Windows 10: Windows firewall cannot be set as the default firewall

Discus and support Windows firewall cannot be set as the default firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi.Problem description:- I has some problem with Defender firewall and when I'm trying to run troubleshooter from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IgorVi, May 5, 2021.

1. IgorVi Win User

Windows firewall cannot be set as the default firewall

Hi.Problem description:- I has some problem with Defender firewall and when I'm trying to run troubleshooter from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-problems-with-windows-firewall-513e9cf8-19ae-d579-2092-d5e64fe06f5fI receive the message: Windows firewall cannot be set as the default firewall. I don't have neither 3rd parties firewall nor other security software installed and use windows Defender. I suspect my problem with firewall somehow connected with impossibility to run troubleshooter wherefore i don't explain details of it

:)

IgorVi, May 5, 2021

2. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, May 5, 2021
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    Firewall

Hello,

It is recommended to turn on your Firewalls to prevent your computer from unauthorized access and being vulnerable. Based on your issue description, it looks like you wanted to turn off Windows Firewall. To turn off Windows Firewall, kindly follow the steps
    below:

• On Start, scroll down to Windows System > Control Panel > System
      and Security
      > Windows Firewall.
    • Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
    • Under the appropriate network setting, select Turn on Windows Firewall.
      • Note: If your PC is connected to a network, network policy settings might prevent you from completing these steps. For more info, contact your .administrator

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Fuj, May 5, 2021
  4. Windows firewall cannot be set as the default firewall

windows firewall question

yes i am sure i am having no issues with a router. this is at my work. and i only have issues with the windows 7 firewall.

as for adding ports, i do it the same as what is listed in your picture.

THRiLL KiLL, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows firewall cannot be set as the default firewall

1. Windows firewall cannot be set as the default firewall - Similar Threads - firewall cannot set

2. Restoring Windows Defender Firewall to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring Windows Defender Firewall to default: I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360. I was online looking for tips and tricks online. A lot of them recommended getting rid of McAfee Security because of the bloatware, as well as, the nagging pop ups every time you looked around. I followed there directions and...
  3. Cannot Start Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Start Windows Firewall: Hi!So my computer has been going through a lot this past week and I will include a TL;DR somewhere around this post, but keep reading if you want because I'll try to explain my situation as clearly as possible because I think windows could use the info I'm about to give and I...
  4. Firewall recommended settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall recommended settings: Hello community, I would like to have secured system. I am using Malwarebytes free alongside MS defender. Are there other tips to manage on my system to be more safe? Also whats best settings of Firewall's? What have to be there ruled and managed? I am quite far away...
  5. Firewall and default apps are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Firewall and default apps are not working: Few months back my xbox bar was not working. Then I tried to reinstall it through Microsoft Store but I just can't reinstall it. Then after few days Microsoft Store stopped working. It just won't open. I reset it through Settings->Apps but it still won't open. Then I...
  6. Cannot restore firewall settings to recommended setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot restore firewall settings to recommended setting: I cannot connect to the internet on my windows 10 PC says firewall setting unable to set to recommended setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-restore-firewall-settings-to-recommended/56c847a6-f5fd-4cae-90d3-da60f9c3d379
  7. Firewall and System Settings.

Firewall and System Settings.: I blocked all incoming and outgoing connections in the windows fire wall settings,since then the Microsoft store won't sign in, windows start menu won't show when clicked, and System settings won't open. How do I re-enable those options without allowing there to be any open...
  8. Cannot switch on Firewall

Cannot switch on Firewall: Hi there I am going around in circles trying to fix this. I am unable to access things like my photos, which I need for work. When trying to 'use recommended settings' (my only choice), I get the following error message: windows defender firewall can't change some of your...
  9. firewall settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    firewall settings: I want to know how I can allow "coreldraw2017 whats the font" to be used on my desktop, it is being blocked by my firewall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-settings/af29a469-3dbb-4fe3-bf7c-4a820edeabb3"
  10. FIrewall and proxy settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FIrewall and proxy settings: Good day! I am trying to figure out why I am having connection problems when I am trying to download content. I get a message saying that it could be my firewall or proxy settings that are preventing the download. I have checked over everything numerous times. I have a solid...