Windows 10: Windows Firewall is Block a WEBSITE. Not a Program... a WEBSITE. How Do I Unblock the WEBSITE?

Discus and support Windows Firewall is Block a WEBSITE. Not a Program... a WEBSITE. How Do I Unblock the WEBSITE? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm sick and tired of finding articles about how to allow Google Chrome through the firewall. That's already been done. But there is a SPECIFIC WEBSITE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NateHevens, Feb 25, 2023.

1. Windows Firewall is Block a WEBSITE. Not a Program... a WEBSITE. How Do I Unblock the WEBSITE?

I'm sick and tired of finding articles about how to allow Google Chrome through the firewall. That's already been done. But there is a SPECIFIC WEBSITE that I know for a fact is safe because I've both used it for years and have no problem being on it on other computers that I can only access on this computer by turning off my firewall.Is there a way to force a SPECIFIC WEBSITE through the firewall? If so, how?

:)

NateHevens, Feb 25, 2023
  2. Arctucas Win User

Windows Firewall blocking websites

I have blocked IP addresses, e.g. 255.255.255.255, not URLs, e.g. somewebsite.co m.

As far as unblocking, look at your Windows Firewall rules. Do you see anything that is blocked? If you do, click on the Scope tab and see what is listed there.

Arctucas, Feb 25, 2023
  3. How to Unblock Websites Besides Websites Filtering in Comodo Firewall 10

If you have installed Comodo Firewall 10 in Windows 10, you may find that you suddenly cannot access certain websites like databases.000webhost.com.

Adding your website to the Exclusions category in Websites Filtering in Comodo Firewall 10 may not help. Your website may still remain blocked.

Your web browser may be able to give you a clue. In my case, it is the Comodo Secure DNS which is blocking the website. Simply disable Secure DNS in Comodo Firewall 10 and your website will be unblocked.

It took me a few days to arrive at this solution.

Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming SG, Feb 25, 2023
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Windows Firewall is Block a WEBSITE. Not a Program... a WEBSITE. How Do I Unblock the WEBSITE?

Windows Firewall blocking websites

Windows Firewall can't block specific websites, only port numbers (HTTP uses 80 or 8080). More likely, Windows Firewall is blocking the Windows Update Service or some other critical update application and/or port number that prevents updates from happening.

As twilyth pointed out, this is abnormal and likely caused by some form of malware. If you even found a the offending rule in Windows Firewall, the malware will likely put it back to the way it was within seconds.

Does http://download.microsoft.com open for you? It should redirect a few times and end up at: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/default.aspx

Have you tried to ping download.microsoft.com? I did it a few times so you should be able to get a response off it.

Tenforo, Feb 25, 2023
Thema:

Windows Firewall is Block a WEBSITE. Not a Program... a WEBSITE. How Do I Unblock the WEBSITE?

1. Windows Firewall is Block a WEBSITE. Not a Program... a WEBSITE. How Do I Unblock the WEBSITE? - Similar Threads - Firewall Block WEBSITE

2. How do I unblock a website that they say I blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unblock a website that they say I blocked: How do I UNblock a website, thatsaid I blocked it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unblock-a-website-that-they-say-i-blocked/30e9b2ff-3d09-41af-abbf-1d511301c1a5
  3. How do I unblock a website that they say I blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I unblock a website that they say I blocked: How do I UNblock a website, thatsaid I blocked it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unblock-a-website-that-they-say-i-blocked/30e9b2ff-3d09-41af-abbf-1d511301c1a5
  4. How do I unblock a website that they say I blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows Firewall is Block a WEBSITE. Not a Program... a WEBSITE. How Do I Unblock the WEBSITE?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firewall is Block a WEBSITE. Not a Program... a WEBSITE. How Do I Unblock the WEBSITE?: I'm sick and tired of finding articles about how to allow Google Chrome through the firewall. That's already been done. But there is a SPECIFIC WEBSITE that I know for a fact is safe because I've both used it for years and have no problem being on it on other computers that I...
  6. Windows Firewall is Block a WEBSITE. Not a Program... a WEBSITE. How Do I Unblock the WEBSITE?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall is Block a WEBSITE. Not a Program... a WEBSITE. How Do I Unblock the WEBSITE?: I'm sick and tired of finding articles about how to allow Google Chrome through the firewall. That's already been done. But there is a SPECIFIC WEBSITE that I know for a fact is safe because I've both used it for years and have no problem being on it on other computers that I...
  7. how to block or unblock websites in windows 10

how to block or unblock websites in windows 10: in older versions of windows I could block or unblock undesirable websites. How can I do this in windows 10? email: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. How to unblock a website

How to unblock a website: I am new to this computer and I attempted to join a zoom meeting and it was blocked and I don't know how to allow access to that. Can someone give me a step by step. thanks...
  9. Unblocking websites

Unblocking websites: I blocked some websites with the hosts file and I want to unblock them. I've followed all the instructions on how to unblock the websites but they're still blocked. I need help and I'd appreciate it...
  10. How do I unblock a blocked website?

How do I unblock a blocked website?: This is a website that I have been using for several years. Now, after I sign on, when I try to get to the page I need, it says that the webpage is blocked. No, I do not have popups blocked....