Windows 10: Windows Firewall rules: how to find out what created them?

Discus and support Windows Firewall rules: how to find out what created them? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello everyone, quick question: is there an easy way to know which process/application has created a Windows Firewall rule? I monitor the rules fairly... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AmigaRoots, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Windows Firewall rules: how to find out what created them?

Hello everyone, quick question: is there an easy way to know which process/application has created a Windows Firewall rule? I monitor the rules fairly often and some programs auto-create rules without asking, so this info would help. Tried to look at the Event Viewer but it's too confusing and couldn't find something there.

:)

AmigaRoots, Nov 1, 2017

2. bluetooth adapter problems

This link shows in detail how to do it.

How to Create Advanced Firewall Rules in the Windows Firewall

https://www.howtogeek.com/112564/how-to-create-...

And please use TechNet and MSDN as your support for Enterprise versions which have quite a few different settings and considerations compared to consumer versions.

SpiritX MS MVP, Nov 1, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Firewall is not saving my custom rules

Hi

I've been having this problem from a week ago and can't find a solution.

I need to create a custom rule to allow a single program through windows 10 firewall, I've been using the option to "allow a program through firewall", the rule is created and I accept the changes, but then if I close the firewall option's window and reopen
    it, the rule is missing again.

Mauricio_027, Nov 1, 2017
  4. topgundcp Win User

Windows Firewall rules: how to find out what created them?

click on start button then type: firewall, select Windows Defender Firewall with advanced security. Click on inbound/outbound, you'll see the list.

topgundcp, Nov 7, 2017
  5. Thanks topgundcp, that list only shows (I think) the program for which the rule applies, not the program that created the rule. Sometime these two do not coincide. There's a column that wasn't enabled by default that looked promising ("Rule Source") but all it mentions is 'Local Setting'.

AmigaRoots, Nov 7, 2017
  6. The answer is in this Event Viewer category: Applications and Services Logs/Microsoft/Windows/Windows Firewall With Advanced Security/Firewall

AmigaRoots, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Firewall rules: how to find out what created them?

1. Windows Firewall rules: how to find out what created them? - Similar Threads - Firewall rules find

2. How do I filter and find firewall rules

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I filter and find firewall rules: Is there a way to filter and search/sort firewall rules? Whenever I have a Windows 10 or 11 app firewall problem I have to just scroll and scroll. Should I be using the shell instead, or is there something in the GUI that is just not obvious to my old eyes and just lets you...
  3. How do I filter and find firewall rules

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I filter and find firewall rules: Is there a way to filter and search/sort firewall rules? Whenever I have a Windows 10 or 11 app firewall problem I have to just scroll and scroll. Should I be using the shell instead, or is there something in the GUI that is just not obvious to my old eyes and just lets you...
  4. I create a new rule Windows Defender Firewall for outgoing and incoming traffic, a rule to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I create a new rule Windows Defender Firewall for outgoing and incoming traffic, a rule to...: Hello, I create a new rule Windows Defender firewall for outgoing and incoming traffic, a rule to block all protocols etc. for PowerShell.exe application, will something get broken from Microsoft? I have Windows 10 PRO 21H1 x64. Let someone who has done something like this or...
  5. Firewall rules

Firewall rules: [ATTACH] Does this symbol mean I have blocked outbound traffic for an application? If so why did the app just check for an update and confirm its current version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-rules/870791a0-328a-4d5c-ad0a-be99f93dfdb0
  6. Firewall Rules

Firewall Rules: Can you setup exceptions for firewall rules? For example, if I have a port blocked inbound for ALL via GPO, can I create an exception to that rule to allow just certain IP addresses to get through the port being blocked? Win 10 ENT in a domain environment....
  7. Netsh firewall command to create forwarder rule.

Netsh firewall command to create forwarder rule.: I have created forwarder rule in windows to route the traffic coming from any user to loopback address 127.0.0.1 and forward it to another IP address. example: netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenaddress=127.0.0.1 listenport=9000 connectaddress=127.0.0.8...
  8. Firewall rules

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall rules: I accidentally deleted outbound windows firewall rules. Will these reappear? Can this be dangerous? Please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/firewall-rules/1f7cbdda-d9e2-435a-96cb-6caef7699b88"
  9. Creating Firewall rules for windows apps

Creating Firewall rules for windows apps: Hey everyone, I am trying to find a solution to this issue I have been having for the last 2 weeks. I recently got a new internet line coming to my remote location and the bandwidth I get on this connection is less than 1mbps. I only got this connection to do some gaming as...
  10. Windows Firewall Rules

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall Rules: I was looking at Windows Firewall with Adv Security and noticed 11 individual but seemingly identical entries for Microsoft Solitaire Collection. The default rules were to allow all. First, why 11? And second, why all any at all? Ditto for Stick Notes, Microsoft Phone,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HOW TO FIND FIREWALL RULES