Windows 10: Windows Firewall Service is not Starting. Error Code 13

Discus and support Windows Firewall Service is not Starting. Error Code 13 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hai,I am using Windows Server 2016 version. My Firewall recently not started working after unnistalling Malware byte Antivirus.Multiple time i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Libin_K, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Libin_K Win User

Windows Firewall Service is not Starting. Error Code 13

Hai,I am using Windows Server 2016 version. My Firewall recently not started working after unnistalling Malware byte Antivirus.Multiple time i restrarted my system, i did SFC Scanning. but the result is still same.The Following Error I am receiving while Starting Windows Firewall Services from Services.msc

:)

Libin_K, Nov 18, 2022

2. Windows Firewall Won't Turn on with Windows 10 error code 0x9007045b, Also Error Code 13

All:

I have same issue Abdul listed above. I tried the solution offered by Carey, Windor is not let me turn on the Firewall at all. The code is 13.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

XiaoKeng

Xiao-KengLiu, Nov 18, 2022
  3. Windows Firewall Won't Turn on with Windows 10 error code 0x9007045b, Also Error Code 13

The Windows Firewall won't start following the most recent Window's updates. I did the above, and the program won't start due to error 13. It also says to check the event log, and got this...

The description for Event ID 1904 from source HHCTRL cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

about:blank

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=45840

CareyMathis, Nov 18, 2022
  4. Mala_S Win User

Windows Defender Firewall error code 0x800706d9

Hi AnudieKatz.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Since you are facing an issue with the Windows Defender firewall, I would like to ask you few questions to get a better picture.

1. Are you using any other Anti-virus software?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Have you tried installing Picture viewer and Calendar app after it getting uninstalled?

Based on your information, I would like to inform you that if you are using third party anti-virus program Windows defender will automatically turn off from your system you will not able turn it on manually.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1: Check the following services and ensure it is started.

1. Press Windows and R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Services.msc and hit Enter.
    3. Search for the following services:
    • Base filtering engine Service
    • Remote Procedure Call Service
    • Windows defender firewall service
    4. Start the above services and reboot the device.

Method 2: I would suggest you to try running the troubleshooter to enable the firewall. Use the below link to run the troubleshooter.

Automatically diagnose and fix problems with Windows Firewall - Microsoft Support

If you are still facing the same issue after following the above steps, revert with the details asked.

Hope it helps.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Nov 18, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows Firewall Service is not Starting. Error Code 13 - Similar Threads - Firewall Service Starting

2. Windows Firewall Service is not Starting. Error Code 13

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firewall Service is not Starting. Error Code 13: Hai,I am using Windows Server 2016 version. My Firewall recently not started working after unnistalling Malware byte Antivirus.Multiple time i restrarted my system, i did SFC Scanning. but the result is still same.The Following Error I am receiving while Starting Windows...
  3. Windows Firewall Service is not Starting. Error Code 13

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall Service is not Starting. Error Code 13: Hai,I am using Windows Server 2016 version. My Firewall recently not started working after unnistalling Malware byte Antivirus.Multiple time i restrarted my system, i did SFC Scanning. but the result is still same.The Following Error I am receiving while Starting Windows...
  4. The windows defender firewall service refuses to start.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The windows defender firewall service refuses to start.: Hello, i have started having a problem with the Windows defender firewall. When i try to restore it's defaults using the control panel, i get this screen: [ATTACH] And when i press 'Use recommended settings' it gives me this error: [ATTACH] When I try to start it through...
  5. Windows Firewall service not starting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Firewall service not starting: so the story goes back to a week when i pirated malware bytes anti malware and i think that is the reason why this has happen.The pirated zip file contained a executable and the pirate said to run this as admin i did it because he was a trusted pirated however i can tell that...
  6. Windows Firewall; Can't start service

Windows Firewall; Can't start service: As title says it, I can't start Windows Firewall. I changed permissions in registry so now I can at least run BFE, as it wasn't running before, but firewall is still stuck in "Starting" stage. No fixes seem to help.[ATTACH]...
  7. Windows Firewall wont start from services

Windows Firewall wont start from services: Hello, I have a problem. When I try to open Windows Firewall from services it shows error message 'Windows could not start the windows defender firewall service on local computer Error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start' This problem started with no...
  8. Windows Firewall Not Started and Will Not Start - Error Code 0x6D9

Windows Firewall Not Started and Will Not Start - Error Code 0x6D9: Shortly after my new laptop upgraded to Win 10 build 1607, I began to receive indications that Windows Firewall was not operational. This is the worst of a number of symptoms that started at the same time. This firewall issue, Cortana no longer works, several of the built in...
  9. Can't start Windows Firewall service

Can't start Windows Firewall service: When I try to turn it on, it just keeps loading and eventually do nothing. [img] And when I try to start the service in the "Services.msc" I get the error: [img] Tranlation: 'Can't start the Windows Firewall on yout Local computer. Consult the systemlogs for more...
  10. ERROR 1068: Cannot start Firewall service

ERROR 1068: Cannot start Firewall service: After running windows in safe mode to test something my firewall stopped working. I need some help since i could not find anything related to this issue on Win10. When i try to initialize windows Firewall service i get the message error 1068 and when i try to run it through...