Windows 10: Windows Firewall service not starting

Discus and support Windows Firewall service not starting in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; so the story goes back to a week when i pirated malware bytes anti malware and i think that is the reason why this has happen.The pirated zip file... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by adyanrehan, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Windows Firewall service not starting

so the story goes back to a week when i pirated malware bytes anti malware and i think that is the reason why this has happen.The pirated zip file contained a executable and the pirate said to run this as admin i did it because he was a trusted pirated however i can tell that thing had an relation with the firewall because after i ran it i was prompted by a firewall window asking to make malware bytes gain access. Malware bytes didn't work so i uninstalled it , after a reboot everything went wrong the firewall service disappeared, i was unable to update uwp's from the windows store i use the windows store quiet often but it still didn't matter to me because i was fine with the version i am using but the bad thing was that essential apps like photos and mail were stuck in an update.I tried everything and i saw an person on the internet who gave me a registry to download to bring back the firewall though he brought the firewall service back he was unable to make it start.plz help me Microsoft. Windows Firewall service not starting 5d2eee7a-b1fb-4774-adf9-fa5c03245a8c?upload=true.png Windows Firewall service not starting 04e9bb3f-1288-4a6d-a12a-d5dc29650ab8?upload=true.png Windows Firewall service not starting 9e1337e0-23fa-4bdf-b23e-3bca09455b56?upload=true.png Windows Firewall service not starting 3af32d90-5d53-4cbb-96aa-8bb5a2ebaf97?upload=true.png

:)

adyanrehan, Jan 10, 2021

2. Windows 10 Firewall won't keep my inbound/outbound rules

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the Windows Firewall. I will certainly assist you.

I suggest you to restart the Windows firewall service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Press Windows key + R simultaneously for Run.
    • Type services.msc and then Enter.
    • Right click on the Windows firewall services and then restart the services and check if it helps.
    If the issue still persists then I suggest you to remove and then read the Windows fire wall rule.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Windows Firewall service not starting after Creator's Update

We have extracted the working Registry files of Windows Firewall and Base Filtering Engine. We suggest that you download the Registry files first. After downloading the files, follow the steps below:

Registry files:

Installing a Registry File:

• Download the files.
    • Boot to Safe Mode.
    • Double-click the downloaded files.
    • Click Yes when prompted.
    • The downloaded files are now being merged into your system.
    Please update us with the result and let us know if you need further help.

Eileen Gal, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Windows Firewall service not starting

Windows Firewall service not starting after Creator's Update

Windows Firewall acts as the initial defense against malware. It is always recommended to keep it turned
    ON. To resolve your concern, we suggest changing the DWORD value in the Registry to set it as
    Automatic. To do this, follow the steps listed below:

• Type regedit in the Search bar and press
      Enter
      . Click Yes on the next prompt.
    • Copy and paste the below Registry location in the Registry address bar:
      Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MpsSvc.

Windows Firewall service not starting 60755cc3-5e94-4bb4-a746-c209387317d8.jpg

• Click on Start and type the number (2) in the Value data then click OK.
    • Restart your PC.
    If you need further assistance, just don't hesitate to let us know.

Eileen Gal, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows Firewall service not starting

1. Windows Firewall service not starting - Similar Threads - Firewall service starting

2. Windows Firewall Service is not Starting. Error Code 13

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall Service is not Starting. Error Code 13: Hai,I am using Windows Server 2016 version. My Firewall recently not started working after unnistalling Malware byte Antivirus.Multiple time i restrarted my system, i did SFC Scanning. but the result is still same.The Following Error I am receiving while Starting Windows...
  3. Windows Firewall Service is not Starting. Error Code 13

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firewall Service is not Starting. Error Code 13: Hai,I am using Windows Server 2016 version. My Firewall recently not started working after unnistalling Malware byte Antivirus.Multiple time i restrarted my system, i did SFC Scanning. but the result is still same.The Following Error I am receiving while Starting Windows...
  4. Windows Firewall Service is not Starting. Error Code 13

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Service "Windows Defender Firewall" wont start HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Service "Windows Defender Firewall" wont start HELP!!!: When i try to start the service "Windows Defender Firewall" it says "Windows could not start the Windows Defender Firewall on Local Computer, For more information on, review the System Event Log. if this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to...
  6. The windows defender firewall service refuses to start.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The windows defender firewall service refuses to start.: Hello, i have started having a problem with the Windows defender firewall. When i try to restore it's defaults using the control panel, i get this screen: [ATTACH] And when i press 'Use recommended settings' it gives me this error: [ATTACH] When I try to start it through...
  7. windows firewall service

windows firewall service: how to get rid of the following The package could not be installed because the windows firewall service in not running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewall-service/74651b07-c579-457d-b4b3-f252053e9319
  8. Windows Firewall; Can't start service

Windows Firewall; Can't start service: As title says it, I can't start Windows Firewall. I changed permissions in registry so now I can at least run BFE, as it wasn't running before, but firewall is still stuck in "Starting" stage. No fixes seem to help.[ATTACH]...
  9. Windows Firewall wont start from services

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall wont start from services: Hello, I have a problem. When I try to open Windows Firewall from services it shows error message 'Windows could not start the windows defender firewall service on local computer Error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start' This problem started with no...
  10. Can't start Windows Firewall service

Can't start Windows Firewall service: When I try to turn it on, it just keeps loading and eventually do nothing. [img] And when I try to start the service in the "Services.msc" I get the error: [img] Tranlation: 'Can't start the Windows Firewall on yout Local computer. Consult the systemlogs for more...