Windows 10: Windows Firewall major issue

Discus and support Windows Firewall major issue in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, guys. So today I got message on my PC saying that my Windows firewall is off. I tried every possible solution that I could find to no avail.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tomgrachak, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Windows Firewall major issue

Hello, guys. So today I got message on my PC saying that my Windows firewall is off. I tried every possible solution that I could find to no avail. Also, when I type services.msc, I can't find Windows firewall service at all, I can only find Windows defender service but I can't perform any actions on it, it just gives me "system cannot find the file specified" error. I couldn't even access services until I did some registry tweaks, which is weird because I remember not having that issue before. When I try to troubleshoot the issue, it gives me "a problem is preventing troubleshooting from starting" with error 0x80070057.

I should also mention that I have issues with Malwarebytes real-time web protection, which I cannot turn on anymore; all the other layers are turned on, though. I will try to fix this issue later by doing a clean reinstall of the app.

I feel like I have no real admin privileges because when I turned off Malwarebytes to check windows defender, I got a message saying "the security of your system is managed by your organization". I fixed this by doing some registry tweaks, but it seems super weird to me because I'm the owner of the license and also the only user.

I would really appreciate if someone could guide me on how to fix this, and how to gain full control over my PC and its security.

I have Windows 1, version 1909, build 18363.900

:)

tomgrachak, Jun 15, 2020

2. windows firewall question

yes i am sure i am having no issues with a router. this is at my work. and i only have issues with the windows 7 firewall.

as for adding ports, i do it the same as what is listed in your picture.

THRiLL KiLL, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Windows Firewall major issue

Windows 10 Firewall won't keep my inbound/outbound rules

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the Windows Firewall. I will certainly assist you.

I suggest you to restart the Windows firewall service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Press Windows key + R simultaneously for Run.
    • Type services.msc and then Enter.
    • Right click on the Windows firewall services and then restart the services and check if it helps.
    If the issue still persists then I suggest you to remove and then read the Windows fire wall rule.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows Firewall major issue

1. Windows Firewall major issue - Similar Threads - Firewall major issue

2. firewall issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    firewall issue: someone help. my firewall list is all different to how it used to be and the apps i want there aren’t there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-issue/693a369f-eed3-4e95-8548-413a910948ee
  3. firewall issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    firewall issue: someone help. my firewall list is all different to how it used to be and the apps i want there aren’t there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-issue/693a369f-eed3-4e95-8548-413a910948ee
  4. Major Windows Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Major Windows Issues: Ive had some issues with windows over the past few days. Today I have gotten around 8 different stop codes 1. 0xc000021a 2. System Service Expection NTFS.sys failed 3. Page fault in nonpaged area 4. Kernal secruity check failure 5. Memory Management 6. System...
  5. Major issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major issues with Windows 10: Hello, I have an Alienware 17 R3 BIOS 1.8.0, latest release with Windows 10 1909. I have been having a lot of issues lately I left system overnight and it would boot to black screen due to which I used a USB recovery tool to reinstall Windows. During the partitioning phase...
  6. Windows Update major issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update major issues: Hi, I made the mistake of installing the latest major Windows update and it caused major issues with my computer. After restarting my machine for the first time after the update, certain apps refused to work ( such as: Discord, Minecraft, Windows Store) as well as certain...
  7. Major Windows Issue

Major Windows Issue: Help, I received the blue screen in which it says my computer encountered a problem and needs to restart. I tried system restore, nothing. When I open certain programs I get C:\windows\system32\dhcpcsv.dll is either not designed to run on windows or its contains an error....
  8. Major issue

Major issue: I experienced a blue screen last week which My laptop had to restart, since then when I try to open certain programs I get C:\windows\system32\dhcpcsv.dll is either not designed to run on windows or its contains an error. Error status 0xc0000006, plus my WiFi network...
  9. Major issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Major issues: Hey guys, so I am only 15 so I am not the best with computers, but I am pretty good. So I've had so many issues with this thing its unreal. Probs had to reset from scratched about 5-7 times so far. So, when i first got it reset this time, everything was great, then my...
  10. Major issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Major issues with Windows 10: Hello, I upgraded to windows 10 and now whenever I turn my laptop on it takes ages to load. When it does finally loud up I encounter a serious problem. I have no icons on my desktop and the date/time is also missing. The taskbar is completely black apart from the start...