Windows 10: Windows Firewall Exceptions

Discus and support Windows Firewall Exceptions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have three computers on Local Area Network Computer "A" is Win10 and runs database Engine and stores Data Files - The Database Engine is listed as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lee_A_B, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Lee_A_B Win User

Windows Firewall Exceptions

I have three computers on Local Area Network

Computer "A" is Win10 and runs database Engine and stores Data Files - The Database Engine is listed as Firewall Exception.

Computer "B" is Win7 and runs a program that makes TCP/IP requests for data to database engine on computer "A"

Computer "C" is Win10 and runs a program that makes TCP/IP requests for data to database engine on computer "A"

Am able to communicate with server on "A" from "B" with no problem

Am not able to communicate with "A" from "C" - database engine does not respond.

Is there a firewall setting on "A" that prevents a specific computer from communicating with its database engine?

:)

Lee_A_B, Sep 27, 2018

2. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Sep 27, 2018
  3. David_203 Win User
    Windows firewall

I followed the steps and troubleshooter could not identify the problem. No changes were made to my computer since the problem started, except for a windows update or two.

David_203, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Windows Firewall Exceptions

windows firewall question

yes i am sure i am having no issues with a router. this is at my work. and i only have issues with the windows 7 firewall.

as for adding ports, i do it the same as what is listed in your picture.

THRiLL KiLL, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows Firewall Exceptions

1. Windows Firewall Exceptions - Similar Threads - Firewall Exceptions

2. where is the firewall exception list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is the firewall exception list: I'm getting unsupported protocol. how do I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-firewall-exception-list/d7f39212-2826-43fe-baca-3d89e321a787
  3. where is the firewall exception list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is the firewall exception list: I'm getting unsupported protocol. how do I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-firewall-exception-list/d7f39212-2826-43fe-baca-3d89e321a787
  4. windows defender firewall cannot add "" to the list of exceptions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender firewall cannot add "" to the list of exceptions: I'm at "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Defender Firewall\Allowed apps" for some reason even if I click the button "Change settings" it wont let me tick/untick the boxes, Also when I click "Allow another app" and choose a file it just shows me an error saying...
  5. windows defender firewall cannot add "" to the list of exceptions

windows defender firewall cannot add "" to the list of exceptions: I'm at "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Defender Firewall\Allowed apps" for some reason even if I click the button "Change settings" it wont let me tick/untick the boxes, Also when I click "Allow another app" and choose a file it just shows me an error saying...
  6. Windows Defender Firewall - Program exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall - Program exception: Hi,I am trying to define a program exception in Windows Defender Firewall on clients using a Domain Profile.The program is located on a network share.The problem is that every time the program gets updated the exe-file has a new name.For instance fof20020.exe.I've tried to...
  7. Windows Defender Firewall - Program exception

Windows Defender Firewall - Program exception: Hi,I am trying to define a program exception in Windows Defender Firewall on clients using a Domain Profile.The program is located on a network share.The problem is that every time the program gets updated the exe-file has a new name.For instance fof20020.exe.I've tried to...
  8. Windows Defender Firewall - Program exception

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Exception policy for Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exception policy for Windows Defender Firewall: Hello Team,I believe you're doing well & keeping safe.I'm using an RPA tool to send emails to business. Sending email to business via tool is happening for more than 6 months. But all of sudden it has stopped working. We investigated the issue & found access is getting...
  10. Mail and Calendar App missing from Firewall Exception App list

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mail and Calendar App missing from Firewall Exception App list: Somehow the Mail and Calendar option missing from Firewall App exceptions list. Thus, The Mail and Calendar will not connect with Outlook servers without disabling the firewall. Anyone know how to re-add it or find the file path? Thanks in advanced!...