Windows 10: Windows firewall blocks wuapihost.exe...?

Discus and support Windows firewall blocks wuapihost.exe...? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On my Surface Pro 3 running W10x64pro (upgraded from W8.1) I just now got a dialog pop up that Windows firewall has blocked some features of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OppfinnarJocke, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Windows firewall blocks wuapihost.exe...?

On my Surface Pro 3 running W10x64pro (upgraded from W8.1) I just now got a dialog pop up that Windows firewall has blocked some features of C:\Windows\System32\wuapihost.exe. The dialog wants me to allow (or cancel) wuapihost on public networks (this option is checked) and not on private networks (this option is unchecked). I have no idea what this is. I searched this forum but only one non-relevant thread came up. So... anyone have any ideas what this is about and what my best option is?

BTW, the network I'm on is my local private home network, no other wireless networks are in the vicinity.

Thanks

:)

OppfinnarJocke, Oct 21, 2015

2. Will Win10-1709 firewall failure be fixed?

In "Control Panel":

'Windows Firewall' > 'Advanced settings' > opens "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" dialog.

In "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" dialog:

'Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on Local Computer' (top frame of center panel) > 'Windows Firewall Properties" (link, at bottom of top frame of center panel) > opens "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on Local Computer Pro..." dialog.

In "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on Local Computer Pro..." dialog:

'Domain Profile' (tab) > 'Inbound connections:' Block (default) & 'Outbound connections:'
    Block.

'Private Profile' (tab) > 'Inbound connections:' Block (default) & 'Outbound connections:'
    Block.

'Public Profile' (tab) > 'Inbound connections:' Block (default) & 'Outbound connections:'
    Block.

MarkFilipak.Windows, Oct 21, 2015
  3. graye Win User
    Will Win10-1709 firewall failure be fixed?

In "Control Panel":

'Windows Firewall' > 'Advanced settings' > opens "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" dialog.

In "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" dialog:

'Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on Local Computer' (top frame of center panel) > 'Windows Firewall Properties" (link, at bottom of top frame of center panel) > opens "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on Local Computer Pro..." dialog.

In "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on Local Computer Pro..." dialog:

'Domain Profile' (tab) > 'Inbound connections:' Block (default) & 'Outbound connections:'
    Block.

'Private Profile' (tab) > 'Inbound connections:' Block (default) & 'Outbound connections:'
    Block.

'Public Profile' (tab) > 'Inbound connections:' Block (default) & 'Outbound connections:'
    Block.

...and which profile is active (domain, private, or public)?

For me... only the Private profile has outbound rules for Ping

graye, Oct 21, 2015
Thema:

Windows firewall blocks wuapihost.exe...?

1. Windows firewall blocks wuapihost.exe...? - Similar Threads - firewall blocks wuapihost

2. Blocked exe file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked exe file: I am sure someone somewhere has a virtual voodoo doll of me. This is the exe file for a game I have had since 2007. It has never happened before. I have scanned the folder with Kaspersky. It says its clean. I have switched off UAC, then switched off the pc, and restarted it,...
  3. Windows Firewall block outbound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Firewall block outbound?: Anyone ever manage to put together a working windows firewall policy to block outbound traffic to private & public networks on Windows 10? We're working on Always On VPN, using a device tunnel & 'ForceTunnel'. Microsoft defines 'ForceTunnel' as: All traffic except for local...
  4. Exe blocked.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Exe blocked.: Hello, I am operating on Microsoft office 2010 but would like to upgrade to Microsoft professional plus office 2013. Unfortunately whenever I try to install I get a message by Windows defender "Unauthorized changes are blocked". What can I do in order to be authorized?...
  5. Defender firewall block

Defender firewall block: This opened when I logged in: Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of SchedulerConsole on all public and private networks. Name: SchedulerConsole Publisher: Unknown Path: C:\program files...
  6. firewall is blocking internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    firewall is blocking internet: how do ifix firewall blocking internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-is-blocking-internet/b1ac89ea-96dd-4476-b7d3-292a5793a415
  7. Firewall blocked app

Firewall blocked app: What are the risks of allowing an app through a firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-blocked-app/6d58a40d-b823-4d17-b972-67ed5d163a91"
  8. Windows firewall blocks ipv6

Windows firewall blocks ipv6: I use the newest windows 10 and have both ipv4 and ipv6 addresses on my pc. When I make a outbound rule for blocking some ipv4 addresses, I can't visit any ipv6 websites. The browser says "Your Internet access is blocked". When I delete the rule, everything is ok. I think a...
  9. Blocking a program in firewall?

Blocking a program in firewall?: I'm trying to block a program from connecting to the internet and I followed these instructions: How to Block a Program From the Internet in Windows 10 - Simple Help for blocking a program from the windows firewall, but it doesn't seem to work. When I go into the...
  10. How to block multiple EXE files Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to block multiple EXE files Windows Firewall: Hello! I want to block a certain application from any access to the internet, either inbound or outbound, so it will never attempt to upgrade. I went in the Advanced Settings in Windows Firewall but I can only block one-by-one the executable files (EXE) and this...