Windows 10: Windows Firewall-Action Center says Firewall not turned on

Discus and support Windows Firewall-Action Center says Firewall not turned on in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I keep getting this security notification in the Action Center saying: "Firewall and Network Protection - Turn on Windows Firewall" (see attached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Big Dan 49, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Windows Firewall-Action Center says Firewall not turned on

I keep getting this security notification in the Action Center saying: "Firewall and Network Protection - Turn on Windows Firewall" (see attached screenshots).

4 of the attached screenshots says/indicate that the firewall is turned on, but the security notification still pops up saying to turn on "Windows Firewall".

The settings for the security notifications says "turn off all notifications for windows security". I just want to turn off the notification for the "Windows Firewall" notification. I do not want to turn off all security notifications.

I can not seem to find a solution to this problem.

Windows version: 2004 (OS build 19041.450)

:)

Big Dan 49, Aug 29, 2020
  2. yasser80k Win User

Third-party firewall installed but Windows action center shows actions needed icon

I have installed a third-party firewall and disabled the windows 10 built-in firewall. but the action center permanently shows the "actions needed" icon on system tray and it says: "firewalls are turned off. your device may be vulnerable" . The main problem
    is that the icon is always as some action is needed and it won't reveal if windows action center needs a real action to be taken or it needs your serious attention. Is there any manner to show the windows that a firewall is installed and my device is not vulnerable?
    How can it be fixed? I mean except of turning the windows built-in firewall on Windows Firewall-Action Center says Firewall not turned on :) Thank you all

* Moved from Virus & Malware

yasser80k, Aug 29, 2020
  3. firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 29, 2020
  4. azroach Win User

Windows Firewall-Action Center says Firewall not turned on

Why do I have a notification in Action Center to turn on Antivirus & Firewall in Windows 10?

I have McAfee Antivirus & Firewall enabled at all times but I still get notifications in Action Center in Windows 10 to turn on an antivirus and firewall.

azroach, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows Firewall-Action Center says Firewall not turned on

1. Windows Firewall-Action Center says Firewall not turned on - Similar Threads - Firewall Action Center

2. windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.: So the message says but it's not true. Windows Defender Firewall is indeed off and that's because it interferes with MediaMonkey. However ZoneAlarm is on so why would Windows think this? This others me....
  3. Windows Firewall-Action Center says Firewall not turned on

Windows Firewall-Action Center says Firewall not turned on: I keep getting this security notification in the Action Center saying: "Firewall and Network Protection - Turn on Windows Firewall" (see attached screenshots). 4 of the attached screenshots says/indicate that the firewall is turned on, but the security notification still...
  4. Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall

Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall: Hi, I'm using McAfee Total Protection for my device. But, I'm getting notification on my device that Both Firewall has been turned Off. But, while checking on McAfee, it shows Firewall status as ON. But, on my device, Firewall status shows, it is in ON state. While,...
  5. Firewall won't turn on?

Firewall won't turn on?: I am trying to turn on my firewall, but I keep getting this message. When I click use recommended settings, the error dialog box pops up. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-wont-turn-on/fd28b351-60af-4345-b841-4b185baf7f11
  6. firewall not turning on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    firewall not turning on: I had installed an anti-virus app on my pc, before that I had turned off firewalls, because the anti-virus app keeps interrupting me; I uninstalled it. Now I get no option to turn on the Firewall due to that my network status appears as a dashed line. Also, the network...
  7. windows firewall will not turn on

windows firewall will not turn on: windows firewall is down windows defender is down . I am unable to start services nor change properties on the items also windows firewall driver is not working. every thing I try is blocked or I am not given access denied access that is ....
  8. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off: Have just started using Windows 10 (after years on Windows 8) and am generally happy with it, but I am constantly getting a notification telling me that "Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off; tap or click to see available options". But I go to Windows...
  9. Disabling Firewall in the Notification Center

Disabling Firewall in the Notification Center: Hi I have been searching through threads on how to do this, but the only solution that is mentioned is turning off the notification center as a whole via registry or GPO. Personally I would prefer GPO, but there doesn't seem a way to do it for something this specific....
  10. Can't turn on Firewall

Can't turn on Firewall: After removing Norton using the Norton Removal Tool can't turn on Firewall. Windows Firewall Service is set on Automatic.Remote Procedure Call Service & the Base Filtering Engine Service is started and set on Automatic.Would you help me,please? [img] 43975