Windows 10: Windows Firewall keeps switching off after re-setting to on ?

Discus and support Windows Firewall keeps switching off after re-setting to on ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For some reason Windows firewall keeps switching off after re-setting to on. Although I've got Zone Alarm firewall I've done a couple of Malwarebytes... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Arcadian, May 15, 2016.

1. Arcadian Win User

Windows Firewall keeps switching off after re-setting to on ?

For some reason Windows firewall keeps switching off after re-setting to on. Although I've got Zone Alarm firewall I've done a couple of Malwarebytes scans but it still keeps happening....

Appreciate any help thanks *Smile

:)

Arcadian, May 15, 2016
  2. JOELINDA Win User

WINDOWS FIREWALL

I REMOVED MCAFEE FROM MY COMPUTER.

BUT WHEN I CHECK MY FIREWALL SETTINGS IT STILL SAYS MCAFEE (SHOWS FIREWALL IS OFF)

AND I CANNOT SWITCH TO TURN ON WINDOWS DEFENDER FIREWALL

I TREIED RE-INSTALLING MCAFEE

BUT IT COMES UP WITH AN ERROR MESSAGE CANT INSTALL

ANY SUGGESTIONS???

JOELINDA, May 15, 2016
  3. BobGee525 Win User
    Fall Creators Update Resulting in High CPU Use By Service Host

Ignore the instructions to enable firewall protection [BOTH Norton's AND Defender's] until AFTER the driver dowlnoad - then after the download - re-enable it. Your firewall protection will only be down for the few moments it takes to download the driver,
    and if you are downloading directly from the driver company's site you should be just fine for the few moments it is disabled.

BobGee525, May 15, 2016
  4. Arcadian Win User

Finally solved it....

Control Panel > System & Security > Security & Maintenance > Security > View installed Firewall apps.

"Note that running more than one firewall at a time can cause conflicts".

As I have Zone Alarm Extreme Security this must be why it keeps switching Windows Firewall off as all ZA programmes are marked on.... phew !!

Hope this helps*Smile

Arcadian, May 16, 2016
  5. Borg 386 Win User
    Glad you got it sorted & thanks for posting the solution to help others encountering this problem. *Biggrin

Borg 386, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Firewall keeps switching off after re-setting to on ? - Similar Threads - Firewall keeps switching

2. Monitor turned off and then computer re-set

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turned off and then computer re-set: I was browsing the web when my computer monitor went black. The light at the bottom indicated that the monitor was still on and functional. I wassent instantly freaked out because this happens my monitor cable issint very good so it does that sometimes. It doesn't work so I...
  3. Windows Firewall ON & OFF behaviour

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall ON & OFF behaviour: Hi all,I am facing an issue in accessing my Titus Data classification application and could identify that when I turned OFF windows defender firewall the application is accessible but when its turned ON with all ports open for both TCP & UDP the application is not accessible....
  4. Windows firewall cannot be set as the default firewall

Windows firewall cannot be set as the default firewall: Hi.Problem description:- I has some problem with Defender firewall and when I'm trying to run troubleshooter from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-problems-with-windows-firewall-513e9cf8-19ae-d579-2092-d5e64fe06f5fI receive the...
  5. Windows Defender Firewall, and AVG Firewall keeps shutting off after I turn my computer off...

Windows Defender Firewall, and AVG Firewall keeps shutting off after I turn my computer off...: I was just using my computer nothing new or different and my computer got a BSOD and when it had come back on my firewall was turned off. I got it turned back on from search through forums and following different steps but every time I turn it off and back on, the firewall...
  6. GameDVR keeps switching off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GameDVR keeps switching off.: Hi, I've been looking for the past day or so, and tried literally every solution under the sun, registry editing (CurrentVersion/GameDVR, and the GameConfigStore), I've tried fixing and resetting the xbox app, the gamebar app, and the xbox companion, I've deleted and...
  7. BITS keep switching off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BITS keep switching off: Hello. I have Windows 10 Home. Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.207). PROBLEM: Background Intelligence Transfer Service (BITS), keeps switching off. I can manually switch on to automatic, apply and OK...and then after a minute or so it simply reverts to switching off. I had...
  8. Cannot switch on Firewall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot switch on Firewall: Hi there I am going around in circles trying to fix this. I am unable to access things like my photos, which I need for work. When trying to 'use recommended settings' (my only choice), I get the following error message: windows defender firewall can't change some of your...
  9. firewall settings

firewall settings: I want to know how I can allow "coreldraw2017 whats the font" to be used on my desktop, it is being blocked by my firewall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-settings/af29a469-3dbb-4fe3-bf7c-4a820edeabb3"
  10. Firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly

Firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly: I noticed that I keep getting a notification stating that Windows Firewall was turned off, so I go to the control panel and go to Security and Maintenance. There, I find a message telling me my firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly. I click on "Turn on Firewall" but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender firewall keeps switching on and off