Windows 10: Windows firewall/McAfee

Discus and support Windows firewall/McAfee in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It says my Windows firewall is controlled my vendor McAfee. I don't have McAfee. What does this mean?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by starseaEM, Jan 5, 2019.

1. starseaEM Win User

Windows firewall/McAfee

It says my Windows firewall is controlled my vendor McAfee. I don't have McAfee. What does this mean?

:)

starseaEM, Jan 5, 2019

2. Neither McAfee nor Windows firewall will stay on

@janetcarroll -

Windows Defender does not control the firewall service. Windows Defender will not run if it detects any third party is installed. I'm not sure which version of McAfee you have running, or if it has a built in firewall service. If McAfee has a firewall
    service, and you would like to keep it, I suggest you search McAfee support forums for answers.

If you want to uninstall McAfee and use Windows Defender and Windows Firewall services try uninstalling through Program and Features, else you will need to run a removal tool found here :

List of anti-malware product removal tools

If you haven't already - can you try executing the following command (from an elevated command prompt) : "%programfiles%\windows defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -wdenable

If this doesn't work - do let me know what 'Virus Protection' is displayed in the 'Security' section of Security Center.
    Windows Defender will not launch if there is a 3rd party registered.

Thx,

CJ.Eichholz (MSFT) - Microsoft Antimalware

CyberDust:
    +msft_cjeichholz

Twitter :
    @msft_cjeichholz

This post is provided as-is with no warranty or support.

CJ. Eichholz [MSFT], Jan 5, 2019
  3. McAfee firewall turns itself off

I have a Dell laptop upgraded to Windows 10. I received an update on 2/11/16. Since then my McAfee firewall turns off on its on and I have to manually turn it on again every time.

It makes no difference if the MS Windows Defender firewall is on or not. The McAfee firewall just does its on thing.

McAfee told me they could not help because I was using a Verizon Hotspot. It isn't a public hotspot, it is my own personal one.

So kind of wondering what to do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Richard A.

[Moved from Virus & Malware]

RichardAnderon, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Sagatious Win User

Windows firewall/McAfee

Windows Firewall/McAfee Firewall one and the same?

I am having many problems with my machine. Example Start button, search and Edge do not work.

I looked in "Services" and found the following.

McAfee Firewall.....ON

Windows Firewall..ON

Windows Defender.....OFF

Believing there may be a conflict I attempted to turn OFF the Windows Firewall BUT

was told if I turned off "Windows Firewall" then McAfee Firewall will also NOT work.

Does anyone know IF both Firewalls should show to be ON?

Thanks

Sag

[Moved from Virus & Malware]

Sagatious, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows firewall/McAfee

1. Windows firewall/McAfee - Similar Threads - firewall McAfee

2. How to get rid of Mcafee Management Service Host from Defender Firewall "Allowed apps"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of Mcafee Management Service Host from Defender Firewall "Allowed apps"?: I had Mcafee software a LONG time ago. I was just in the "Allowed Apps" and I still see Mcafee stuff. And it won't let me remove it. I got the Mcafee removal tool and it didn't get rid of it.There are no Mcafee services running.Now what?...
  3. How to get rid of Mcafee Management Service Host from Defender Firewall "Allowed apps"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of Mcafee Management Service Host from Defender Firewall "Allowed apps"?: I had Mcafee software a LONG time ago. I was just in the "Allowed Apps" and I still see Mcafee stuff. And it won't let me remove it. I got the Mcafee removal tool and it didn't get rid of it.There are no Mcafee services running.Now what?...
  4. My Mcafee Firewall is snoozed by windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Mcafee Firewall is snoozed by windows 10: Anyone seen this problem? McAfee says the Firewall is turned on and Win 10 Security says its "snoozed" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-mcafee-firewall-is-snoozed-by-windows-10/894d53f2-169e-4c06-a8ad-92b0169425b3
  5. How do I remove McAfee and get Windows Defender firewall running?

How do I remove McAfee and get Windows Defender firewall running?: My McAfee free month that was preinstalled is over and I want to remove it and turn on my Windows Defender firewall but when I try to delete McAfee, it says I need administrative permission. I am the sole owner and user of this PC. How do I access and set myself up as the...
  6. Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall

Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall: Hi, I'm using McAfee Total Protection for my device. But, I'm getting notification on my device that Both Firewall has been turned Off. But, while checking on McAfee, it shows Firewall status as ON. But, on my device, Firewall status shows, it is in ON state. While,...
  7. Turning off Firewall &/or McAfee Anti-Virus temporarily

Turning off Firewall &/or McAfee Anti-Virus temporarily: I've been having a problem with the 4k YouTube to MP3 program, and this is one of support's suggestions: Turn off firewall, antivirus or any other program that may interfere with 4K YouTube to MP3's working at least for the time of downloading. If it has solved the issue...
  8. McAfee firewall will not uninstall. Trying to let Microsoft work.

McAfee firewall will not uninstall. Trying to let Microsoft work.: McAfee firewall will not uninstall. Trying to let Microsoft work. I didn't install it for this 4 day free trial. Just came to computer today and it was there. Won't let me uninstall. Says another program is busy uninstalling....
  9. switch from McAfee firewall back to windows 10 firewall & defender

switch from McAfee firewall back to windows 10 firewall & defender: My new computer came with a 30 day trial version of McAfee. I do not wish to use it and want to turn windows firewall and defender back on. I can turn off McAfee firewall, but I can't seem to find how to turn defender and firewall on. McAfee seems to be blocking every...
  10. turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...

turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...: how to turn off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turn on windows defender and firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turning-off-mcafee-virus-scan-and-firewall-and/4b616e99-6fc9-4d2b-9159-c9794cb6b1fe

Users found this page by searching for:

1. use both defender and mcafee firewall

2. i was told i need a new firewall

3. do i really need mcafee with windows defender

4. windows firewall and mcafee firewall are both turned off. tap or click to see available options,
  5. (ipv6 AND security) ipv4