Windows 10: Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Discus and support Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Have just started using Windows 10 (after years on Windows 8) and am generally happy with it, but I am constantly getting a notification telling me... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by drmrbrewer, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Have just started using Windows 10 (after years on Windows 8) and am generally happy with it, but I am constantly getting a notification telling me that "Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off; tap or click to see available options".

But I go to Windows Security, under in Firewall & network protection it says "no actions needed" ... and "Firewall is on".

So what gives? How do I stop this silly message appearing?

:)

drmrbrewer, Dec 7, 2018

2. McAfee firewall turns itself off

I have a Dell laptop upgraded to Windows 10. I received an update on 2/11/16. Since then my McAfee firewall turns off on its on and I have to manually turn it on again every time.

It makes no difference if the MS Windows Defender firewall is on or not. The McAfee firewall just does its on thing.

McAfee told me they could not help because I was using a Verizon Hotspot. It isn't a public hotspot, it is my own personal one.

So kind of wondering what to do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Richard A.

[Moved from Virus & Malware]

RichardAnderon, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Sagatious Win User
    Windows Firewall/McAfee Firewall one and the same?

I am having many problems with my machine. Example Start button, search and Edge do not work.

I looked in "Services" and found the following.

McAfee Firewall.....ON

Windows Firewall..ON

Windows Defender.....OFF

Believing there may be a conflict I attempted to turn OFF the Windows Firewall BUT

was told if I turned off "Windows Firewall" then McAfee Firewall will also NOT work.

Does anyone know IF both Firewalls should show to be ON?

Thanks

Sag

[Moved from Virus & Malware]

Sagatious, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Windows firewall 'turn on' grayed out

In the security and maintenance, whenever I want to turn on windows firewall instead of McAfee the option to turn windows firewall on is grayed out, and McAfee doesn't have a turn off option. Disabling the McAfee's firewall from McAfee lists it as 'snooze'
    in the security and maintenance, and still doesn't give me the option to turn on windows firewall, so a fix would be helpful.

I want to do this because in windows firewall, I can block certain ports using the outbound rules, which I intend to use for a game. However, I can't seem to find any option to change the rules in McAfee for outgoing. It's frustrating, so if anybody knows,
    a guide to changing designated ports, or changing the outbound rules with McAfee, then that would work too.

GloriousLeaf, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

1. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off - Similar Threads - Firewall McAfee Firewall

2. Turning off Windows Defender Firewall fails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turning off Windows Defender Firewall fails: Under "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Defender Firewall\Customize Settings", I clicked "Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended)", for both "Private network settings" and "Public Network settings", and clicked "OK". The window I got after that said...
  3. turn off windows firewall and kaspersky internet security

turn off windows firewall and kaspersky internet security: hi [img] how turn on? i click in view firewall option and click turn on kaspersky but it isnt work 43268
  4. can't turn windows firewall on

can't turn windows firewall on: hello how are you every one *_< here is my problem my windows fire wall won't turn on no matter what i do i tried every thing i found on the internet but with no help at all i went to services and clicked on start but every time i do it i get this error [img] and of course...
  5. Can't turn on Firewall

Can't turn on Firewall: After removing Norton using the Norton Removal Tool can't turn on Firewall. Windows Firewall Service is set on Automatic.Remote Procedure Call Service & the Base Filtering Engine Service is started and set on Automatic.Would you help me,please? [img] 43975
  6. Completely turn off Windows Firewall in Windows 10

Completely turn off Windows Firewall in Windows 10: Prior to installing my ZoneAlarm, I wanna completely turn off my windows 10 firewall, for some reason, and it must be done only via registry: Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Customize Settings > Turn off Windows Firewall = For both Private and Public...
  7. Should I turn off Windows Firewall?

Should I turn off Windows Firewall?: Hey, Just got this firewall "Glasswire" and was wondering if I should turn off Windows 10 Firewall while I'm using it? I'm just not sure if Glasswire gives me as much protection as the Windows one give me. -Thanks! 19741
  8. Pop-up : "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off."

Pop-up : "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off.": Every time I start my PC lately, I get a Windows notification that pops up in my action center that says: "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off. Tap or click to see available options" Clicking it asks me if I want to turn on either one. Why does this...
  9. Windows 10 Firewall will not turn on.

Windows 10 Firewall will not turn on.: I have a ZBOX, which came with Windows 7 installed. This was updated to Windows 10 a few weeks before the free offer ran out & was running fine. Recently, I started getting the error message that Windows Firewall wasn't running & to tap to start it. When I do so, I get...
  10. Firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly

Firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly: I noticed that I keep getting a notification stating that Windows Firewall was turned off, so I go to the control panel and go to Security and Maintenance. There, I find a message telling me my firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly. I click on "Turn on Firewall" but...