Windows 10: Windows firewall and ports

Discus and support Windows firewall and ports in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear all I have some questions regarding Windows Firewall and Ports 1. How do I best close Ports in Windows? With the Outbound / Indbound firewall... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EmilDK, Jun 11, 2021.

1. EmilDK Win User

Windows firewall and ports

Dear all I have some questions regarding Windows Firewall and Ports 1. How do I best close Ports in Windows? With the Outbound / Indbound firewall rules? 2. Deleting a rule is that the same as if is not activated? Or does it get activated when the App requests it? 3. League of Legends app is neither in Outbound or Indbound rules How can I still connect to their servers and play? 4. Hearthstone was deactivated in both Inbound and Outbound rules I could still connect to it How can that be? I have the same Firewall profile as this: Thank you for replying Best regards

:)

EmilDK, Jun 11, 2021

2. windows firewall question

yes i am sure i am having no issues with a router. this is at my work. and i only have issues with the windows 7 firewall.

as for adding ports, i do it the same as what is listed in your picture.

THRiLL KiLL, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Opening specific ports in Windows 10 Firewall

Hi Don,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Have you connected your computer to domain network?

I suggest you to disable the Firewall wait for 1 hour and check whether the ports are opened automatically or not, please do let us know with the result.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Windows firewall and ports

How to open port in Windows 10 Firewall?

Hi,

Follow the steps below and check if you are able to open a portal in Firewall on the computer.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control panel from the context menu.
    • Select System and Security from the options and click on
      Windows Firewall from right side panel of the window.
    • Click on Advanced settings and select Inbound Rules from left side panel of the window.
    • Click on New Rule under Actions tab from right side panel and select
      Port radio button from the window.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of opening port in the Windows 10 Firewall on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows firewall and ports

1. Windows firewall and ports - Similar Threads - firewall ports

2. Configure the network firewall to allow access to the following URLs on port 80

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configure the network firewall to allow access to the following URLs on port 80: When I sign in to the Wi-Fi on two different college campuses MSN.com opens after logging in which is causing me trouble.This article: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/networking/internet-explorer-edge-open-connect-corporate-public-network...
  3. Configure the network firewall to allow access to the following URLs on port 80

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Configure the network firewall to allow access to the following URLs on port 80: When I sign in to the Wi-Fi on two different college campuses MSN.com opens after logging in which is causing me trouble.This article: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/networking/internet-explorer-edge-open-connect-corporate-public-network...
  4. ESXi went to "Not Responding" state when adding IP address in ESXI firewall ports via PowerCLI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ESXi went to "Not Responding" state when adding IP address in ESXI firewall ports via PowerCLI: Hi Expert,ESXi went to "Not Responding" state when we are adding IP address in the firewall ports via PowersCLIExplanation of what the script does: The script is supposed to execute on the server which PowersCLI has been installed . The script will get the vCenter inputs and...
  5. ESXi went to "Not Responding" state when adding IP address in ESXI firewall ports via PowerCLI

ESXi went to "Not Responding" state when adding IP address in ESXI firewall ports via PowerCLI: Hi Expert,ESXi went to "Not Responding" state when we are adding IP address in the firewall ports via PowersCLIExplanation of what the script does: The script is supposed to execute on the server which PowersCLI has been installed . The script will get the vCenter inputs and...
  6. Why is Windows Defender Firewall blocking an inbound port?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows Defender Firewall blocking an inbound port?: I have Windows 11 and am using Xfinity as my ISP. I have port forwarded Port 2346 in my router.In Defender Firewall I have set up an Inbound Rule for Port 2346 to "Allow the connection."Defender Firewall is still blocking the port. I know it is Defender Firewall because if I...
  7. Why is Windows Defender Firewall blocking an inbound port?

Why is Windows Defender Firewall blocking an inbound port?: I have Windows 11 and am using Xfinity as my ISP. I have port forwarded Port 2346 in my router.In Defender Firewall I have set up an Inbound Rule for Port 2346 to "Allow the connection."Defender Firewall is still blocking the port. I know it is Defender Firewall because if I...
  8. I'm using Windows 10 Built-in firewall, but can't open port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm using Windows 10 Built-in firewall, but can't open port: I've followed many tuts on Youtube, but still can't can't open port 15001 for torrenting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-using-windows-10-built-in-firewall-but-cant/138d3202-fb71-462f-bb27-364e5cb1f0a8
  9. I'm using Windows 10 Built-in firewall, but can't open port

I'm using Windows 10 Built-in firewall, but can't open port: I've followed many tuts on Youtube, but still can't can't open port 15001 for torrenting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-using-windows-10-built-in-firewall-but-cant/138d3202-fb71-462f-bb27-364e5cb1f0a8
  10. I'm using Windows 10 Built-in firewall, but can't open port

in Windows 10 Customization