Windows 10: Windows firewall control

Discus and support Windows firewall control in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is this advisable for an average skilled user or is the native firewall ok by itself? 106321 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by maranna, Mar 18, 2018.

1. maranna Win User

Windows firewall control

Is this advisable for an average skilled user or is the native firewall ok by itself?

:)

maranna, Mar 18, 2018
  2. Linney Win User

Why can I not stay connected to my homegroup?

What Firewall are you using? Is it the Built in Windows Firewall?

If so, see Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Firewall.

There are several options down the left hand side of that page that you can try, including "Restore defaults".

You could also test with the Firewall turned off.

Linney, Mar 18, 2018
  3. Windows 10 firewall control

Hello,

Please provide us more information to help you better:

• What is the exact issue that you receive?

• When you say Windows firewall control, are you referring to default windows firewall or any third party software?

• Can you provide a screen shot of the issue for better understanding of the issue?

Reply with the necessary information to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 18, 2018
  4. Windows firewall control

Myself and numerous others here are running with Windows Defender and Windows Firewall. Some, maybe all, use Malwarebytes along side. I do know it's working well for me.

Much of your choice will revolve around your personal browsing habits, email reception, and just plain comfort level and confidence in what you're doing.

Wiley Coyote, Mar 18, 2018
  5. maranna Win User
    Because it gave you more control I wonder if it was advisable however I will leave it as is and I too have MBAM

maranna, Mar 18, 2018
  6. The default Windows Firewall changes rules at will and does not block outbound by default.

WFC (from Binisoft/Sphinx/Glasswire/etc) will let you control, which software you want to allow.

TairikuOkami, Mar 18, 2018
  7. maranna Win User
    Thank you and I love your quote; I wish everyone felt that way. I am going to check it out.

maranna, Mar 18, 2018
  8. Windows firewall control

The Default Windows Firewall does permit the end user to create rules and they do in fact work.

Josey Wales, Mar 18, 2018
  9. maranna Win User
    What do you think of this virtual private Network and supposed to none because it is so easy I was confused about that terms of service it says it's free and I see 300 megabytes of data

maranna, Mar 18, 2018
  10. Free VPNs usually allow only a limited amount of data for free, yet they call it "free". *Rolleyes

SecurityKISS - Free VPN Service

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows firewall control

1. Windows firewall control - Similar Threads - firewall control

2. Windows Firewall Control Without Updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall Control Without Updating: If I never update windows firewall control for long time, is windows firewall control still work? Because I heard new updates might not be compatible....
  3. Windows Firewall Control Without Updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firewall Control Without Updating: If I never update windows firewall control for long time, is windows firewall control still work? Because I heard new updates might not be compatible....
  4. Windows 10 Firewall Control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Firewall Control: This is a program I've been using for several years, and I'm planning on moving it (paid version) to the win 10 machine I just finished. What are opinions of this firewall? It works with the firewall included with Windows and monitors outbound traffic. System files are...
  5. Do I need "Control Center.exe? Firewall blocked it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do I need "Control Center.exe? Firewall blocked it.: I have a Netgear A7000 Nighthawk AC1900 router. Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of control center.exe with this message: The message is "This app has already been blocked or unblocked for a different network type" I don't understand the message. My...
  6. "Windows Defender" and the "Firewall-Control" in Win 10 doesn't start anymore?

"Windows Defender" and the "Firewall-Control" in Win 10 doesn't start anymore?: Hi, Leutz! Following problem: Since a few days the Defender does not start at boot-up (Win 10) I just installed the "2004" update, hoping that something will change, but: NIX! I followed all tips & tricks at Google and Youtube, also with "Regedit". What else could I do?!...
  7. User Account Control prompting to allow changes to Windows Defender Firewall

User Account Control prompting to allow changes to Windows Defender Firewall: Recently User Account Control prompting to allow changes to Windows Defender Firewall. It appears to be happening on Windows 10 machines so far. Is this something to be alarmed about?...
  8. Software with a better GUI to control the Windows firewall?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Software with a better GUI to control the Windows firewall?: Hey, I was just wondering if there was a nice little piece of software that works like an extension of the Windows firewall, something you can easily open and see what's running / has been allowed / quickly change settings. The native interface feels a bit clunky, scrolling...
  9. Office web site for Window Firewall Control

Office web site for Window Firewall Control: I would like to know on whether following link is official web site for window firewall control or not, and would it be safe to download? https://www.binisoft.org/wfc Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  10. firewall or "controlled folder access'.

in Windows 10 Customization
    firewall or "controlled folder access'.: I don't know when problem started. Recently went into Family Tree Maker to do update. Windows does not allow. Even after turning off or disabling all firewall and virus settings and resetting. Trying to do update corrupts the application. 'Unauthorized changes blocked.'...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. {78E1CD88-49E3-476E-B926-580E596AD309}

2. what is 78e1cd88-49e3-476e-b926-580e596ad309

3. windows is damaged or irrelevant

4. what is 78e1cd88 49e3 476e b926 580e596ad309,
  5. windows firewall has detected that your Windows 10 is damaged or irrelevant,
  6. w10 firewallwhat is {78e1cd88-49e3-476e-b926-580e596ad309},
  7. Windows Firewall has detected that your Windows 10 is Damaged and irrelevant.,
  8. 78e1cd88-49e3-476e-b926-580e596ad309