Windows 10: Windows Firewall doesn't alert on inbound connection

Discus and support Windows Firewall doesn't alert on inbound connection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, many years I use 3rd part firewall software but now I am back to Windows Firewall. When there is an inbound connection (a server that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pipppero2007, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Windows Firewall doesn't alert on inbound connection

Hi all,

many years I use 3rd part firewall software but now I am back to Windows Firewall.

When there is an inbound connection (a server that receive a connection from outside) Windows Firewall should notify and altert the user to accept (and make the rule) or decline the inbound connection.

That is the behaviour that I know Windows Firewall should have and I remember in the Win XP times that it was so.

Today I ran FILEZILLA FTP SERVER and I set it.

I ran a client in my LAN to connect to the server... NO ALERT... CAN'T CONNECT.

I ran another client (to be sure)... NO ALERT... CAN'T CONNECT.

So I make myself the rule for the service and... IT'S CONNECTED!!!

So firewall why didn't alert when it receive a connection???

Thank you...

:)

Pipppero2007, Sep 15, 2016

2. Will Win10-1709 firewall failure be fixed?

In "Control Panel":

'Windows Firewall' > 'Advanced settings' > opens "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" dialog.

In "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" dialog:

'Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on Local Computer' (top frame of center panel) > 'Windows Firewall Properties" (link, at bottom of top frame of center panel) > opens "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on Local Computer Pro..." dialog.

In "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on Local Computer Pro..." dialog:

'Domain Profile' (tab) > 'Inbound connections:' Block (default) & 'Outbound connections:'
    Block.

'Private Profile' (tab) > 'Inbound connections:' Block (default) & 'Outbound connections:'
    Block.

'Public Profile' (tab) > 'Inbound connections:' Block (default) & 'Outbound connections:'
    Block.

MarkFilipak.Windows, Sep 15, 2016
  3. graye Win User
    Will Win10-1709 firewall failure be fixed?

In "Control Panel":

'Windows Firewall' > 'Advanced settings' > opens "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" dialog.

In "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" dialog:

'Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on Local Computer' (top frame of center panel) > 'Windows Firewall Properties" (link, at bottom of top frame of center panel) > opens "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on Local Computer Pro..." dialog.

In "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on Local Computer Pro..." dialog:

'Domain Profile' (tab) > 'Inbound connections:' Block (default) & 'Outbound connections:'
    Block.

'Private Profile' (tab) > 'Inbound connections:' Block (default) & 'Outbound connections:'
    Block.

'Public Profile' (tab) > 'Inbound connections:' Block (default) & 'Outbound connections:'
    Block.

...and which profile is active (domain, private, or public)?

For me... only the Private profile has outbound rules for Ping

graye, Sep 15, 2016
Thema:

Windows Firewall doesn't alert on inbound connection

1. Windows Firewall doesn't alert on inbound connection - Similar Threads - Firewall doesn't alert

2. Microsoft Windows firewall alert!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows firewall alert!: Microsoft Windows Firewall Alert! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-firewall-alert/91965767-fff2-49fd-aae6-a6d90e2c124d
  3. Microsoft Windows firewall alert!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Windows firewall alert!: Microsoft Windows Firewall Alert! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-firewall-alert/91965767-fff2-49fd-aae6-a6d90e2c124d
  4. Microsoft Windows firewall alert!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why is Windows Defender Firewall blocking an inbound port?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows Defender Firewall blocking an inbound port?: I have Windows 11 and am using Xfinity as my ISP. I have port forwarded Port 2346 in my router.In Defender Firewall I have set up an Inbound Rule for Port 2346 to "Allow the connection."Defender Firewall is still blocking the port. I know it is Defender Firewall because if I...
  6. Why is Windows Defender Firewall blocking an inbound port?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows Defender Firewall blocking an inbound port?: I have Windows 11 and am using Xfinity as my ISP. I have port forwarded Port 2346 in my router.In Defender Firewall I have set up an Inbound Rule for Port 2346 to "Allow the connection."Defender Firewall is still blocking the port. I know it is Defender Firewall because if I...
  7. Firewall inbound/outbound rules not working well on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firewall inbound/outbound rules not working well on windows 10: So I decided to block internet access to a "launcher" application that updates regularly before starting my video game. It will connect to the internet and give me latest news about the game etc, which I don't want. I went to firewall advanced settings and made a new rule to...
  8. Windows Firewall Not Accepting A New Outbound/ Inbound Rule

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall Not Accepting A New Outbound/ Inbound Rule: Hello Folks, I tried doing everything right from the complete computer scan to the system file check using command prompt to dism check to even using the firewall troubleshooter available at this link:...
  9. Windows Defender Firewall Security Alert

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender Firewall Security Alert: I got a Windows Security Alert Saying Windows Defender Firewallhas blocked some features of Google Chrome on all public private networks. Name: Google Chrome Says: This app has already been blocked or unblocked for a different network type. Allow Google Chrome to...
  10. Inbound Firewall Rule that Blocks

in Windows 10 Customization
    Inbound Firewall Rule that Blocks: Please help me understand how the 2 Inbound Rules created by MMC actually operate. Action, Enabled, Service, Program, Protocol Block, Yes, Any, C:\windows\system32\mmc.exe, TCP Block, Yes, Any, C:\windows\system32\mmc.exe, UDP If these...