Windows 10: " windows firewall has blocked some features of this program"

Discus and support " windows firewall has blocked some features of this program" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i keep getting this message - it also says "this computer is blocked" "call 888.890.4333" critical alert.... system detected.... "... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rebecca koehler-jalbert, Sep 8, 2020.

1. " windows firewall has blocked some features of this program"

i keep getting this message - it also says "this computer is blocked"
    "call 888.890.4333" critical alert.... system detected.... "

:)

rebecca koehler-jalbert, Sep 8, 2020

2. FIREWALL IS BLOCKING CERTAIN PROGRAMS

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

One of the most common problems when using a network firewall is that it sometimes blocks network traffic that you want to allow.

Please follow the below step to troubleshoot with the issue:

• Open the “Control Panel“.
    • Select “System and Security.
    • In the Windows Firewall section, select “Allow a program through Windows Firewall“.
    • Unchecking the box to the left of the application name disallows it from accessing network resources, while checking it allows access.
    • If the program you wish to block or unblock is not listed, you can click the “Allow another program…” button to add it. Choose the application in the list and select “Add“. If the program is not in this list, use the “Browse…
      button to select the program file manually.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Arctucas Win User
    Windows Firewall blocking websites

I have blocked IP addresses, e.g. 255.255.255.255, not URLs, e.g. somewebsite.co m.

As far as unblocking, look at your Windows Firewall rules. Do you see anything that is blocked? If you do, click on the Scope tab and see what is listed there.

Arctucas, Sep 8, 2020
  4. " windows firewall has blocked some features of this program"

I need a firewall that allows me to easily block / unblock programs.

Remind us all of your Windows version?

lexluthermiester, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

" windows firewall has blocked some features of this program"

1. " windows firewall has blocked some features of this program" - Similar Threads - firewall has blocked

2. Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app: I receive the error message "Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app". Normally I assume to be able to unblock the app. But the prompt does not have an option to do so.How can I unblock this app? Or how do I get back the checkboxes to unblock the app?...
  3. Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app: I receive the error message "Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app". Normally I assume to be able to unblock the app. But the prompt does not have an option to do so.How can I unblock this app? Or how do I get back the checkboxes to unblock the app?...
  4. Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app??: What happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall-has-blocked-some/22ff75ea-2a87-4b03-a8b4-de633ce746cc
  5. Windows firewall has blocked some features

Windows firewall has blocked some features: I've been getting that randomly and it's so annoying I've checked my laptop for viruses and malwares and there wasn't any I even asked support center via twitter still didn't yet It has unknown and has many zeros and I have no idea what it means...
  6. Defender firewall has blocked some features of Avast...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Defender firewall has blocked some features of Avast...: I got a popup stating that defender firewall has blocked some features of Avast. It was after a Quality update on 08/11. I have searched here and through Google for other questions or/and responses and am not finding any other mentions of this. Can I allow access or is this...
  7. Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app: I get the message above everytime I launch a new application and I’m confused as to what to choose. For this case specifically, it’s for a multiplayer game. Should I cancel or allow access to private networks, public networks, or both? Would anyone care to explain what...
  8. "Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features...." repeats

"Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features...." repeats: Windows 10 v1909 There are 3 programs/apps on my NUC system that for some reason I regularly get "Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app" and I have to give permission to proceed. I have also manually allowed these apps through the firewall, but that...
  9. Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app: We have recently installed the Office 365 version 1908 Semi-Annual Channel update in our environment. Post installation of this update we are getting the error " Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app" as per the screenshot below for Skype for Business...
  10. Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features on networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features on networks.: A Windows box popped up saying: Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of Host Process for Setting Synchronization on all public and private networks. Choose: Allow Access or Cancel. There are two boxes a) private networks and b) public networks. There's a...