Windows 10: [ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP

Discus and support [ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm trying to block incoming connections for specific IP addresses. But any inbound rules doesn't work. Even if I remove all inbound rules remote... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by S. Toker, Sep 9, 2018.

1. S. Toker Win User

[ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP

I'm trying to block incoming connections for specific IP addresses. But any inbound rules doesn't work. Even if I remove all inbound rules remote computer can still connect.

Here is what I did:

1- I defined a rule to allow all incoming connections.

Rule settings as below:

[ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP dc66842a-ed85-4012-9501-04fd5ac29719?upload=true.png

[ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP 5f071ae0-19a7-4a9f-817b-3e4bbe3ce3c2?upload=true.png

[ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP f0761500-6a30-49d6-a76a-34defb112038?upload=true.png

2- I defined a second rule to block all incoming connections from some specific IP addresses.

Rule settings as below:

[ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP a2a8ec87-c061-4392-9f86-ea6f6d0b8032?upload=true.png

[ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP 66138621-b0d3-414c-98a5-84ee50f386ae?upload=true.png

[ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP 21678420-1452-477c-b2fe-83857f27af46?upload=true.png

[ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP 801ebb3c-0e6c-41b8-b227-64172d4e548f?upload=true.png

[ Moved from: Windows 10 / Network & internet ]

:)

S. Toker, Sep 9, 2018
  2. mike1127 Win User

firewall rule to block addresses NOT on an IP list?

I am just starting to learn the Windows Firewall (working on both Windows 7 and 10) and I'm not impressed with the inflexibility of its rules. I would like to know if

1. Is there is a way to do what I want with Windows Firewall?
    2. Is there is a third-party firewall that would do it?

What I want to do is create a rule that blocks outgoing connections, for program X, that are to a destination **NOT** in an IP list.

Windows Firewall is not very flexible in how you specify IP list rules. When you give an IP list, your rule will match that list... you can't say "trigger the rule for non-matching IP addresses." Therefore to allow outgoing connections to a list, you have to

1. Change the entire firewall policy to block outgoing connections by default so that you can create an "allow rule" matching your list. This will mess up the rest of your programs.

2. Somehow combine a block rule and allow rule. Create a block rule for most traffic, with the "allow" rule overriding it when appropriate. However, this doesn't appear to be possible in general. It **may** be possible for connections that use IPSec, I'm not sure. And I'm not sure if I can use IPSec in my application.

And is there a third-party firewall that can do it? Most 3rd-party firewalls are LESS sophisticated than Windows Firewall, because the use case they are addressing is providing an interface that doesn't require much comprehension. I need one that's actually MORE sophisticated than Windows Firewall.

mike1127, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Arctucas Win User
    Windows Firewall blocking websites

I have blocked IP addresses, e.g. 255.255.255.255, not URLs, e.g. somewebsite.co m.

As far as unblocking, look at your Windows Firewall rules. Do you see anything that is blocked? If you do, click on the Scope tab and see what is listed there.

Arctucas, Sep 9, 2018
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Firewall that can block specific IPs?

Is there a firewall or any tool out there that I can use to block specific IPs? There's this guy I want to ban from my Quake server but Quake only supports banning a single IP, and this guy has 3 IPs and a network of proxies he can connect through, so I would like a firewall where I can blacklist his IPs.

Thema:

1. [ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP - Similar Threads - Firewall Cant block

2. Windows Firewall: Domain. Incoming connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall: Domain. Incoming connections: Windows Pro 22H2 19045.3324Windows FirewallUnable to set Domain to All inbound connections are blocked.Receiving incoming connections where source is my pc. UDP.Dest port 443. Dest IP:104.18.1.2142.251.163.9135.244.232.184142.250.9.93Why am I unable to block all incoming?How...
  3. Windows Firewall: Domain. Incoming connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firewall: Domain. Incoming connections: Windows Pro 22H2 19045.3324Windows FirewallUnable to set Domain to All inbound connections are blocked.Receiving incoming connections where source is my pc. UDP.Dest port 443. Dest IP:104.18.1.2142.251.163.9135.244.232.184142.250.9.93Why am I unable to block all incoming?How...
  4. Windows Firewall: Domain. Incoming connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Suspicious incoming network connection blocked........................The source IP address...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious incoming network connection blocked........................The source IP address...: The wording in the Subject above is showing on my McAfee Internet Suite under Security History. McAfee says there are 150,000. Is this something I need to be worried about? If the answer is no, is this normal , or is there something I can do to correct this? Windows 10...
  6. Should The Firewall Block All Incoming Connections?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should The Firewall Block All Incoming Connections?: Im reviewing my firewall rules and noticed that a lot of apps are allowed inbound. Is there a reason an app needs this or can I disable all incoming connections completely? What are the tradeoffs and security risks with having some apps be allowed incoming on the Windows 10...
  7. Incoming connections in Windows Firewall Properties

Incoming connections in Windows Firewall Properties: Hello friends of the forum Ten! First of all, I apologize for my bad English ... I have been with you for a while and I have to say that this forum is wonderful. I write to you directly from Brazil and I would like to know if you could help me with something that I have tried...
  8. Block incoming connections

Block incoming connections: Hi, I have a netgear router and the router log shows it is detecting and hopefully blocking incoming connections like port scans or DoS attacks. But McAfee running on my Win10 machine shows it is also blocking connections from external computers around the world trying to...
  9. Incoming connections blocked

Incoming connections blocked: Hi, I am having an issue where I can connect to and access shared folders on other windows computers on the same network but when they try to access my computer(via network places, run command with the IP and with the computer name) it is giving me the error "Windows cannot...
  10. [ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP

[ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP: I'm trying to block incoming connections for specific IP addresses. But any inbound rules doesn't work. Even if I remove all inbound rules remote computer can still connect. Here is what I did: 1- I defined a rule to allow all incoming connections. Rule settings as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows firewall cannot block ip

2. windows defender firewall block ip address

3. windows firewall doesnt block ip