Windows 10: Windows firewall is off, cannot get in on

Discus and support Windows firewall is off, cannot get in on in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am getting a notification telling me the Windows firewall is off. Nothing I do will restore the default setting. Thanks for any help you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bernard Liengme, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Windows firewall is off, cannot get in on

I am getting a notification telling me the Windows firewall is off.

Nothing I do will restore the default setting.

Thanks for any help you can give Windows firewall is off, cannot get in on a0bb07c0-3921-4d75-ac4a-f407ad2da7fb?upload=true.png

:)

Bernard Liengme, Jun 24, 2020

2. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Jun 24, 2020
  3. windows firewall question

yes i am sure i am having no issues with a router. this is at my work. and i only have issues with the windows 7 firewall.

as for adding ports, i do it the same as what is listed in your picture.

THRiLL KiLL, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Windows firewall is off, cannot get in on

Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows firewall is off, cannot get in on

1. Windows firewall is off, cannot get in on - Similar Threads - firewall off cannot

2. windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.: So the message says but it's not true. Windows Defender Firewall is indeed off and that's because it interferes with MediaMonkey. However ZoneAlarm is on so why would Windows think this? This others me....
  3. windows security reports firewall off but firewall presents as normal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security reports firewall off but firewall presents as normal: Every time I install windows updates or Avira updates with restart, Windows security reports that Comodo, my firewall, is switched off, even though Comodo presents as "all systems active and running." I click the 'Turn on' button but there is no response, not even an error...
  4. windows security reports firewall off but firewall presents as normal

windows security reports firewall off but firewall presents as normal: Every time I install windows updates or Avira updates with restart, Windows security reports that Comodo, my firewall, is switched off, even though Comodo presents as "all systems active and running." I click the 'Turn on' button but there is no response, not even an error...
  5. Cannot Start Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Start Windows Firewall: Hi!So my computer has been going through a lot this past week and I will include a TL;DR somewhere around this post, but keep reading if you want because I'll try to explain my situation as clearly as possible because I think windows could use the info I'm about to give and I...
  6. Windows Firewall ON & OFF behaviour

Windows Firewall ON & OFF behaviour: Hi all,I am facing an issue in accessing my Titus Data classification application and could identify that when I turned OFF windows defender firewall the application is accessible but when its turned ON with all ports open for both TCP & UDP the application is not accessible....
  7. Windows firewall cannot be set as the default firewall

Windows firewall cannot be set as the default firewall: Hi.Problem description:- I has some problem with Defender firewall and when I'm trying to run troubleshooter from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-problems-with-windows-firewall-513e9cf8-19ae-d579-2092-d5e64fe06f5fI receive the...
  8. Firewall turned off

Firewall turned off: Why am I receiving message firewall is turned off, but when I check security firewall is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-turned-off/c12a23bd-426d-4406-91d4-54f50be196cd
  9. Windows Firewall and third party Firewall are both turned off

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Firewall and third party Firewall are both turned off: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 ships with Windows Firewall out of the box and at the same time allows you to install and run a third-party Firewall too. These firewalls work independently to block suspicious actions on your computer. But after installing Windows [...] This post...
  10. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off: Have just started using Windows 10 (after years on Windows 8) and am generally happy with it, but I am constantly getting a notification telling me that "Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off; tap or click to see available options". But I go to Windows...