Windows 10: Windows Firewall; Can't start service

Discus and support Windows Firewall; Can't start service in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; As title says it, I can't start Windows Firewall. I changed permissions in registry so now I can at least run BFE, as it wasn't running before, but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ArturRom, May 29, 2020.

1. ArturRom Win User

Windows Firewall; Can't start service

As title says it, I can't start Windows Firewall. I changed permissions in registry so now I can at least run BFE, as it wasn't running before, but firewall is still stuck in "Starting" stage. No fixes seem to help.
    Windows Firewall; Can't start service b777933b-fcc4-4dd6-9137-faf324b4d915?upload=true.png

:)

ArturRom, May 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 Firewall won't keep my inbound/outbound rules

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the Windows Firewall. I will certainly assist you.

I suggest you to restart the Windows firewall service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Press Windows key + R simultaneously for Run.
    • Type services.msc and then Enter.
    • Right click on the Windows firewall services and then restart the services and check if it helps.
    If the issue still persists then I suggest you to remove and then read the Windows fire wall rule.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, May 29, 2020
  3. Windows Firewall service not starting after Creator's Update

We have extracted the working Registry files of Windows Firewall and Base Filtering Engine. We suggest that you download the Registry files first. After downloading the files, follow the steps below:

Registry files:

Installing a Registry File:

• Download the files.
    • Boot to Safe Mode.
    • Double-click the downloaded files.
    • Click Yes when prompted.
    • The downloaded files are now being merged into your system.
    Please update us with the result and let us know if you need further help.

Eileen Gal, May 29, 2020
  4. Windows Firewall; Can't start service

Windows Firewall service not starting after Creator's Update

Windows Firewall acts as the initial defense against malware. It is always recommended to keep it turned
    ON. To resolve your concern, we suggest changing the DWORD value in the Registry to set it as
    Automatic. To do this, follow the steps listed below:

• Type regedit in the Search bar and press
      Enter
      . Click Yes on the next prompt.
    • Copy and paste the below Registry location in the Registry address bar:
      Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MpsSvc.

Windows Firewall; Can't start service 60755cc3-5e94-4bb4-a746-c209387317d8.jpg

• Click on Start and type the number (2) in the Value data then click OK.
    • Restart your PC.
    If you need further assistance, just don't hesitate to let us know.

Eileen Gal, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows Firewall; Can't start service

1. Windows Firewall; Can't start service - Similar Threads - Firewall Can't start

2. The windows defender firewall service refuses to start.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The windows defender firewall service refuses to start.: Hello, i have started having a problem with the Windows defender firewall. When i try to restore it's defaults using the control panel, i get this screen: [ATTACH] And when i press 'Use recommended settings' it gives me this error: [ATTACH] When I try to start it through...
  3. Windows Firewall service not starting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Firewall service not starting: so the story goes back to a week when i pirated malware bytes anti malware and i think that is the reason why this has happen.The pirated zip file contained a executable and the pirate said to run this as admin i did it because he was a trusted pirated however i can tell that...
  4. Can't start Windows Defender Firewall

Can't start Windows Defender Firewall: I can't start Windows Defender Firewall. The ON/OFF switch is greyed out. How do I turn on this option? It may or may not be a coincidence that my Norton Internet Security firewall is also turned off and I can't set that back on. [img] 167152
  5. can't start firewall

can't start firewall: Hi, every one Jack here I currently work in technical support and repair in electronics teaching. I have been visiting here for some years now. I've been using Windows since the windows 3.0 era (with the exception of 8), and been doing customization as well in order to gain...
  6. Windows Firewall wont start from services

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall wont start from services: Hello, I have a problem. When I try to open Windows Firewall from services it shows error message 'Windows could not start the windows defender firewall service on local computer Error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start' This problem started with no...
  7. Windows Firewall can't start and can't be fixed

Windows Firewall can't start and can't be fixed: My Windows Firewall can't started correctly. The service always start and stop every half second, and I received many the systemlogs like this: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System>< Provider Name="Service Control Manager"...
  8. Can't start windows firewall

Can't start windows firewall: [img] Malwarebytes turned off windows firewall. That was good because MWB really fixed some issues. But now i cant turn it back on. If you look in the image when i hit restore settings nothing happens. I tried in safe mode and ran sfc /scannow and still nothing I would...
  9. Can't Start Windows W10 Firewall

Can't Start Windows W10 Firewall: Just spent a week trying to start the W10 firewall. Dozens of Google recommended solutions but none work. Yes, Services reports it's automatic but it isn't running. Simply get an error message when I try to start it. Anyone else have the problem or a solution? Already ran sfc...
  10. Can't start Windows Firewall service

Can't start Windows Firewall service: When I try to turn it on, it just keeps loading and eventually do nothing. [img] And when I try to start the service in the "Services.msc" I get the error: [img] Tranlation: 'Can't start the Windows Firewall on yout Local computer. Consult the systemlogs for more...