Windows 10: Windows Firewall blocking MS Edge

Discus and support Windows Firewall blocking MS Edge in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I asked this question on the Edge forum too, but I have additional questions about this blocking thing A. Uh, why do keep getting a message that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by auldtwa, Feb 15, 2020.

1. auldtwa Win User

Windows Firewall blocking MS Edge

I asked this question on the Edge forum too, but I have additional questions about this blocking thing

A. Uh, why do keep getting a message that Windows Firewall is blocking "some aspects" of Microsoft Edge. I am using beta now, but it did it with the plain old "new Edge" as well.

Don't departments talk to each other???

B. I get this message about Amazon Music Helper too. Why isn't there a link that tells you WHAT aspects are being blocked? One might not care.

C. I went into Control Panel/Firewall/Allow Programs and added both Edge and Music Helper. But every time I reboot, those additions go away. Why??

:)

auldtwa, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Arctucas Win User

Windows Firewall blocking websites

I have blocked IP addresses, e.g. 255.255.255.255, not URLs, e.g. somewebsite.co m.

As far as unblocking, look at your Windows Firewall rules. Do you see anything that is blocked? If you do, click on the Scope tab and see what is listed there.

Arctucas, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Feb 15, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Firewall blocking MS Edge - Similar Threads - Firewall blocking Edge

2. MS Edge updates and firewall error every time

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge updates and firewall error every time: hi, As usual, edge update and then all firewall rules are broken - this happens all the time when there is an Edge update. can you fix this? [img] Now when i visit some site the firewall will ask me if i allow access externally to MS Edge. i have already approved this a...
  3. Windows Firewall blocking features of Edge. Why? It appear for the first time!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Firewall blocking features of Edge. Why? It appear for the first time!: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/5u5bivrs1p561.png?width=641&format=png&auto=webp&s=af970e0bb434599089127e438b47d059f96eb168 submitted by /u/TechieNikhil [link] [comments]...
  4. firewall blocking internet to Microsoft edge help fix

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    firewall blocking internet to Microsoft edge help fix: unblock internet to Microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-blocking-internet-to-microsoft-edge-help/f33b92a5-5978-4770-8121-622ffea5a4b2
  5. Windows Firewall block outbound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Firewall block outbound?: Anyone ever manage to put together a working windows firewall policy to block outbound traffic to private & public networks on Windows 10? We're working on Always On VPN, using a device tunnel & 'ForceTunnel'. Microsoft defines 'ForceTunnel' as: All traffic except for local...
  6. Windows firewall blocks ipv6

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows firewall blocks ipv6: I use the newest windows 10 and have both ipv4 and ipv6 addresses on my pc. When I make a outbound rule for blocking some ipv4 addresses, I can't visit any ipv6 websites. The browser says "Your Internet access is blocked". When I delete the rule, everything is ok. I think a...
  7. How to block file downloads in MS Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to block file downloads in MS Edge?: Is there a way to block file downloads in MS Edge? We are using Windows 10 Enterprise and cannot seem to find any information on how this can be achieved.. I would of suspected that this feature is derived from IE policies. We currently have policies in place for IE and...
  8. Windows firewall blocks wuapihost.exe...?

Windows firewall blocks wuapihost.exe...?: On my Surface Pro 3 running W10x64pro (upgraded from W8.1) I just now got a dialog pop up that Windows firewall has blocked some features of C:\Windows\System32\wuapihost.exe. The dialog wants me to allow (or cancel) wuapihost on public networks (this option is checked) and...
  9. Blocking a program in firewall?

Blocking a program in firewall?: I'm trying to block a program from connecting to the internet and I followed these instructions: How to Block a Program From the Internet in Windows 10 - Simple Help for blocking a program from the windows firewall, but it doesn't seem to work. When I go into the...
  10. Firewall blocking most internet connectivity, except MS Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall blocking most internet connectivity, except MS Edge: I installed the most recent Win 10 update, and now have the most odd issue that I can't figure out. Windows Defender firewall seems to block everything except Windows Edge, from within my private home network When the firewall is on: Firefox and Chrome do not work at all....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms edge firewall

2. firewall blocked microsoft edge

3. block edge firewall

4. edge blocked by firewall,
  5. microsoft edge firewall block,
  6. what do when microsoft edge is blocked by firewall or antiviurs