Windows 10: WIndows Firewall failed to start, cannot be started from Services, no fixes work

Discus and support WIndows Firewall failed to start, cannot be started from Services, no fixes work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, I began receiving alerts that Windows Defender Firewall failed to start. It happens when I start my PC, every time. If I try to open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TJDX, May 28, 2022.

1. TJDX Win User

WIndows Firewall failed to start, cannot be started from Services, no fixes work

Recently, I began receiving alerts that Windows Defender Firewall failed to start. It happens when I start my PC, every time. If I try to open the Firewall from Security, I get the "a new app is required to open this windowsdefender link" popup. If I try to start it from Cortana, Cortana closes immediately I disabled Cortana ages ago but re-enablng it doesn't do a thingThe "Windows Security" app from the Start Menu won't even run. The "Windows Security Settings" app from the Start Menu DOES run. I get this - Clicking "Account Protection" shows this every time: I've tried every solution I can

:)

2. trodas Win User

Installer service fail to start

...any idas how to fix that problem?

Windows 2000 SP 4 here. After some tweakings and problems (including removal od some spyware and stuff) my Installer service can't be started. Hence, for example, installing anything is not possible. And, for example, FF can't use the M$ java, so...

Anyone know, what to do, beside reinstall, to make it working again?

The C:\WINNT\system32\msiexec.exe /V file is here. The service is not disabled, it is on manual. However when in services I choose to start it, then in fail to and report that "service did not return any error", so it might be a Windows itself fault *Bang Head :banghead:

Damn. Anyone having some ideas, what to test?

trodas, May 28, 2022
  3. Windows Firewall Not Started and Will Not Start - Error Code 0x6D9

I've been down the road suggested by sml156 before installing Zonealarm. (Not being able to start the firewall is why I got ZoneAlarm in the first place.) Not only did sfc /scannow not find or fix anything, DISM failed because the windows firewall service was not started.

The other part of this issue on my laptops is that Cortana and several of the new "modern" apps, particularly calculator, sticky notes, and photo viewer, stopped working at the same time. The modern apps are less of an issue because most of the Win 7 versions can still be installed and substituted.

TheRedBaron, May 28, 2022
  4. Edito Win User

WIndows Firewall failed to start, cannot be started from Services, no fixes work

Dependencey Service Failed To start

Hi ppl hope everthigs good there cause im not at all, i turned on my computer yesterday and got network errors like this: in the network icon only appear statys:unknown and below that appear the dependency service or group failed to start and i don't have any network service working in my computer and i tried to start them manually and nothing lots off errors tried to start Diagnostic Policy, dhcp and other network services and nothing any help will be appreciated...

Thanks in advance...

Edito, May 28, 2022
Thema:

1. WIndows Firewall failed to start, cannot be started from Services, no fixes work - Similar Threads - Firewall failed start

2. WIndows Firewall failed to start, cannot be started from Services, no fixes work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows Firewall failed to start, cannot be started from Services, no fixes work: Recently, I began receiving alerts that Windows Defender Firewall failed to start. It happens when I start my PC, every time. If I try to open the Firewall from Security, I get the "a new app is required to open this windowsdefender link" popup. If I try to start it from...
  3. WIndows Firewall failed to start, cannot be started from Services, no fixes work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WIndows Firewall failed to start, cannot be started from Services, no fixes work: Recently, I began receiving alerts that Windows Defender Firewall failed to start. It happens when I start my PC, every time. If I try to open the Firewall from Security, I get the "a new app is required to open this windowsdefender link" popup. If I try to start it from...
  4. Cannot Start Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Start Windows Firewall: Hi!So my computer has been going through a lot this past week and I will include a TL;DR somewhere around this post, but keep reading if you want because I'll try to explain my situation as clearly as possible because I think windows could use the info I'm about to give and I...
  5. The windows defender firewall service refuses to start.

The windows defender firewall service refuses to start.: Hello, i have started having a problem with the Windows defender firewall. When i try to restore it's defaults using the control panel, i get this screen: [ATTACH] And when i press 'Use recommended settings' it gives me this error: [ATTACH] When I try to start it through...
  6. Windows Firewall service not starting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Firewall service not starting: so the story goes back to a week when i pirated malware bytes anti malware and i think that is the reason why this has happen.The pirated zip file contained a executable and the pirate said to run this as admin i did it because he was a trusted pirated however i can tell that...
  7. Windows Firewall; Can't start service

Windows Firewall; Can't start service: As title says it, I can't start Windows Firewall. I changed permissions in registry so now I can at least run BFE, as it wasn't running before, but firewall is still stuck in "Starting" stage. No fixes seem to help.[ATTACH]...
  8. Windows Firewall wont start from services

Windows Firewall wont start from services: Hello, I have a problem. When I try to open Windows Firewall from services it shows error message 'Windows could not start the windows defender firewall service on local computer Error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start' This problem started with no...
  9. Can't start Windows Firewall service

Can't start Windows Firewall service: When I try to turn it on, it just keeps loading and eventually do nothing. [img] And when I try to start the service in the "Services.msc" I get the error: [img] Tranlation: 'Can't start the Windows Firewall on yout Local computer. Consult the systemlogs for more...
  10. ERROR 1068: Cannot start Firewall service

ERROR 1068: Cannot start Firewall service: After running windows in safe mode to test something my firewall stopped working. I need some help since i could not find anything related to this issue on Win10. When i try to initialize windows Firewall service i get the message error 1068 and when i try to run it through...