Windows 10: Windows firewall keeps blocking chrome and itunes

Discus and support Windows firewall keeps blocking chrome and itunes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Recently i keep getting the message "Windows Firewall has blocked some features off this app" everytime I start the laptop and its always for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by singh, Sep 26, 2016.

1. singh Win User

Windows firewall keeps blocking chrome and itunes

Hi

Recently i keep getting the message "Windows Firewall has blocked some features off this app" everytime I start the laptop and its always for Google chrome and iTunes. I have added the apps in the allowed area of windows firewall but the popup keeps coming back as if the apps did not save in the allowed box for windows firewall.

I have ran a virus scan both in safe mode and normal windows. I had recently updated to windows 10 anniversary, but I reverted back to the "previous build" to see if that was the problem but I still keep getting the pop up dialog box asking for permission for the two programs.

What can I do to solve this as its very annoying? Hope someone can help

Thanks

:)

singh, Sep 26, 2016
  2. Anna Bol Win User

Windows Firewall Blocking Chrome

Hi,

To help you resolve your issue, we suggest you check the answer posted by
    Anju Thekkethil found on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Anna Bol, Sep 26, 2016
  3. BClaxton Win User
    WIndows Firewall on Windows 10: Disappearing Exceptions

I am using Windows 10 and Windows Firewall but it's becoming a bit of an issue. Firewall keeps blocking programs from working properly (Chrome, games, etc.). I have used the dialogue boxes as they come up and I have manually created exceptions but they invariably
    disappear. Anyone run into this before? Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks!

BClaxton, Sep 26, 2016
  4. singh Win User

Anyone have any troubleshooting ideas?

singh, Sep 28, 2016
  5. You can reset Windows Firewall rules to default. Run CMD as admin and copy/paste:

netsh advfirewall reset

TairikuOkami, Sep 28, 2016
  6. Just Turn off Windows Firewall, install other one if you really need Firewall.

WebbyLight0, Sep 28, 2016
  7. singh Win User
    Just tried that but still the permission window pops up for chrome and itunes

Dont understand why it doesnt save the preferences to allow permission for the two programs and why it has changed

singh, Sep 28, 2016
  8. singh Win User

Uninstalled chrome and itunes and redownladed and reinstalled them but still no luck *Sad

What else can I try?

Thanks

singh, Sep 28, 2016
  9. OK, try to disable Windows Firewall temporarily to see, if it is really it causing the problem. You can use this command:

netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state off

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows firewall keeps blocking chrome and itunes - Similar Threads - firewall keeps blocking

2. Windows Firewall keeps blocking my Internet!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firewall keeps blocking my Internet!!: The windows firewall keeps blocking a lot of websites on my Internet. I've been using both chrome and edge, it doesn't help, a lot of websites are being blocked for no reason, it says "Check your internet connection or a firewall", And also the installed softwares are having...
  3. Windows Firewall keeps blocking my Internet!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall keeps blocking my Internet!!: The windows firewall keeps blocking a lot of websites on my Internet. I've been using both chrome and edge, it doesn't help, a lot of websites are being blocked for no reason, it says "Check your internet connection or a firewall", And also the installed softwares are having...
  4. Windows Firewall block outbound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Firewall block outbound?: Anyone ever manage to put together a working windows firewall policy to block outbound traffic to private & public networks on Windows 10? We're working on Always On VPN, using a device tunnel & 'ForceTunnel'. Microsoft defines 'ForceTunnel' as: All traffic except for local...
  5. Add iTunes to firewall/anti-virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add iTunes to firewall/anti-virus: How can I add iTunes to the firewall when I don't know where the Microsoft Store installed it. I've right clicked on the icon to check the properties, but it doesn't show where it is installed. I've looked in program files and it's not there. I've even looked in the hidden...
  6. Firewall blocked app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall blocked app: What are the risks of allowing an app through a firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-blocked-app/6d58a40d-b823-4d17-b972-67ed5d163a91"
  7. Windows firewall blocks ipv6

Windows firewall blocks ipv6: I use the newest windows 10 and have both ipv4 and ipv6 addresses on my pc. When I make a outbound rule for blocking some ipv4 addresses, I can't visit any ipv6 websites. The browser says "Your Internet access is blocked". When I delete the rule, everything is ok. I think a...
  8. Windows Defender Firewall blocked features of Google Chrome is it safe to allow through...

Windows Defender Firewall blocked features of Google Chrome is it safe to allow through...: I use Google Chrome but now Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of the app . How do I know if I should let this app through the firewall? this is the path it wants to block C:\program files (x86)\google\chrome\application\chrome.exe If Chrome is unsafe...
  9. Windows firewall blocks wuapihost.exe...?

Windows firewall blocks wuapihost.exe...?: On my Surface Pro 3 running W10x64pro (upgraded from W8.1) I just now got a dialog pop up that Windows firewall has blocked some features of C:\Windows\System32\wuapihost.exe. The dialog wants me to allow (or cancel) wuapihost on public networks (this option is checked) and...
  10. Blocking a program in firewall?

Blocking a program in firewall?: I'm trying to block a program from connecting to the internet and I followed these instructions: How to Block a Program From the Internet in Windows 10 - Simple Help for blocking a program from the windows firewall, but it doesn't seem to work. When I go into the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. antivirus keeps blocking chrome