Windows 10: Windows Firewall actively blocking DHCP traffic from Android WiFi tethering

Discus and support Windows Firewall actively blocking DHCP traffic from Android WiFi tethering in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yet again windows firewall is blocking essential stuff without ever giving you a notice, making you disable it and be less secure. This time it is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GuyOr, Nov 26, 2018.

1. GuyOr Win User

Windows Firewall actively blocking DHCP traffic from Android WiFi tethering

Yet again windows firewall is blocking essential stuff without ever giving you a notice, making you disable it and be less secure.

This time it is the Wifi network of my Android device.

Please help me dear microsoft locate where did I ever configure that the dhcp traffic should be blocked?!

I diagnosed it as the problem cause when its on and I'm trying to connect, the wifi interface doesn't get assigned an IP, assigning it the correct IP and default gateway manually, overrides this problem but it is completely nonviable for wifi adapter where your default gateway's address can change...

After disabling firewall, connecting and re-enabling I can finally work, but this is unacceptable.

Microsoft fix your firewall.

edit - sorry for the weird punctuation, I dunno what is up with this editor...

:)

GuyOr, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Arctucas Win User

Windows Firewall blocking websites

I have blocked IP addresses, e.g. 255.255.255.255, not URLs, e.g. somewebsite.co m.

As far as unblocking, look at your Windows Firewall rules. Do you see anything that is blocked? If you do, click on the Scope tab and see what is listed there.

Arctucas, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Windows Firewall actively blocking DHCP traffic from Android WiFi tethering

FIREWALL IS BLOCKING CERTAIN PROGRAMS

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

One of the most common problems when using a network firewall is that it sometimes blocks network traffic that you want to allow.

Please follow the below step to troubleshoot with the issue:

• Open the “Control Panel“.
    • Select “System and Security.
    • In the Windows Firewall section, select “Allow a program through Windows Firewall“.
    • Unchecking the box to the left of the application name disallows it from accessing network resources, while checking it allows access.
    • If the program you wish to block or unblock is not listed, you can click the “Allow another program…” button to add it. Choose the application in the list and select “Add“. If the program is not in this list, use the “Browse…
      button to select the program file manually.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Windows Firewall actively blocking DHCP traffic from Android WiFi tethering

1. Windows Firewall actively blocking DHCP traffic from Android WiFi tethering - Similar Threads - Firewall actively blocking

2. Win11Pro is blocking outbound traffic to a specific subnet even with Firewall rule enabling.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11Pro is blocking outbound traffic to a specific subnet even with Firewall rule enabling.: I have 1 Win11Pro/Domain joined machine that is now blocking outbound traffic to a specific subnet on the other side of the IPSec VPN tunnel. I have the firewall rule enabled to send all traffic to that subnet. Machines from the other side of the tunnel can ping the target...
  3. Win11Pro is blocking outbound traffic to a specific subnet even with Firewall rule enabling.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11Pro is blocking outbound traffic to a specific subnet even with Firewall rule enabling.: I have 1 Win11Pro/Domain joined machine that is now blocking outbound traffic to a specific subnet on the other side of the IPSec VPN tunnel. I have the firewall rule enabled to send all traffic to that subnet. Machines from the other side of the tunnel can ping the target...
  4. Android USB tether issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Android USB tether issue: Hello. I'm not sure if this is the correct topic, feel free to move I have an issue where my phone hangs Task manager and Network properties when on 'USB Tether' on Windows 10. if the phone connected to a PC and no tether via USB it works fine, but when I tether via USB...
  5. Firewall blocked my wifi network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall blocked my wifi network.: I installed Utorrent web on my windows 10 laptop for downloading some torrent stuff. The next day when I boot my PC a windows firewall setting popped up showing uttorent web app and asking for permission to make the connection secure like saying the wifi in airports,...
  6. Block all in/out traffic except to a single IP in Windows Defender Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Block all in/out traffic except to a single IP in Windows Defender Firewall: I have a Private workgroup network with Internet enabled. On one of my PC running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, I want to block all incoming and outgoing connections both LAN/Internet except to a single PC. PC-1 has IP address 192.168.1.100 PC-2 has IP address 192.168.1.50 I want...
  7. Android USB tethering issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Android USB tethering issue: Hello, I have an issue with Android USB tethering on my Windows 10 laptop : despite the system detects the "NDIS" network device, ipconfig -all returns no value on default gateway. The most intriguing aspect of this issue is that it sometimes disappears, suggesting a cable...
  8. Bluetooth tethering Problem from Android to Win10 PC.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth tethering Problem from Android to Win10 PC.: [ATTACH] It shows "Direct Connection" instead of Access point, everytime when im trying to connect the android's internet via bluetooth tethering. Please help me to solve the issue....
  9. Can 'not' block virtualbox traffic with firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can 'not' block virtualbox traffic with firewall: I am trying to configure my Windows system such I can block VirtualBox VM traffic to for example the internet but not the local network. That is I have some services on my local network that my VMs must access but I want to block all traffic outside of the local network e.g....
  10. DHCP traffic get blocked after disabling "allow unicast response" windows firewall windows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    DHCP traffic get blocked after disabling "allow unicast response" windows firewall windows...: Hello Team, I see similar issues as mentioned in KB2344959 in windows 10 and 8.1. https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/2344959/the-dhcp-traffic-is-blocked-after-you-enable-the-do-not-allow-exceptio once i disable unicast response my machines fails to get IP from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can windows 10 firewall block usb tethering?

2. disable tether port on ip phone

3. windows firewall blocking tethering