Windows 10: Windows Firewall Equivalent IPTABLES MANGLE rules

Discus and support Windows Firewall Equivalent IPTABLES MANGLE rules in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Are there firewall rules for Windows 10 or Windows Server that are equivalent to Linux iptables mangle rules? Linux iptables mangle rules can combine... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jim Rounsville, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Windows Firewall Equivalent IPTABLES MANGLE rules

Are there firewall rules for Windows 10 or Windows Server that are equivalent to Linux iptables mangle rules?

Linux iptables mangle rules can combine source IP, destination IP, protocol, tcp/udp port number to set "mangling" rules for TOS, TTL, MARK, TCPMSS, etc. in a single command.

Here are examples of iptables mangle rules:

iptables -t mangle -A FORWARD -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -j TCPMSS --set-mss 1452

iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -d xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -p tcp --sport 80 -j TTL --ttl-set 4-t = table name

-A = append

-p = protocol --sport = source port, --tcp-flags xxx,xxx xxx

-j = jump target TTL = Time to Live of the packet

-d = destination

Is there a way to set the same rules using netsh in powershell?

:)

Jim Rounsville, Nov 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 Firewall won't keep my inbound/outbound rules

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the Windows Firewall. I will certainly assist you.

I suggest you to restart the Windows firewall service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Press Windows key + R simultaneously for Run.
    • Type services.msc and then Enter.
    • Right click on the Windows firewall services and then restart the services and check if it helps.
    If the issue still persists then I suggest you to remove and then read the Windows fire wall rule.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 16, 2020
  3. When I try from WAN to access VPN through Linux gateway installed with iptables firewall then it wont work

Original Title: VPN and IPtables

Dear

I have setup a vpn server on windows 10 following this tutorial

It works fine when i use from LAN. But when I try from WAN to access VPN through Linux gateway installed with iptables firewall then It wont work. The thing i am missing is proper iptables rule to forward the traffic to vpn server. Please guide.

Regards

Athar Kaleem, Nov 16, 2020
  4. TwuTu Win User

Windows Firewall Equivalent IPTABLES MANGLE rules

Windows Firewall: Doesn't show blocking rules

Hello!

Today I've blocked all connections of a program by creating a outbound rule in Windows Firewall. However, I now wish to remove it. The problem: I can't find that newly created rule anywhere in the list. The rule does take an effect, since deactivating the
    Firewall lets the program run properly. I can only see rules in the list that "allow" stuff, but not those who block things.

What I have tried so far:

- All filters set to "Show all" within the Firewall

- Created the same rule again, doesn't show up

- Created a rule that allows the program, shows up

Any solutions?

TwuTu, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows Firewall Equivalent IPTABLES MANGLE rules

1. Windows Firewall Equivalent IPTABLES MANGLE rules - Similar Threads - Firewall Equivalent IPTABLES

2. Windows Firewall Outbound rules

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall Outbound rules: I set windows firewall to block all inbound and outbound connections on all profiles Public, Domain, and Private. I then created an outbound rule for one specific program that i want to allow through. I am looking at 2 computers, both with the exact same firewall rules. One...
  3. Windows Firewall Outbound rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall Outbound rules: I set windows firewall to block all inbound and outbound connections on all profiles Public, Domain, and Private. I then created an outbound rule for one specific program that i want to allow through. I am looking at 2 computers, both with the exact same firewall rules. One...
  4. Firewall windows 8 rules

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firewall windows 8 rules: Hi I would like ask about Firewall in Windows 8 .When I create new out coming rules for browser .I need create 2 rules for TCP and UDP .Or will be enough create one rule for TCP.Firewall do not allow create one rules for both TCP/UDP Also I do not know if only TCP Rules is...
  5. Firewall rules

Firewall rules: [ATTACH] Does this symbol mean I have blocked outbound traffic for an application? If so why did the app just check for an update and confirm its current version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-rules/870791a0-328a-4d5c-ad0a-be99f93dfdb0
  6. Windows Firewall Rules Cleaner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall Rules Cleaner: I don't use a third party firewall. I just use Windows Firewall. I find it to be quite good and easy to use. It is even good at manually adding rules. The only negative I see is that there is no built-in way of cleaning redundant or duplicate Windows Firewall Rules, and over...
  7. Firewall Rules

Firewall Rules: Can you setup exceptions for firewall rules? For example, if I have a port blocked inbound for ALL via GPO, can I create an exception to that rule to allow just certain IP addresses to get through the port being blocked? Win 10 ENT in a domain environment....
  8. Firewall rules

Firewall rules: I accidentally deleted outbound windows firewall rules. Will these reappear? Can this be dangerous? Please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/firewall-rules/1f7cbdda-d9e2-435a-96cb-6caef7699b88"
  9. Firewall rules resetting

Firewall rules resetting: For some reason I'm not able to keep my firewall settings saved. Specifically, apps that I allow through the firewall whether through prompt or control panel reset back to "not allowed.' I think this is happening after each update. It's extremely frustrating as I primarily...
  10. Windows Firewall Rules

Windows Firewall Rules: I was looking at Windows Firewall with Adv Security and noticed 11 individual but seemingly identical entries for Microsoft Solitaire Collection. The default rules were to allow all. First, why 11? And second, why all any at all? Ditto for Stick Notes, Microsoft Phone,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 like iptables