Windows 10: Windows Firewall allowing all ports and protocols

Discus and support Windows Firewall allowing all ports and protocols in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello.I have a question.If I add a rule for Port Protocol UDP and I allow all of them. Then I add a rule for Port Protocol TCP and I allow all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RMugione, May 14, 2021.

1. RMugione Win User

Windows Firewall allowing all ports and protocols

Hello.I have a question.If I add a rule for Port Protocol UDP and I allow all of them. Then I add a rule for Port Protocol TCP and I allow all of them.Means that I've actually disabled the Firewall?Do these rules override all the others?If so then to me it seams a security issue.Lets say, if a software due tue a bug adds these rules.Thanks Ricardo

:)

RMugione, May 14, 2021
  2. Pauli O Win User

Allow Ports access through Windows Firewall.

• Ports 0 to 1023 are Well-Known Ports.
    • Ports 1024 to 49151 are Registered Ports (often registered by a software developer to designate a particular port for their application)
    [table][tr][td]443[/td][td]TCP[/td][td]HTTPS - HTTP Protocol over TLS/SSL (encrypted transmission)[/td][/tr][/table]

That's all I can find.

You can try to click "Allow an app or...." if your app is listed there.

Windows Firewall allowing all ports and protocols cee42a48-b50c-4eae-ba08-7b63b032c8b6?upload=true.png

Pauli O, May 14, 2021
  3. Pauli O Win User
    Pauli O, May 14, 2021
  4. Windows Firewall allowing all ports and protocols

How to open port in Windows 10 Firewall?

Hi,

You can manually permit a program to access the internet by opening a firewall port. You will need to know what port it uses and the protocol to make this work. Let's follow these steps to open ports in Windows 10 firewall:

1. Navigate to Control Panel, System and Security
    and Windows Firewall.

2. Select Advanced settings and highlight Inbound Rules in the left pane.

3. Right click Inbound Rules and select New Rule.

4. Add the port you need to open and click Next.

5. Add the protocol (TCP or UDP) and the port number into the next window and click Next.

6. Select Allow the connection in the next window and hit Next.

7. Select the network type as you see fit and click
    Next.

8. Name the rule something meaningful and click Finish.

Let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards.

Darian Tab, May 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows Firewall allowing all ports and protocols

1. Windows Firewall allowing all ports and protocols - Similar Threads - Firewall allowing ports

2. Windows firewall and ports

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows firewall and ports: Dear all I have some questions regarding Windows Firewall and Ports 1. How do I best close Ports in Windows? With the Outbound / Indbound firewall rules? 2. Deleting a rule is that the same as if is not activated? Or does it get activated when the App requests it? 3. League...
  3. Windows firewall and ports

Windows firewall and ports: Dear allI have some questions regarding Windows Firewall and Ports1.How do I best close Ports in Windows?With the Outbound / Indbound firewall rules?2.Deleting a rule is that the same as if is not activated?Or does it get activated when the App requests it?3.League of Legends...
  4. Protocols and ports

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Protocols and ports: I have been getting the notorious “error code 1132” on zoom. One solution is to change the protocols and ports. But when I go to do that the options are greyed out. I am on the admin acc as this is my personal pc, so how do I fix this? Resetting my computer is not an option,...
  5. Manage Ports in Windows Firewall

Manage Ports in Windows Firewall: how can i close all open ports in my pc? [Original Title: firewall] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manage-ports-in-windows-firewall/96a90867-3c24-4f58-9f4e-05887178a5c7
  6. Netsh Advanced Firewall command to set ttl for a specific IP, Protocol, Port not global

Netsh Advanced Firewall command to set ttl for a specific IP, Protocol, Port not global: Does Microsoft advanced firewall support a NETSH command to set ttl/hop count not global ttl but packet header ttl for a packet as it leaves the server? Linux iptables mangle rules can be used to set the following values: ttl, tos, mtu, tcpmss, mark, secmark, connsecmark...
  7. Firewall rule(s) to allow all traffic through the firewall?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall rule(s) to allow all traffic through the firewall?: I'm tired of seeing the message that my firewall is disabled all the time. Is there a simply rule or rules that I can apply to the firewall that will allow all traffic to flow both ways? I have a hardware firewall that keeps the network safe, so the Windows firewall isn't...
  8. Protocol numbers? -- setting in Windows Firewall -- What are they?

Protocol numbers? -- setting in Windows Firewall -- What are they?: In Windows Firewall 'Outbound Rules', 'Thunderbird Properties', _/Protocols and Ports\_, 'Protocol type: [Custom]' & 'Protocol number: [?]': What are the Protocol numbers for SMTP & POP? for SMTPv2? for SMTPv3? for POP3? (...Actually, I didn't know there was such a thing as...
  9. Allow Ports access through Windows Firewall.

Allow Ports access through Windows Firewall.: Hello, I have several ports that need to be open for the uses of software, but the thing is, i dont know how to do through windows firewall and that ports number are TCP OR UDP? Kindly someone can help me with this? Port number is 442 443 48009 48100 48101 48102...
  10. Windows 10 Firewall All Ports Open !

Windows 10 Firewall All Ports Open !: I was frankly shocked to find My Windows 10's Firewall having SEVERAL rules applying within the Public profile and allowing all traffic to hit local ports. I am using Public profile. One Rule was called "Connect" and was allowing ALL. When All ports are allowed inbound,...