Windows 10: Windows Firewall taking over 50% of my CPU & slows down my PC greatly

Discus and support Windows Firewall taking over 50% of my CPU & slows down my PC greatly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I've had this problem with antimalwareexecutable for a long time so I decided to find a fix on it. I tried several fixes, including Firewall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KeiwaM, Sep 25, 2018.

1. KeiwaM Win User

Windows Firewall taking over 50% of my CPU & slows down my PC greatly

So I've had this problem with antimalwareexecutable for a long time so I decided to find a fix on it. I tried several fixes, including Firewall restarts, resets, malware cleaning, added it to the exclusion list, changed the schedule. Every single fix online that I could find, I tried. None of them worked so as a last resort, I completely turned off Windows Defender as a whole. It is currently working just fine but the problem is that no windows aplication like store or even pictures will work without windows defender but I refuse to enable it as long as it takes 50% of my CPU. So here is the question:

Is there a way to stop this anti malware executable from taking 50% of my CPU (when idle, mind you) that I HAVENT tried.

If not

Is there a way to still use Pictures without WIndows Defender..

Honestly Microsoft, sort it out. This isn't exactly a new issue.

:)

KeiwaM, Sep 25, 2018
  2. armycyrus Win User

AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage.

Original title: An App. called AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage. I am not using iTunes. Apple says iI should ask Microsoft. I use AX oper. sys.

An App. called AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage. I am not logged on to iTunes, nor is my iPod connected to my PC when this .exe runs with 50% usage. Apple suggested I contact Microsoft. I use AX oper. sys. Apple suggested
    contacting Microsoft.

armycyrus, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Cailerh Win User
    Groove Music taking 50-60% of CPU in task manager

As the title says, while playing music the Groove Music in task manager is taking up 50-60% of my CPU. I doubt it is supposed to be this much does anyone have any suggestions?

Cailerh, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Maria Fab Win User

Only 54% CPU Usage Maximum :'(

Hello,

The lower the CPU usage, the better. Most applications will not use up more than 50% of your CPU for an extended period of time. To verify, what are the usual applications that you run on your PC? Does your PC slow down at 54%?

If your PC slows down at 54%, check this article: Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10. Click on
    Show all, and you'll see a list of troubleshooting steps to make your PC run better. The tips are listed in order, so start with the first one.

Get back to us with the response for further assistance.

Maria Fab, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Firewall taking over 50% of my CPU & slows down my PC greatly - Similar Threads - Firewall taking 50%

2. One drive taking over my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive taking over my PC: Hi Please I would love some help.My Dell Laptop crashed and I had to reset everything. Prior to the crash I had the majority of my documents saved on the local hard drive.Now after the reset , One drive has “taken” over my laptop.I have items all over my desktop, my quick...
  3. osprivacy svchost.exe taking up over 50% of CPU Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    osprivacy svchost.exe taking up over 50% of CPU Windows 11: It randomly keeps happening recently and sometimes when I play Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 osprivacy takes over 50% of my CPU and my whole game lags.What’s even more annoying is that when I try to browse the internet sometimes my whole computer lags crazy because of...
  4. osprivacy svchost.exe taking up over 50% of CPU Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    osprivacy svchost.exe taking up over 50% of CPU Windows 11: It randomly keeps happening recently and sometimes when I play Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 osprivacy takes over 50% of my CPU and my whole game lags.What’s even more annoying is that when I try to browse the internet sometimes my whole computer lags crazy because of...
  5. my PC Disk shoots up to 50% and slows my entire system down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my PC Disk shoots up to 50% and slows my entire system down: my PC Disk shoots up to 50% and slows my entire system down. Im running Windows 10 Home with i7 Intel 9700k and am not sure why this started happening. My HDD disk is a seagate less than 4 months old and is 7200 rpm at 2tb of storage with 1.5tb still available....
  6. Windows 10 Update Taking Over My PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Update Taking Over My PC: I took one of the Windows 10 updates and it has taken over my PC, so how do I correct? How has it taken over?: Every month it resets my PC by removing all my set-up/apps that are on my desktop and leaving me the basics set-up/apps as if I were a brand new customer. How do I...
  7. Windows Explorer is taking over CPU

Windows Explorer is taking over CPU: Windows Explorer increases it's CPU use about 1 or 2 times per minute. It freezes the mouse movement and makes it move in a jerky fashion. It also interrupts the video portion of YouTube music videos. Any suggestions?...
  8. my windows upadtes slow down my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my windows upadtes slow down my pc: dear sir/madam, i writing this mail,regarding to my windows 10 home basic updates. i am using my 1 year old Dell laptop which is genuine activated windows 10 from Authorized dell store. last night about 10ó clock i download your updates from settings and install it..and shut...
  9. Svchost.exe takes up to 50% of my cpu.

Svchost.exe takes up to 50% of my cpu.: Dear community, 1 of the svhost processes takes up to 50% or more of my laptop cpu resulting that my laptop(gaming laptop) is heating up to fast. I know i can disable it everytime i start up my laptop but i don't find any info about this specific process. [ATTACH] the 50...
  10. MsMpENG.exe using over 50% of CPU.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MsMpENG.exe using over 50% of CPU.: So I have tried everything I have read but this issue is not going away. So I can't seem to get this program to stop using all my cpu. I have tried the following I have read in the following order: 1. Told Windows Defender to stop scanning itself. 2. Installed a...