Windows 10: Windows Firewall notifications can't be disabled

Discus and support Windows Firewall notifications can't be disabled in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Switching to Windwos 10 was smoother than expected, but still not smooth. I use a router firewall and ethernet connections only and don't want... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jaakko Susi, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Windows Firewall notifications can't be disabled

Switching to Windwos 10 was smoother than expected, but still not smooth. I use a router firewall and ethernet connections only and don't want redundant filtering to get in the way of applications. There is no reason for me to have firewall set up by the OS. The system is already protected. So, I want my Windows firewall to be off. The security section of Windows 10 settings has options to disable security notifications, but they do not work. The OS still notifies about firewall being disabled even when firewall notifications are turned off. How do I permanently get rid of those notifications?

:)

Jaakko Susi, Feb 15, 2022
  2. Kem Mon Win User

How do I stop firewall and antivirus notification?!?!

Hi,

To disable the firewall notification, follow these steps:

• On the search tab, type
      Security and Maintenance.

• Choose
      Change Security and Maintenance settings.

• Uncheck
      the notifications that you don't want to pop-up.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 15, 2022
  3. Superfly Win User
    Disabling Firewall notifications in 1809?

The AV notifications have stopped for me but I had to do this..

Windows Firewall notifications can't be disabled [​IMG]

These is nothing in my priority list but I'm sure one can add app's (it should really be the other way around where one can exclude apps rather.. (but then this is Windows developers we are talking about, no real logic . ... LOL)

Anyway nothing going to Action Centre.. could be that KAF 19 has a better integration with Windows... but not getting firewall toasts either.. ..... (?)

Superfly, Feb 15, 2022
  4. Windows Firewall notifications can't be disabled

Disabling Firewall notifications in 1809?

This solution does not work, I got this notification after the first reboot:

Windows Firewall notifications can't be disabled [​IMG]

The only fix that it works in this one:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender Security Center\Notifications]
    "DisableNotifications"=dword:00000001
    "DisableEnhancedNotifications"=dword:00000001

mgcarnevali, Feb 15, 2022
Thema:

Windows Firewall notifications can't be disabled

1. Windows Firewall notifications can't be disabled - Similar Threads - Firewall notifications can't

2. Windows Firewall notifications can't be disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall notifications can't be disabled: Switching to Windwos 10 was smoother than expected, but still not smooth. I use a router firewall and ethernet connections only and don't want redundant filtering to get in the way of applications. There is no reason for me to have firewall set up by the OS. The system is...
  3. Windows Firewall notifications can't be disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firewall notifications can't be disabled: Switching to Windwos 10 was smoother than expected, but still not smooth. I use a router firewall and ethernet connections only and don't want redundant filtering to get in the way of applications. There is no reason for me to have firewall set up by the OS. The system is...
  4. Windows Firewall notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Firewall notifications: I've installed TinyWall Firewall and disabled Windows Firewall. However, every time I restart the computer I'm getting a request to start Windows Firewall. How do I stop these messages? I'm using Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19042...
  5. Disable "Check Firewall Status" Notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable "Check Firewall Status" Notification: Hello, This question has been asked before but it doesn't appear to have been solved. I support users who somewhat inconsistently receive the "Check Firewall Status" notification when their domain firewall is off. I wont go in to any extra details but I can promise that...
  6. How to disable Firewall & Network Protection Notifications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable Firewall & Network Protection Notifications: Hello, I would like to disable the windows 10 Firewall & Network Protection notification from asking me every few minutes to turn it back on. I have done many searches online and done everything that others have listed to fix this problem but after everything I can, it still...
  7. Windows Firewall notifications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall notifications: When is Microsoft going to fix the bug in Build 1809 that makes the firewall notifications IMPOSSIBLE to turn off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewall-notifications/3647f407-b69c-4fe8-a12f-8374baac0549
  8. Disabling Firewall notifications in 1809?

Disabling Firewall notifications in 1809?: I notice that after update to 1809 Windows resumed posting notifications about my Windows Firewall's being turned off. I tried several methods of disabling this notification found on the Net, including making changes under...
  9. Disabling Firewall notifications in 1809?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disabling Firewall notifications in 1809?: I notice that after update to 1809 Windows resumed posting notifications about my Windows Firewall's being turned off. I tried several methods of disabling this notification found on the Net, including making changes under...
  10. Disabling Firewall in the Notification Center

Disabling Firewall in the Notification Center: Hi I have been searching through threads on how to do this, but the only solution that is mentioned is turning off the notification center as a whole via registry or GPO. Personally I would prefer GPO, but there doesn't seem a way to do it for something this specific....