Windows 10: Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Discus and support Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Have just started using Windows 10 (after years on Windows 8) and am generally happy with it, but I am constantly getting a notification telling me... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by drmrbrewer, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Have just started using Windows 10 (after years on Windows 8) and am generally happy with it, but I am constantly getting a notification telling me that "Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off; tap or click to see available options".

But I go to Windows Security, under in Firewall & network protection it says "no actions needed" ... and "Firewall is on".

So what gives? How do I stop this silly message appearing?

:)

drmrbrewer, Dec 7, 2018

2. McAfee firewall turns itself off

I have a Dell laptop upgraded to Windows 10. I received an update on 2/11/16. Since then my McAfee firewall turns off on its on and I have to manually turn it on again every time.

It makes no difference if the MS Windows Defender firewall is on or not. The McAfee firewall just does its on thing.

McAfee told me they could not help because I was using a Verizon Hotspot. It isn't a public hotspot, it is my own personal one.

So kind of wondering what to do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Richard A.

[Moved from Virus & Malware]

RichardAnderon, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Sagatious Win User
    Windows Firewall/McAfee Firewall one and the same?

I am having many problems with my machine. Example Start button, search and Edge do not work.

I looked in "Services" and found the following.

McAfee Firewall.....ON

Windows Firewall..ON

Windows Defender.....OFF

Believing there may be a conflict I attempted to turn OFF the Windows Firewall BUT

was told if I turned off "Windows Firewall" then McAfee Firewall will also NOT work.

Does anyone know IF both Firewalls should show to be ON?

Thanks

Sag

[Moved from Virus & Malware]

Sagatious, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Windows firewall 'turn on' grayed out

In the security and maintenance, whenever I want to turn on windows firewall instead of McAfee the option to turn windows firewall on is grayed out, and McAfee doesn't have a turn off option. Disabling the McAfee's firewall from McAfee lists it as 'snooze'
    in the security and maintenance, and still doesn't give me the option to turn on windows firewall, so a fix would be helpful.

I want to do this because in windows firewall, I can block certain ports using the outbound rules, which I intend to use for a game. However, I can't seem to find any option to change the rules in McAfee for outgoing. It's frustrating, so if anybody knows,
    a guide to changing designated ports, or changing the outbound rules with McAfee, then that would work too.

GloriousLeaf, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

1. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off - Similar Threads - Firewall McAfee Firewall

2. windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.: So the message says but it's not true. Windows Defender Firewall is indeed off and that's because it interferes with MediaMonkey. However ZoneAlarm is on so why would Windows think this? This others me....
  3. Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall

Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall: Hi, I'm using McAfee Total Protection for my device. But, I'm getting notification on my device that Both Firewall has been turned Off. But, while checking on McAfee, it shows Firewall status as ON. But, on my device, Firewall status shows, it is in ON state. While,...
  4. Turning off Firewall &/or McAfee Anti-Virus temporarily

Turning off Firewall &/or McAfee Anti-Virus temporarily: I've been having a problem with the 4k YouTube to MP3 program, and this is one of support's suggestions: Turn off firewall, antivirus or any other program that may interfere with 4K YouTube to MP3's working at least for the time of downloading. If it has solved the issue...
  5. turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...

turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...: how to turn off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turn on windows defender and firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turning-off-mcafee-virus-scan-and-firewall-and/4b616e99-6fc9-4d2b-9159-c9794cb6b1fe
  6. Firewall turned off

Firewall turned off: Why am I receiving message firewall is turned off, but when I check security firewall is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-turned-off/c12a23bd-426d-4406-91d4-54f50be196cd
  7. Windows Firewall and third party Firewall are both turned off

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Firewall and third party Firewall are both turned off: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 ships with Windows Firewall out of the box and at the same time allows you to install and run a third-party Firewall too. These firewalls work independently to block suspicious actions on your computer. But after installing Windows [...] This post...
  8. Notification message on every boot: Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notification message on every boot: Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned...: For the past year that I've had my laptop, I've always been greeted a few minutes after login with a notification that reads: "View firewall options Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off. Tap or click to see available options." I get a similar message...
  9. Windows firewall/McAfee

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows firewall/McAfee: It says my Windows firewall is controlled my vendor McAfee. I don't have McAfee. What does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewallmcafee/9e4e843a-5cdc-4c3e-856b-3fbc6304a666
  10. Pop-up : "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off."

Pop-up : "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off.": Every time I start my PC lately, I get a Windows notification that pops up in my action center that says: "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off. Tap or click to see available options" Clicking it asks me if I want to turn on either one. Why does this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows firewall and mcafee firewall are both turned off

2. windows says mcafee firewall is off

3. windows firewall is off with mcafee

4. windows 10 says mcafee firewall is off,
  5. MCAFEE AND WINDOWS DEFENDER BOTH TURNED OFF,
  6. would having seprate network firewall turn off mcafee and windows firewall?,
  7. mcafee firewall and zonealarm together,
  8. windows security windows firewall and mcafee firewall are both turned off,
  9. Should I have windows firewall and McAfee firewall running on the same computer,
  10. do i need windows firewall on with mcafee,
  11. windows 10 says firewall is off,
  12. mcafee antivirus turned off,
  13. mcafee firewall off after update,
  14. both mcafee and windows firewall are off,
  15. windows says comodo firewall is not on when it is