Windows 10: Windows firewall service wont turn on

Discus and support Windows firewall service wont turn on in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So before I knew that stopping the firewall service is an "unsupported configuration" which btw shouldn't be I found a way to stop it. But as of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dimitarkolevdtd, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Windows firewall service wont turn on

So before I knew that stopping the firewall service is an "unsupported configuration" which btw shouldn't be I found a way to stop it. But as of the last windows update, it is impossible to change anything about the firewall service - all the buttons are grayed out. Now I am stuck, because my firewall service is disabled and I cant turn it back on.

:)

dimitarkolevdtd, Nov 18, 2020

2. How to turn windows firewall service off permanently?

When I disable the firewall service then it stays disabled. If this is different on your machine then you must have some agent that keeps re-enabling it. You now need to find this agent. Here are a few steps you need to take:

• Run services.msc and disable the service. Close services.msc, then re-open it 5 minutes later. Is the service enabled or disabled?
    • Reboot the machine into Safe Mode with Shift+Restart. Is the service enabled or disabled?

Frederik Long, Nov 18, 2020
  3. xubidoo Win User
    Windows Firewall turns itself off - help

On my 2nd rig (see sig) "everytime" i startup or reboot ,win xp firewall is turned off and the balloon comes up asking if i want to enable it.

i thought it might be malware/virus but so far cannot find a trace of 1.
    ive scanned the pc using the following

AVG Free
    Bit Defender online scan
    Housecall online scan
    Panda activescan online scan

Adaware free
    Spybot S&D
    Spywareblaster

and the pc came up clean with every 1 of them ,except for a few tracking cookies.

have also used ccleaner/diskcleaner.

in Administrative tools/services ,the Firewall is set to "automatic" so it should start?

im really at a loss why it wont auto start anymore *Frown Windows firewall service wont turn on :(

any suggestions ?

xubidoo, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Windows firewall service wont turn on

Windows firewall turning itself on

Hello,

Follow the steps below to disable Windows Firewall services.

• Press Windows +R

• Type services.msc and press
      Enter

Locate Windows Firewall

• Right click on it and select disable.

• Also ensure that the startup type is set from Automatic to
      manual.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows firewall service wont turn on

1. Windows firewall service wont turn on - Similar Threads - firewall service wont

2. Service "Windows Defender Firewall" wont start HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Service "Windows Defender Firewall" wont start HELP!!!: When i try to start the service "Windows Defender Firewall" it says "Windows could not start the Windows Defender Firewall on Local Computer, For more information on, review the System Event Log. if this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to...
  3. windows firewall service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows firewall service: how to get rid of the following The package could not be installed because the windows firewall service in not running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewall-service/74651b07-c579-457d-b4b3-f252053e9319
  4. Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall

Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall: Hi, I'm using McAfee Total Protection for my device. But, I'm getting notification on my device that Both Firewall has been turned Off. But, while checking on McAfee, it shows Firewall status as ON. But, on my device, Firewall status shows, it is in ON state. While,...
  5. firewall not turning on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    firewall not turning on: I had installed an anti-virus app on my pc, before that I had turned off firewalls, because the anti-virus app keeps interrupting me; I uninstalled it. Now I get no option to turn on the Firewall due to that my network status appears as a dashed line. Also, the network...
  6. windows firewall will not turn on

windows firewall will not turn on: windows firewall is down windows defender is down . I am unable to start services nor change properties on the items also windows firewall driver is not working. every thing I try is blocked or I am not given access denied access that is ....
  7. Windows Defender Service wont turn on

Windows Defender Service wont turn on: I recently updated my laptop to the new windows 10 update (10th May). The update was good as usual but which going through the services i noticed that the windows defender service is disabled and I can find no way to turn this on. Kindly help me with this issue. Tried...
  8. Missing Windows services and can't turn on firewall

Missing Windows services and can't turn on firewall: Hello, after a prompt saying me to allow registry to be ran, it restarted my pc, after that restart i've noticed that I can't turn my firewall on, code error 0x80070422, after seeing a tutorial online to change a setting on the windows firewall service, i noticed that there...
  9. Windows Firewall wont start from services

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall wont start from services: Hello, I have a problem. When I try to open Windows Firewall from services it shows error message 'Windows could not start the windows defender firewall service on local computer Error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start' This problem started with no...
  10. firewall services

firewall services: Latest build. Running ESET free. Anybody else got the same info showing, doesn't appear to be a problem thou. Roy 8925