Windows 10: Windows Firewall blocking Internet connection after Feb '19 update

Discus and support Windows Firewall blocking Internet connection after Feb '19 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Some background, I recently lost my landline(read ADSL connection) due to a bushfire, so I am currently using my mobile phone as an interim measure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stormbringer999s, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Windows Firewall blocking Internet connection after Feb '19 update

Some background,
    I recently lost my landline(read ADSL connection) due to a bushfire, so I am currently using my mobile phone as an interim measure until the landline connection is up and running. This was working fine until I ran the Feb update and now I have to disable Windows Defender Firewall in order to connect.

All of the options that were made available via other discussions do not work because of the fact that I'm using cellular data. There's no drivers that can be updated, cmd prompt fix's don't work, infact nothing I've seen Microsoft suggest works.

I run no other software other than Windows Defender.

I've never had to run Windows OS without a Firewall before and I'd really prefer not to be doing it now, so please help and provide me with some answers.

Jon

:)

Stormbringer999s, Feb 12, 2019

2. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Firewall in Windows 10 blocks internet

I have updated to Windows10 and the firewall keeps blocking my internet. I have tried everything I could find to resolve this problem but the only thing I can do that helps is turning the firewall off totaly. The problem is that once my laptop goes in standby
    or my wifi has no internet the firewall automaticly turns back on and blocks internet again. Can someone please help me step by step with either how to allow internet with the firewall on or how to get rid of the firewall all together because I keep missing
    skype messages for work because I don't realize that internet is blocked.

Also I have noticed that since the update my wifi receiver is not as strong as before, I used to have wifi in the whole house and now if I go to another room I lose my connection, and then the whole firewall block problem starts all over again

Thank you for your help

deborrah85, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Techtu Win User

Windows Firewall blocking Internet connection after Feb '19 update

Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile Windows Firewall blocking Internet connection after Feb '19 update :)

Techtu, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows Firewall blocking Internet connection after Feb '19 update

1. Windows Firewall blocking Internet connection after Feb '19 update - Similar Threads - Firewall blocking Internet

2. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet: For context: I used to work from home, the company I worked for sent me the laptop to use. When my employment ended with them I repeatedly tried to contact them to arrange returning the laptop. I emailed, and left multiple messages, and never got a response back. I did speak...
  3. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet: For context: I used to work from home, the company I worked for sent me the laptop to use. When my employment ended with them I repeatedly tried to contact them to arrange returning the laptop. I emailed, and left multiple messages, and never got a response back. I did speak...
  4. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows firewall block connections to localnet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows firewall block connections to localnet: Hi everyone!I have following task:1. Block connections to hosts in local network2. Allow connections to certain hosts in local network domain controllers, wsus, dns and some exact hosts and ports3. Allow connections to O365All tasks above I need to be implemented with help of...
  6. Windows firewall block connections to localnet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows firewall block connections to localnet: Hi everyone!I have following task:1. Block connections to hosts in local network2. Allow connections to certain hosts in local network domain controllers, wsus, dns and some exact hosts and ports3. Allow connections to O365All tasks above I need to be implemented with help of...
  7. Windows firewall block connections to localnet

8. firewall is blocking internet

firewall is blocking internet: how do ifix firewall blocking internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-is-blocking-internet/b1ac89ea-96dd-4476-b7d3-292a5793a415
  9. Firewall Blocking Internet

Firewall Blocking Internet: I am running Windows 10 Version 1809 Build 17763.292... After updating to this version my internet connection is blocked. What needs to be allowed through through the firewall for my internet to run? It is only having issues when the firewall for private networks is on....
  10. Firewall blocking Ethernet connection?

Firewall blocking Ethernet connection?: So I just unpackaged my computer after moving back to the states (been in storage since Oct 1st). Connect everything and it doesn't recognize the Ethernet connection to the Internet. Call my isp to troubleshoot. They have me turn off my firewall in Windows. Right away my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firewall blocks internet after upgrade

2. windows blocking internet after update

3. windows defender firewall seems to block everything except windows edge