Windows 10: Windows Firewall Service greyed out

Discus and support Windows Firewall Service greyed out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good day. After running the latest windows update I cannot turn the service off via the Services. I understand that it is not recommended to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Brandon_Kallu, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Windows Firewall Service greyed out

Good day.

After running the latest windows update I cannot turn the service off via the Services.

I understand that it is not recommended to disable the firewall but there's an application that I am using that is being affected by this.

I am using the Administrator account.

I have attached a screen shot showing this, kindly assist.

Windows Firewall Service greyed out 4894d0df-e085-4efb-b485-b355db5a767f?upload=true.png Windows Firewall Service greyed out 8a6b1e33-6353-42a3-a27b-918df57c73f7?upload=true.png

:)

Brandon_Kallu, Mar 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 Firewall won't keep my inbound/outbound rules

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the Windows Firewall. I will certainly assist you.

I suggest you to restart the Windows firewall service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Press Windows key + R simultaneously for Run.
    • Type services.msc and then Enter.
    • Right click on the Windows firewall services and then restart the services and check if it helps.
    If the issue still persists then I suggest you to remove and then read the Windows fire wall rule.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Windows Firewall Service greyed out

Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Despite running Services as admin, when I open Windows Firewall (actually it is Windows Defender Firewall) and Base Filtering Engine, all options are greyed out. However,
    all settings are already on what you suggested, i.e. Automatic, not stopped.

drmrbrewer, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows Firewall Service greyed out

1. Windows Firewall Service greyed out - Similar Threads - Firewall Service greyed

2. "Log on as" option greyed out in software protection in services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Log on as" option greyed out in software protection in services: I've been having trouble with software protection not launching and as a result windows 11 has been deactivated on my device. When attempting to launch software protection I get the message "Windows could not start the Software Protection service on Local Computer. Error...
  3. "Log on as" option greyed out in software protection in services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Log on as" option greyed out in software protection in services: I've been having trouble with software protection not launching and as a result windows 11 has been deactivated on my device. When attempting to launch software protection I get the message "Windows could not start the Software Protection service on Local Computer. Error...
  4. windows firewall service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows firewall service: how to get rid of the following The package could not be installed because the windows firewall service in not running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewall-service/74651b07-c579-457d-b4b3-f252053e9319
  5. Windows Update Service greyed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Service greyed out: I want to do a reinstall of Windows 10 on my PC, but the reinstalling field gives me an error. I have narrowed it down to the update service being disabled, but I cant do anything to it as all options are greyed out. Im the only account on my pc, and have tried every fix I...
  6. Location services greyed out in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Location services greyed out in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Location services on Windows 10 are sometimes reported to be greyed out automatically either by the Operating System or due to the presence of some third-party software. Due to this glitch, the user is not able to toggle their Location [...] This post...
  7. Windows 10 services greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 services greyed out: Hi, I currently own a laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition OS. I have always manually disabled Windows Updates through services.msc(disabling it through other means does not seem to work, it still updates), somehow it keeps turning itself back on every reboot, I don't want my...
  8. Firewall and Network Protection tab options are all greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firewall and Network Protection tab options are all greyed out: Hi all, Recently had my laptop fixed and returned, everything had gotten reset so I re-downloaded a game that required a UDP Port. The Port was being blocked by my firewall and so I opened up my firewall tab through the steps: (The red boxes in the pictures show that they...
  9. firewall services

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    firewall services: Latest build. Running ESET free. Anybody else got the same info showing, doesn't appear to be a problem thou. Roy 8925
  10. windows services greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    windows services greyed out: hi there, I'm having this problem in windows services, windows update service is greyed out and I can't change from automatic to manual, and windows Installer have the same problem. I want to be able to change to manual, I have try with admin account still nothing. Any help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Server 2019 firewall is greyedout in Services