the terminal and put in "pwd" I get home/username...and when I do ls -a I...
  4. New drive not recognized by "File History" on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New drive not recognized by "File History" on Windows 10: I have been using a 440GB SATA SSD drive to save the File History on Windows 10 but it's getting full, so I repurposed a 1TB M.2 Samsung 970 EVO drive to use instead this used to be my boot drive but I upgraded to a 2TB M.2 drive.When I go through the steps to replace the old...
  5. New drive not recognized by "File History" on Windows 10

New drive not recognized by "File History" on Windows 10: I have been using a 440GB SATA SSD drive to save the File History on Windows 10 but it's getting full, so I repurposed a 1TB M.2 Samsung 970 EVO drive to use instead this used to be my boot drive but I upgraded to a 2TB M.2 drive.When I go through the steps to replace the old...
  6. New drive not recognized by "File History" on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Suddenly getting "Don't recognize this file format" when transfering photos from iphone to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly getting "Don't recognize this file format" when transfering photos from iphone to...: Have never had an issue transferring photos from my iphone to my Windows 11 Home PC. Suddenly, getting "Looks like we don't recognize or support this file format. What gives? Yesterday it worked fine......
  8. Suddenly getting "Don't recognize this file format" when transfering photos from iphone to...

Suddenly getting "Don't recognize this file format" when transfering photos from iphone to...: Have never had an issue transferring photos from my iphone to my Windows 11 Home PC. Suddenly, getting "Looks like we don't recognize or support this file format. What gives? Yesterday it worked fine......
  9. Windows 11: File explorer recognizes my oldere 4Tb WD external HDD as a 5Tb drive and my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: File explorer recognizes my oldere 4Tb WD external HDD as a 5Tb drive and my...: Just around a week ago I discovered that in File Explorer my older 4Tb WD Elements drive that I have had for a few years is reading as a 5Tb drive and my new WD Elements 5Tb drive that I bought a few months ago is now recognized as a 4Tb drive. This means I lost a full Tb of...
  10. Windows 11: File explorer recognizes my oldere 4Tb WD external HDD as a 5Tb drive and my...

Windows 11: File explorer recognizes my oldere 4Tb WD external HDD as a 5Tb drive and my...: Just around a week ago I discovered that in File Explorer my older 4Tb WD Elements drive that I have had for a few years is reading as a 5Tb drive and my new WD Elements 5Tb drive that I bought a few months ago is now recognized as a 4Tb drive. This means I lost a full Tb of...